Upcoming UK heatwave

Dark Munster

4 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The UK experiences temperatures normally observed in central Spain, central Spain is at the temperature usually found in the Sahara, and the Indian sub-continent bakes at over 50 degrees C.

Nothing to worry about.

Siesta

We were in Paris during the heatwave of 2003 and saw many people collapsed on the pavement being treated by paramedics. I think they estimated that it was responsible for another 2500 deaths. It can be dangerous for those with cardiovascular issue as the heat thickens the blood. My Dad died of a massive coronary on a day of excessive heat here. I know it seems funny to hear people telling us to drink more water and to stay in the shade but whenever we have heatwaves there are always those who don’t take proper care, many of whom pay the ultimate price. There have been a number of drownings in rivers already. A few years ago there were multiple drownings just down the road from us in Camber which seemed especially odd as you have to walk for miles to be able to swim at low tide because it is so shallow there. It might be a laugh to people like Batman, but hopefully the warnings will help save lives.

17 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

"Up to.....", one of the most useless terms in the English language. What he is saying there may be none, may be 200, may be 1000, or in a worst case disaster scenario we might approach 10k.

Talk about hedging your bets, he will find it difficult to be proven wrong.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

We were in Paris during the heatwave of 2003 and saw many people collapsed on the pavement being treated by paramedics. 

I’m calling pony. 

I was in Chicago during the winter of ‘85 and I saw people frozen in the streets, paramedics were using blow torches to thaw them out and community leaders were sticking hot dogs up their arse’s. Horrific 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I mean, it's really not that hard to believe...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16830967/

Screenshot_20220716-194450_Ecosia.thumb.jpg.041ba4d314c59e551d64540b6a2c8a9c.jpg

Where’s the bit about soggy seeing many people collapsed on the pavement being treated by paramedics?  That’s the pony. Perhaps that’s why there was so many excess deaths. Paramedics were too busy helping shoppers that had a bit of heat stroke to attend the elderly and infirm. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Where’s the bit about soggy seeing many people collapsed on the pavement being treated by paramedics?  That’s the pony. Perhaps that’s why there was so many excess deaths. Paramedics were too busy helping shoppers that had a bit of heat stroke to attend the elderly and infirm. 

So you acknowledge there were paramedics treating people in the streets for heatstroke, but you flatly refuse to believe that Soggy saw any of them.

Gotcha.

43 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’m calling pony. 

I was in Chicago during the winter of ‘85 and I saw people frozen in the streets, paramedics were using blow torches to thaw them out and community leaders were sticking hot dogs up their arse’s. Horrific 

I believe him. Whatever the subject Soggy knows someone or has been there. The thought of soggy wondering the streets of Paris while dozens of people are collapsing around him is entirely believable. It was probably at the same time when he was working for the CPS prosecuting rape 

Edited by Turkish

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I believe him. Whatever the subject Soggy knows someone or has been there. The thought of soggy wondering the streets of Paris while dozens of people are collapsing around him is entirely believable. It was probably at the same time when he was working for the CPS prosecuting rape 

He probably knows someone from Paris who told him this story.  When I say know, I mean someone who served him some street food who he felt sorry for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

So you acknowledge there were paramedics treating people in the streets for heatstroke, but you flatly refuse to believe that Soggy saw any of them.

Gotcha.

No chance. Soggy is the most intelligent person in the whole wide world. No way he would venture outdoors in a heatwave - he knows even the shade is a killer on hot days.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If there were 15,000 excess deaths why would some people passing out be so unbelievable?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’m calling pony. 

Of course you are Duckie. You are so used to being lied to by the people you vote for that you assume that everyone lies. It is true though. Why would anyone lie about something like that? Perhaps you think that these people just collapsed and passed out or died conveniently in hospitals? If you are that desperate to discredit it go look at the news reports from Paris that summer. 
Perhaps this will help, especially the bit that’s says “morgues overflowing with bodies.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/06/25/heat-wave-killed-france-temperatures-soar-again-officials-are-taking-no-chances/

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text

59 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Of course you are Duckie. You are so used to being lied to by the people you vote for that you assume that everyone lies. It is true though. Why would anyone lie about something like that? Perhaps you think that these people just collapsed and passed out or died conveniently in hospitals? If you are that desperate to discredit it go look at the news reports from Paris that summer. 
Perhaps this will help, especially the bit that’s says “morgues overflowing with bodies.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/06/25/heat-wave-killed-france-temperatures-soar-again-officials-are-taking-no-chances/

Another one!!

Over Your Head Dodge GIF by Jeremy Speed Schwartz

• Haha 1

Two days of hot weather and the usual melt down merchants are shitting themselves, Walter Mitty making up stories of people collapsing at his feet while he strolled round Paris with gay abandon and aintclever coming onto a thread and completely missing a point. Just another day on the lounge. 🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Turkish said:

I wasn’t “wondering the streets of Paris.” I was there with friends doing what all tourists do. Funnily enough there were thousands of other tourists there too. Who would have thought it?

I wasn’t working for the CPS at that time, I was working for The Spectator.

I was not a lawyer when working at the CPS and never,myself, prosecuted anyone for rape or any other crime.

Apart from that you are spot on. So unlike you to make things up to try and get a bite but well done because it has worked this time thanks to your mate Batman quoting more of your usual bol locks. Even on a day like this you feel the need to stalk and to troll. Sad really.

