Radio Solent Fans Forum

Backrow91

20 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Che to Everton bollocks according to Semmens.

Didn't play last weekend because AA scored more in pre-season. Says RH.

Hmmm.

Ralph admitting he picked Armstrong who is completely ineffective in that role away at a top 6 side, over Adams because “he scored more in pre-season”.

We’re fucked aren’t we.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Micky said:

Ralf waffling, planting flowers, watering them... anybody translate for me...?

He's over-complicating things. He was essentially admitting he didn't know why the squad lost the plot.

He's got to go.

Edited by Colinjb

16 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Championship will be fun next season at least

Lis, Valery, Stephens, Simeu, Small, Smallbone, Watts, Tella, Djenepo, Armstrong, Mara... or something like that once all the jewels are sold off. Yippee! 

(Ok I'm being extreme but the point stands.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Saints said:

Ralph admitting he picked Armstrong who is completely ineffective in that role away at a top 6 side, over Adams because “he scored more in pre-season”.

We’re fucked aren’t we.

Everyone here was saying we should play Armstrong over Adams last week...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Whole thing can be summed up as saints will be happy just to stay in the league and aren't aiming for anything else!

Ralph seems totally nonchalant about his formation and tactical choices, you get the sense that his isn't going to change his approach to games 

Lots of filibustering to reduce number of questions asked from the floor. Last couple of questions on mental resilience understandably, which wasn’t really answered. Semmens - yes, they are 5% off but why? Yes, Brentford was shit Ralph. Blackmore doing my head in. 

6 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Everyone here was saying we should play Armstrong over Adams last week...

I think we are all desperate for Armstrong succeed, no issues with him being picked. It was playing him alone that was the issue.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JRM said:

The fan was right , no way on earth games like Brentford away end of last season they were putting in 100% , Simmens waffling that he goes as well and misses his kids, nonsense. 

You know he can never answer otherwise though 

• Like 1

Ralph's been honest, his direct style will rub people up the wrong way but at least he's not being wishy washy

Martin has been a bit too confrontational and defensive for me.

Toby gave a poor response to the away fans issue, basically dismissing it as not a problem, when it obviously is.

2 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

Semmens: 'We are not going to sell a single player.'

Hope I didn't miss hear that.

You did, he said there will be players going out, players coming in, potentially

Edited by Turkish

Poor fans forum.

the tone was set about how grateful we should be just playing in the league. We can’t defend so need to play 5 at the back, and we have signed young players who need time to learn how to play 4222. However, being young is not a limiting factor, more about quality rather than experience. 

Ralph a little rattled and said it is not easy being saints manager, and the team have been a bit shit. Also, Broja just stopped being good from about March.

We are going down IMO. The stage was set about just being grateful to be playing in the league.

I though Big Adam was going to start crying at the start. Jesus wept!

Edited by AlexLaw76