Pre Season 22/23

EBS1980

6 minutes ago, CWD said:

Unpopular opinion but for me, Redmond currently makes the best XI. 

More unpopular oppinion, I agree with deano - Adams and Armstrong could develop into a decent strike partnership 😅 (particulary if we sort out the supply / support). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_lambden said:

McCarthy at his near post. Shock. 

Not sure you can realistically blame him that much for that. Defenders miscontrolled it, it bounces once, and then it's volleyed into the corner from 10yards before anyone can react. 

• Like 3

Just now, Saints foreva said:

HT. Another half of football where we have failed to create a clear cut chance. This formation is so dull. 

Seems to have carried on where we left off last season.

The laboured play is so boring to watch and so easy to play against.

1 minute ago, Wade Garrett said:

McCarthy would struggle to get a game in the National League.

Absolute dogshit.

You're right. Even Eastleigh have got a better goalkeeper than him. I had a ticket for tonight's game but when I saw McCarthy's name on the team sheet, I decided not to go. He just annoys me too much. I'll go on Saturday though as I'm optimistic he won't play then. It would be useful if they notified us more than an hour in advance when McCarthy is going to play so we can stay well away.

Well that was depressingly familiar and I'm sure Ralph learned nothing more than the rest of us which will come as no surprise. Waste of 45 minutes other than a welcome run out for Perraud. Zero creativity and we look a side totally lacking in shape or direction. Armstrong buzzed about a bit and tried hard but with no support from the midfield. He hit one glorious pass out to Redmond and when the ball eventually arrived in the middle Armstrong was on to it and got a powerful shot away but too close to keeper. If any of these are trying to stake a claim to a first team spot it isn't showing.  Turgid stuff again. Sideways, backwards, sideways rinse and repeat - nothing we haven't seen a million times before.

57 minutes ago, Diabolus Ex Machina said:

Haha funny bunch aren't they. I even saw one earlier today say there was no reason we couldn't have won the league under Koeman a few years ago.

Who ended up winning it that season again? One of the usual suspects no doubt.

4 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

You're right. Even Eastleigh have got a better goalkeeper than him. I had a ticket for tonight's game but when I saw McCarthy's name on the team sheet, I decided not to go. He just annoys me too much. I'll go on Saturday though as I'm optimistic he won't play then. It would be useful if they notified us more than an hour in advance when McCarthy is going to play so we can stay well away.

Behave

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Did anyone expect anything different with the players we had out there? 

Well, you'd like to have thought they'd have been trying a few different things in training but that was like dejavu.

Edited by saintant

4 minutes ago, saintant said:

Well, you'd like to have thought they'd have been trying a few different things in training but that was like dejavu.

They couldn't imagine it since the new year, I wouldn't have imagined there would be any change. The hope is that the new signings can accomplish it better.