Nico Lawrence

SuperSAINT

It seems we've beaten Tottenham twice in a week by the looks of it as they wanted him. We're also about to sign one of their young prospects from what I've read. Hattrick of blows for them in a week if so by the mighty Saints.

Definitely good to see us continuing to bolster the B and U18 ranks. 

Prior to the summer window it's been neglected for a while but we're clearly baulking it up massively. It's not all about these players making it as first team players for us, but it's about creating a really good/competitive B Team/U18 team for other players to benefit from being part of as well. If you've got winning underage teams then your talented players are going to develop at a faster rate.

I'm glad it's getting more focus now.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Definitely good to see us continuing to bolster the B and U18 ranks. 

Prior to the summer window it's been neglected for a while but we're clearly baulking it up massively. It's not all about these players making it as first team players for us, but it's about creating a really good/competitive B Team/U18 team for other players to benefit from being part of as well. If you've got winning underage teams then your talented players are going to develop at a faster rate.

I'm glad it's getting more focus now.

It seems that we had a couple of poorer age groups just come through, but the future underneath that is looking very positive.

Weirdly last seasons injury crisis may have worked in our favour in the long term. We were forced to put a load of youngsters in the first team squad which means any potential signings will see there is a pathway and that may just swing the balance if a few teams are in for them.

There's also a bunch of players at U17 and U16 age groups this season with huge potential. I'm really looking forward to seeing what impact they have over the next 18 months. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them around the first team squad by the end of the season, especially if we're in a league position that means there's not much to play for.

U18 and U16 results have been very good this season and there's a lot more to come.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

It seems that we had a couple of poorer age groups just come through, but the future underneath that is looking very positive.

Weirdly last seasons injury crisis may have worked in our favour in the long term. We were forced to put a load of youngsters in the first team squad which means any potential signings will see there is a pathway and that may just swing the balance if a few teams are in for them.

There's also a bunch of players at U17 and U16 age groups this season with huge potential. I'm really looking forward to seeing what impact they have over the next 18 months. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them around the first team squad by the end of the season, especially if we're in a league position that means there's not much to play for.

U18 and U16 results have been very good this season and there's a lot more to come.

As someone who knows fook all about these things - I concur 😉

Edited by Toadhall Saint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Sorry, who? 

I feel I’m pretty knowledgable in the football world but on this occasion I’ve never heard of him 😅

Don’t you follow Kent County football?! ;) 

I think we’re clearly going to release a fair few of the lads this summer and a little to @The Cat’s  point, I think there’s little bit of a gap for centrebacks between age groups so we clearly thought there was spot available. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Fair play to Nico.  Non-league to Premier League academy at 19 is absolutely brilliant.

To be fair he was previously with Fulham and Crystal Palace academies, seems to have stepped away from the academy system to get first team football earlier, and it has paid off. Spurs were also looking to sign him.

29 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

To be fair he was previously with Fulham and Crystal Palace academies, seems to have stepped away from the academy system to get first team football earlier, and it has paid off. Spurs were also looking to sign him.

Doesn’t make it any less impressive.

38 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Our signings of Livramento and Broja  have awakened the interest of  promising youngsters who see the possibilities of Prem. football with Saints,

whilst clubs like Spurs lure in young talents - who have listened to their grandfathers tales of when Spurs were " a big club " - back in the Dark Ages.

Whilst Chelsea off load youngsters by the dozen, in preference to playing their £ multi-million signings and still win things, I feel sorry for the likes of

Winks and Skipp who get only reserve team outings and spend long hours on the bench, hoping for minutes, whilst Levy's " big money signings" fail to deliver. 

Nico.... ( like recently-signed Will Armitage for the U18's)  looks to be a good prospect likely to rise quickly through Saints' ranks.

We can hope that we continue to attract good young talents who can build a career and bring future benefit to Saints.  

15 hours ago, JRM said:

How have the Glebe FC fans taken the news? 

Glad to see the back of him by all accounts. They’re calling the Kent Scott Marshall. Although in fairness he’s had to overcome the adversity of his parents calling him Nico, so not had an easy start to life

Edited by Turkish

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
37 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

He must have been buzzing before he realised that only happened because Holgate went back. 

Is this chicken or egg? (Certainly, not Egg!)

Was Holgate not replaced because of Lawrence? And Charles, of course. Guess it’s too early for a bench appearance tonight. 

Training with our first team is going to do wonders for him between now and end of season. 

If he’s got it in him he can only improve and get into not only the best condition of his life ( as per RM quoted as saying) but has the great fortune & unique opportunity to learn our PB football style by directly copying another young CB who already looks EPL quality in THB.*

It really couldn’t be better for the lad. Now work your butt off, listen to what you are told and give it everything. This is the time. 
* no disrespect intended to Jan- Polish International CB who is having his best ever season for saints - and think not only regained his place in the starting 11 for Poland but has had captain duties their on occasion when lewnadoski goes off. 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

So CB can’t play RB ? In Holgate case maybe but we have played both Stephens and Bednarek there in past.

He is still getting fit so irrelevant 

I'd rather they didn't, Stephens and Bednarek are always pants when playing RB. We play a system that relies heavily on the fullbacks being dynamic and mobile. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I'd rather they didn't, Stephens and Bednarek are always pants when playing RB. We play a system that relies heavily on the fullbacks being dynamic and mobile. 

Well Shea was very good there tonight so we have another option but Bree will be back soon too