Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I wouldn't say its inevitable next week but it will happen over the next few weeks for sure. 

Oh I dunno. Ankersen has the air - to me - of someone who thinks his brilliance lies in being an amazing outlier who thinks differently to everyone else, and that this will only fire that enthusiasm and self love, his belief in the stats and his own way of fighting against the odds a la Brentford. So that he may well stick with the wurzel one even if we get smashed 3-0. I'm preparing myself for that eventuality as it's clearly madness to believe that he will do the right and obvious thing as he rubs himself further in front of Moneyball reruns.

• Like 2

I listened to the Press Conference and noted the comments above about it all being about him, being self centred etc etc but to be fair the questions were mainly all about him, his reaction to last week and so on.

It is impossible to defend the Premier League record since he arrived, but lets say he promotes his "style" of football be that direct, fast transition or long ball and gets three wins in a row or even enough wins between now and the end of the season to keep us up, who on here will still be berating him and his style ? Is it really about systems and style or is it just about points ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redandwhitey said:

I listened to the Press Conference and noted the comments above about it all being about him, being self centred etc etc but to be fair the questions were mainly all about him, his reaction to last week and so on.

It is impossible to defend the Premier League record since he arrived, but lets say he promotes his "style" of football be that direct, fast transition or long ball and gets three wins in a row or even enough wins between now and the end of the season to keep us up, who on here will still be berating him and his style ? Is it really about systems and style or is it just about points ?

Good points. But for me, essentially, we forgive alot when we win. If we lose then these things (poor football, poor PR) are not forgiven, they are blamed. 

Edited by JustinR
Typo

2 minutes ago, JustinR said:

Good points. But for me, essentially, we forgive alot when we win. If we lose then these things (poor football, poor PR) are not forgiven, they are blamed. 

Really? You're rewriting history there.

When Ralph tried to play high press, high energy football he got blamed for having no plan B, the players being knackered after 45 minutes and being too open. When he tried something different it was boring sideways football too slow.

When Puel was losing it was because he was boring and too negative

Pochetino had no plan b and couldn't win a game if we concede first

Pellegrino, Hughes, Jones when we won it's inspite of them when we lost it's because of them

The only one in recent history are Koeman, although a lot of fans started getting on his back when we had a bad run christmas 2016 time, boring shite, Pelle is useless etc etc

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

When Ralph tried to play high press, high energy football he got blamed for having no plan B, the players being knackered after 45 minutes and being too open. When he tried something different it was boring sideways football too slow.

I feel quite nostalgic for the days when we had a Plan A.

• Like 3
  • Haha 22

32 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Really? You're rewriting history there.

When Puel was losing it was because he was boring and too negative

Pochetino had no plan b and couldn't win a game if we concede first

Pellegrino, Hughes, Jones when we won it's inspite of them when we lost it's because of them

The only one in recent history are Koeman, although a lot of fans started getting on his back when we had a bad run christmas 2016 time, boring shite, Pelle is useless etc etc

so are you saying the fans expect more than we should do, I think that would be a fair assessment

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, redandwhitey said:

When you're up against it, it's just about points. When you have enough points it becomes about style. Puel illustrates this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Leaving Nathan out of it for now. It's hard supporting a team where half of them don't appear to care too much about playing for the shirt. Hope that is going to change. As it stands, we have every right to be moaning especially on a Mong board as Turkish used to call it

And it still is. Sadly a few snowflakes took umbridge to it even though I showed them they were wrong and the definition of mong is a stupid person, those happy to offended types that litter these sort of places desperately showing how virtuous they are 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

And it still is. Sadly a few snowflakes took umbridge to it even though I showed them they were wrong and the definition of mong is a stupid person, those happy to offended types that litter these sort of places desperately showing how virtuous they are 

Wasn't it jizz mopping mong at some point or am I misremembering? 

• Haha 3

One of the more dubious decisions that was made, was to clear out the long established back room staff. People like Kelvin Davis were proper loyalists who helped to give the club a heart beat and a culture. When the pressure is on it is these guys that circle the wagons and make the club feel worth fighting for. These guys provide the continuity when managers or even owners come and go. 

Edited by Sergei Gotsmanov

1 minute ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

One of the more dubious decisions that was made, was to clear out the long established back room staff. People like Kelvin Davis were proper loyalists who helped to give the club a heart beat and a culture. When the pressure is on it is these guys that circle the wagons and make the club feel worth fighting for. These guys provide the continuity when managers or even owners come and go. 

Heart beat and culture is one thing.  Not winning games due to shit coaches is another entirely.

I for one am looking forward to a convincing win this weekend. Full of aggression and front-footedness. A clean sheet, impeccable football and impressive tactics. You said you’d deliver Nathan. With the greatest of respect, now’s the time.

Edited by imadirtyurchin
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

I never really saw what credentials Davis and even Fleming had to be coaches at PL level.

Davis was an excellent club servant and undoubtably a great voice around the place, which is being missed, but his job was to coach the players not be the 'voice'. If there was another role he could have done I'd have been happy for him to stay on, but as a PL First Team coach I was never sure what he brought to the party.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Probably umbrage. But you can't be perfect and NJ is a long way off that!

1 minute ago, SaturdayGirl said:

The club must have a plan for 5pm Saturday , I wonder who they have been talking to in the last few days to run the club to the end of the season ?

