Pre Season 22/23

EBS1980

8 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

That Chelsea mauling at home really destroyed us, Ralph dropped the pressing game and went for this turgid shit straight after and hasn’t looked back….or forward since.

We've been pressing pretty well tonight.

Just now, macca155 said:

Good to see Armstrong score. Don't care how or when, need him to be confident 

I mean, that was good play from him. Picked up the loose ball, dropped the shoulder to turn the defender, looked up for a good pass, and then grabbed the rebound. 

• Like 1

Now that we’re not losing is it safe to say I think we’re playing well? No one has been particularly bad, everyone has had some good moments. Armstrong and Romeu been particularly good.

Encouraging given that most people would agree most of this team are second string.

Edited by saintwbu

2 minutes ago, Puddings and Monkeys said:

Half these players won't be in the first XI vs Spuds.  The shape of the team and its approach seems v good.   Monaco are a CL team and this is their 6th friendly.

Fuck me we have some bed wetting moaning fans (on here).

Spot on. I'm really enjoying this.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

Okay, we're drawing in a pre season friendly. You need to calm down 😂

So do you. 

If we're doom and gloom and we're losing the friendly, why wouldn't we be happy clappy when we're not?

Valery, since his conversion to CB has literally not put a foot wrong.

• Like 3

We seem a lot more physical, and the strikers seem more comfortable pressing, winning lose balls, holding up, and laying off passes to runners. 

This will work until other teams ffogure us out in the league 😅🤣

5 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Now that we’re not losing is it safe to say I think we’re playing well? No one has been particularly bad, everyone has had some good moments. Armstrong and Romeu been particularly good.

Encouraging given that most people would agree most of this team are second string.

And mixing it up by adding long diagonal balls from the back to the high-press - some have very nearly come off.  A new approach to our attack which makes us less one-dimensional.

#progress....but some will still moan their arses off.

• Like 1

Well Monaco have had enough. Basically shattered or stopped playing. 

Saints look good though. A lot of confidence in the players. 

Aribo can control the ball! Djenpo and Valery having a good night. 

Lyanco as well has been solid. 

Good come back as well. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 3

Djenepo looking a different player this pre season. Aribo oozing class. Valery not put a foot wrong at CB. Lyanco his usual, unpredictable, whacky but incredibly lovable self. Really really enjoying this. And people will go "BUT IT'S ONLYA FRIENDLY" but if we're allowed to slip our wrists when we draw/lose a friendly, I see no reason why we can't celebrate winning one!

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Djenepo looking a different player this pre season. Aribo oozing class. Valery not put a foot wrong at CB. Lyanco his usual, unpredictable, whacky but incredibly lovable self. Really really enjoying this. And people will go "BUT IT'S ONLYA FRIENDLY" but if we're allowed to slip our wrists when we draw/lose a friendly, I see no reason why we can't celebrate winning one!

Dont scud us 😂

Kwp needs to start every week as well. Perverse that he wasn't the first name on the team sheet. 

If we play kwp, jwp, bazunu, aribo, Salisu, Bella Kotchap, lavia, and Armstrong then we will do well this year. All of those players have looked decent in Pre season or are proven decent players. 

• Like 1