5 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I wasn’t “wondering the streets of Paris.” I was there with friends doing what all tourists do. Funnily enough there were thousands of other tourists there too. Who would have thought it?

I wasn’t working for the CPS at that time, I was working for The Spectator.

I was not a lawyer when working at the CPS and never,myself, prosecuted anyone for rape or any other crime.

Apart from that you are spot on. So unlike you to make things up to try and get a bite but well done because it has worked this time thanks to your mate Batman quoting more of your usual bol locks. Even on a day like this you feel the need to stalk and to troll. Sad really.

So you admit it was all bullshit when you claimed you’ve prosecuted rape and domestic violence then a few weeks later also claimed you prosecuted knife crime whilst working for the CPS. About time. 

The problem with being a serial bullshitter is that you need to remember what you’ve lied about. You end up outing yourself. It’s a bit like lying about who you’ve got on ignore on here, you always end up slipping up 😃

I can’t believe they are still letting sport be played and shoos to open when clearly there will be deaths

although lovely breeze in the garden at the mo making it very pleasant and I feel no where close to death

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

I can’t believe they are still letting sport be played and shoos to open when clearly there will be deaths

although lovely breeze in the garden at the mo making it very pleasant and I feel no where close to death

That’s the bloody tories for you. Labour would have locked the country down for 2 days and sent us all free bottled water and ice packs. Tories just let life carry on whilst they sit in their posh gardens being served pims by the servants. They are laughing at us dying in the streets. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

The red warning looks like it's been downgraded to amber now (on met office app).

Does that mean 15,000 people will still die and if they do, will it still be all the thick fucks?

Thick or fat

12 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

From the "Met office app" as I stated quite clearly in my post. Did you struggle to read that bit?

Not sure where your picture is from...

It's from the Met Office app, taken after you posted that the red warning had been downgraded. Which it clearly hasn't.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

Anyway lads and lasses, if I don’t make it through until Wednesday been nice knowing you all and although clashed with some of you of the years we’re all saints at the end of the day.

I’ve asked for a short ceremony ahead of my cremation, don’t want any tears, going underground to be played as everyone arrives at the crematorium, live forever at the end of the service and Fire by Kasabian as they send me off to the melters. Afterwards a right good drink up at the golf club as a parting gift to my mates where they can get Madhri for £3.80 a pint.

Stay safe and hope you all survive the great 2 day red warning of 2022. 

30 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

It's from the Met Office app, taken after you posted that the red warning had been downgraded. Which it clearly hasn't.

It's not on mine - however it looks like the app is geography specific. Search for Weston Super Mare and it only shows amber until midnight Tuesday covering South coast and London. Search for Manchester and it shows red from tomorrow until Tuesday night for a strip down to London.

The same app has two different warnings for the city. Bizarre.

10 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It's not on mine - however it looks like the app is geography specific. Search for Weston Super Mare and it only shows amber until midnight Tuesday covering South coast and London. Search for Manchester and it shows red from tomorrow until Tuesday night for a strip down to London.

The same app has two different warnings for the city. Bizarre.

Yep mines showing an amber warning in my area from now until midnight Tuesday red for the whole country 

Edited by Turkish

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-62198021

The sun is shining, you have the day off and...you are stuck in traffic queuing for a beach that is at capacity

Please avoid visiting Camber - the Met Office has issued a red extreme heat warning, so the last place you want to be is stuck in a car!

A couple ofquestions...

1. How can a beach be 'full'? ( no mention of the 'capacity' of Camber Sands on the Rother Council website here )

2. If you've got air conditioning, then being 'stuck in a car!' is one of the best things you can do in a heatwave isn't it?

Edited by Weston Super Saint

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Anyway lads and lasses, if I don’t make it through until Wednesday been nice knowing you all and although clashed with some of you of the years we’re all saints at the end of the day.

I’ve asked for a short ceremony ahead of my cremation, don’t want any tears, going underground to be played as everyone arrives at the crematorium, live forever at the end of the service and Fire by Kasabian as they send me off to the melters. Afterwards a right good drink up at the golf club as a parting gift to my mates where they can get Madhri for £3.80 a pint.

Stay safe and hope you all survive the great 2 day red warning of 2022. 

I don’t think you’ll need to worry about a cremation, it sounds like anyone brave enough to leave the house will be cremated on the spot. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-62198021

A couple ofquestions...

1. How can a beach be 'full'?

2. If you've got air conditioning, then being 'stuck in a car!' is one of the best things you can do in a heatwave isn't it?

The car parks were full. If you know Camber you will know that there is no where else to park your car legally once they are full and people usually leave their cars parked on double yellow lines as well so there is no where to park.

When you go on holiday do you think it is fun to spend two weeks sitting in a traffic jam? Perhaps I missed something but if that is the case why not just sit in the car on the drive rather than sitting in a jam between your house on the beach?

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

The car parks were full. If you know Camber you will know that there is no where else to park your car legally once they are full and people usually leave their cars parked on double yellow lines as well so there is no where to park.

When you go on holiday do you think it is fun to spend two weeks sitting in a traffic jam? Perhaps I missed something but if that is the case why not just sit in the car on the drive rather than sitting in a jam between your house on the beach?

Surely better than going on holiday and watching people collapsing at your feet all around you?