God Save the Queen

Guided Missile

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

The Monster Raving Loony party had 'Passports for pets' in their manifesto in 1983.

The Thick Of It cast in an improvised scene came up with the idea of a National Spare Room Database - The Tories later came up with the Bedroom Tax.

• Like 3

On 14/05/2022 at 13:32, Matthew Le God said:

Please pick which option you'd prefer...

A) MLG is born into the family of descendants of medieval warlords and becomes King and head of state for 50 years

B) MLG is amazingly voted into the role of President and Head of State of a Republic. You have the ability to vote him out after 5 years.

No option C) is available. Pick between A or B only please.

Offer Decide GIF by ABC Network

A: MLG is born into the family of descendants of medieval warlords and becomes King and head of state. The population quickly discover what a dickhead he is, and Oliver Donewell organises a civil war and after winning, removes MLG's old wrinkled head. After 20 years of Puritanical rule, Donewell dies and MLG's bastard son, GM, ascends to the throne and his family rules for the next 500 years.

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

A: MLG is born into the family of descendants of medieval warlords and becomes King and head of state. The population quickly discover what a dickhead he is, and Oliver Donewell organises a civil war and after winning, removes MLG's old wrinkled head. After 20 years of Puritanical rule, Donewell dies and MLG's bastard son, GM, ascends to the throne and his family rules for the next 500 years.

Only it doesn't because the population quickly get so sick of GM's grossly inflated opinion of himself and over bearing idiocy that they create the precedent that the French later copy.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2022 at 13:33, whelk said:

Just saw the thread had gone to. 2 pages and thought what the fuck is everyone discussing. All made sense when I saw MLG was on the scene

One of those threads where it's nigh on impossible to work out who is trolling who. Now, where did I put that photo of two geezers going around in futile circles....

GSTQ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2022 at 11:58, Guided Missile said:

as MLG is anti royal and believes they are unelected descendants and warlords then he will be refusing the two day jubilee bank holiday next week and insist on working instead so as to have no association with something he is so vehemently opposed too

26 minutes ago, Turkish said:

as MLG is anti royal and believes they are unelected descendants and warlords then he will be refusing the two day jubilee bank holiday next week and insist on working instead so as to have no association with something he is so vehemently opposed too

I work in a school... it is half term for the Jubilee so I can't work even if I wanted to.

Plus even if I didn't work in a school why does that mean I should work on a royal bank holiday? Why couldn't I enjoy the 4 day weekend without the royal fawning!?

(No it wouldn't make me a hypocrite before you start on that daft line again)

queen GIF

Edited by Matthew Le God

33 minutes ago, Turkish said:

If somebody offered you a 2 day holiday with no strings attached, would you refuse it ?

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

If somebody offered you a 2 day holiday with no strings attached, would you refuse it ?

Depends on your morals and ethics I guess. If I was vehemently against the cause of it then absolutely I’d refuse it. 

29 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I work in a school... it is half term for the Jubilee so I can't work even if I wanted to.

Plus even if I didn't work in a school why does that mean I should work on a royal bank holiday? Why couldn't I enjoy the 4 day weekend without the royal fawning!?

(No it wouldn't make me a hypocrite before you start on that daft line again)

queen GIF

Don’t need to go down that line, You’re already a proven hypocrite. 

Edited by Turkish

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

So what do you suggest I do on that day?

Marking, lesson playing, done charity work. Loads of things you could be doing instead of enjoy two days holiday celebrating the jubilee of an unelected descendant of a war lord 

Not a royalist but I find the queen inoffensive and she is a lovey person to boot.

About as British as fish and chips so throwing a hissy about celebrating her reign is a bit ridiculous.

Frankly it will be huge news worldwide and no publicity is bad publicity anyway. Good for the country and a fantastic achievement.

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Not at my place of work I won't. Plus, certainly not in my usual hours.

I'll be on my laptop here with some alcohol...

20220522_140646.jpg

You’re still working though so your statement was false 

21 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

Not a royalist but I find the queen inoffensive and she is a lovey person to boot.

About as British as fish and chips so throwing a hissy about celebrating her reign is a bit ridiculous.

Fish & chips originated in the 15th century seafaring nation of Portugal! 

portugal GIFFrench Fries Potato GIF

Plus in any case... where is the 'hissy about celebrating'. I've not said people shouldn't celebrate it.

Edited by Matthew Le God

32 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Not at my place of work I won't. Plus, certainly not in my usual hours.

I'll be on my laptop here with some alcohol...

20220522_140646.jpg

Tsk tsk tsk, marking whilst on the sauce  

Seems like our kids futures are in the hands of Wolfe Blass

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Fish & chips originated in the 15th century seafaring nation of Portugal! 

portugal GIFFrench Fries Potato GIF

Plus in any case... where is the 'hissy about celebrating'. I've not said people shouldn't celebrate it.

Actually fish and chips is British. Fried fish may have come from Portugal and been introduced but the pairing is largely credited as being invented in Britain.

Nice try though.

On 13/05/2022 at 22:24, kyle04 said:

Nah, Alfred for me. does Winchester have a statue of the queen?

I think I've proved my point.

We got a statue of a pig [Hampshire hog an' all that] if that's any good.

I can tolerate the Monarchy ... but all the gush ugh

One of the commentators said watching the fly past "they fly past at a height low enough to be able to see her eyes" 😄 

On 24/05/2022 at 19:25, farawaysaint said:

Frankly it will be huge news worldwide and no publicity is bad publicity anyway. Good for the country and a fantastic achievement.

"a lovely person to boot?"

What a stroke of luck!  Who'd have thought it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61676093

The Duke of York has tested positive for coronavirus and will not attend the Queen's Jubilee thanksgiving service on Friday, Buckingham Palace has said.

Crazy vicar probably should have kept his mouth shut.

Edited by Weston Super Saint

• 3 months later...

Not looking good if the family are being called together. For once I agree with Batman, it is sad news. Whilst not a Royalist she has done an amazing job despite the many problems she has had to deal with, not least within her own family. She has been a constant in a rapidly changing world. It won’t be the same without her.