Upcoming UK heatwave

Dark Munster

53 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

Be honest, you've just Googled it and realised how utterly stupid your last post made you look. Its OK to admit it occasionally you know. 

If you want to think that feel free, or you could look further up the thread where i made a comment about it a few days ago, it's entirely up to you, it's on page 3 if you want to go and find it.

Edited by Turkish

28 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Horrifying. Genuinely like a scene from a post-apocalyptic movie. Thankfully no casualties though. 

Yeah that is shocking. Wennington equally, if not worse. I've never see a fire ravage something that badly in this country in my lifetime, outside of Grenfell. 

Doesn't sound like any people were trapped or caught up in it, but I hope everyone got their animals out. But I can't imagine losing everything like that, cars and all. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

These wildfires are usually caused by arson be it wilful or accidental.

It's why we have firebans out here during the summer. Dipshits otherwise will be causing all sorts of huge fires. They punish hard as well.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/wooroloo-man-charged-over-devastating-inferno-told-the-media-he-was-sleeping-when-the-fire-started-20210716-p58agy.html

Edited by skintsaint

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/08/2022 at 20:37, Weston Super Saint said:

Are we ready for 'heatwave ii' and more 'tips' on how to survive?

Clearly by the lack of response on here nobody cares.

You must do better when trolling. This is a poor effort. You are not very good at it. Give it up. 

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm just happy that everyone has understood the advice and will keep themselves and their loved ones safe.

😁

I got a little bit red in the sun today so need to pay more attention to the advice. 😁

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Everything is a CRISIS with a WARNING. AMBER WARNING issued due to CRISIS of lack of loo roll. RED WARNING issued due to CRISIS over toothpaste. Whatever. The media (and in fact this country) is f**king dull.

Meanwhile in the current AMBER WARNING for the HEATWAVE CRISIS, my lounge is still 29c at 11pm. But I'm not dead. 

46 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Is your part of the UK still burning"?

No not here, but I expect that doesn’t make the people who lost their houses or their crops a few weeks ago feel any better. Do you or do you still think it is something to poke fun at?  (No need to answer that, we all know the answer).

Actually I was wrong, still fires here

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/amp/fire-crews-tackle-large-crop-blaze-271896/

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text

14 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

No not here, but I expect that doesn’t make the people who lost their houses or their crops a few weeks ago feel any better. Do you or do you still think it is something to poke fun at?  (No need to answer that, we all know the answer).

Actually I was wrong, still fires here

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/amp/fire-crews-tackle-large-crop-blaze-271896/

That article is 3 days old? Is your part of the UK still burning?

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

You must be too young to remember 1976 and our glorious Minister for Drought The Right Honourable Lord Denis Howell, one FA referee from 1956 to 1966.

Yes, I know you weren’t serious;)

Are you suggesting the Tories aren't to blame for this weather? This cant be true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

That article is 3 days old? Is your part of the UK still burning?

Did you ever burn the toast on the sub? I should imagine a fire onboard a submarine is a pretty serious thing and not to be made fun of? Or did you take the rise out of your colleagues during fire drills? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Did you ever burn the toast on the sub? I should imagine a fire onboard a submarine is a pretty serious thing and not to be made fun of? Or did you take the rise out of your colleagues during fire drills? 

I have literally no idea what you are on about.

How are you coping in this 'far right' weather, anyway?

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Haha 1