Rasmus will step in , he`s done his research about all the stats, tactics and everything, he`s thinking "how hard can it be"  .....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, redandwhitey said:

Surely you haven't swallowed all that bullish!t about him not having had the freedom to express his own style of play. We've seen all he has to offer, if you are hoping for a transformative style of play tomorrow that will sweep aside Wolves and other relegation candidates then I fear you are in for a massive disappointment.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Surely you haven't swallowed all that bullish!t about him not having had the freedom to express his own style of play. We've seen all he has to offer, if you are hoping for a transformative style of play tomorrow that will sweep aside Wolves and other relegation candidates then I fear you are in for a massive disappointment.

Agree with this. He's not hiding anything that will be unleashed tomorrow.  He's consistently losing football matches....if he had something up his sleeve to turn things around we'd have seen it by now. Don't be taken in by the smoke and mirrors.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, saintant said:

Agree with this. He's not hiding anything that will be unleashed tomorrow.  He's consistently losing football matches....if he had something up his sleeve to turn things around we'd have seen it by now. Don't be taken in by the smoke and mirrors.

That is fair, I still go back to the case that he has until now, the same failing squad that were dire for the past year. It is quite amazing how we didnt go down last season!

Personally we would take a jammywin, bad VAR decision or a massive fluke to get us on track a little. I sense there are a few fans who want to see us tonked so that they can hope NJ is sacked. I cant see that will happen, but if the team sheet comes out like last weeks then he is really in trouble

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

This! Absolutely this!

Well, definitely this, apart from the £120million or so spent on new players since the summer.

Other than that, this!

Lol, nice one. Have you morphed into CB Fry or are you him, very much his style of work 

I did mean season but you have pinned me lol

Edited by OldNick

1 hour ago, miserableoldgit said:

Not sure where to post this. Nothing new but good to see it all in one place:- 

Good video, a bit of a mistake at the end though. He referenced the takeover by SR and stated the 'lack of investment would continue with SR' - completely unfounded that one, we've spent more than ever.

I agree with the final sentiment though, where we are is not just because of 'this season', it's many failings coming to the fore from previous years. 'if' we had better experienced players and not Armstrong/Adams/Perraud/Ely/Moussa/Bednarek/Diallo etc then they would better complement the obvious young talent we have. But we're a bit hamstrung by the shit left behind on big wages, which is holding everyone back.

I don't think our summer signings were bad, we've seen with Lava and ABK that we've unearthed some gems there. Mara and Edozie are too young to judge. Too much faith was put onto the 'experience' we already had here though.

Jones still doesn't make any sense though. I reckon a decent manager would still find this an attractive project to get stuck into.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I never really saw what credentials Davis and even Fleming had to be coaches at PL level.

Davis was an excellent club servant and undoubtably a great voice around the place, which is being missed, but his job was to coach the players not be the 'voice'. If there was another role he could have done I'd have been happy for him to stay on, but as a PL First Team coach I was never sure what he brought to the party.

I see the main role of back room coaches as to build team cohesion, spirit and to be a go between the players and the manager. Of course there has to be a level of coaching competence  but I have never really seen evidence of a number two having any revolutionary impact on the team with their coaching they just seem to put the cones out and give encouragement. I am probably naive of course! 

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Good video, a bit of a mistake at the end though. He referenced the takeover by SR and stated the 'lack of investment would continue with SR' - completely unfounded that one, we've spent more than ever.

I agree with the final sentiment though, where we are is not just because of 'this season', it's many failings coming to the fore from previous years. 'if' we had better experienced players and not Armstrong/Adams/Perraud/Ely/Moussa/Bednarek/Diallo etc then they would better complement the obvious young talent we have. But we're a bit hamstrung by the shit left behind on big wages, which is holding everyone back.

I don't think our summer signings were bad, we've seen with Lava and ABK that we've unearthed some gems there. Mara and Edozie are too young to judge. Too much faith was put onto the 'experience' we already had here though.

Jones still doesn't make any sense though. I reckon a decent manager would still find this an attractive project to get stuck into.

Agree. Good managers are always saying that they are "looking for a new challenge"..... bloody hell,  this would definitely be a challenge....

7 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Agree. Good managers are always saying that they are "looking for a new challenge"..... bloody hell,  this would definitely be a challenge....

For next season I reckon it could be seen as quite an exciting challenge, so potentially we could attract someone who you'd see as a higher manager (similar to when Wolves got Nuno) There will be lots of money to re-invest in the team with the sales of our big players, who will still attract big bids irrespective of our position. We'll keep a young core, I'm sure, then it's up to whoever fancies the project to mould an exciting team for that level and beyond. This won't be like the last time we went down and could only afford 90k on Ricardo Fuller, we should have the tools financially to dominate that league IF we get the managerial appointment right.

If we get that right, recruit right and have a fun season then the momentum could lead to us developing in the same way Fulham, Brentford and Brighton have. I'm taking the viewpoint that this is a step back in order to take a big step forward long-term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

He's not going to come out and say, "you should have seen Duje's right hook"...

Let say there was a bust up, if it was 10 players as is the rumour then that means either all 10 were going for Jones or there is a big division in the camp im not sure which is worse 🤔

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Let say there was a bust up, if it was 10 players as is the rumour then that means either all 10 were going for Jones or there is a big division in the camp im not sure which is worse 🤔

Someone posted on here last week there was huge division within the team.

Again, I doubt there is.

That said if it’s against AMN then no issues, fraud of a player.

2 hours ago, Saint NL said:

This time tomorrow, I wonder what we'll all be thinking.

I haven't looked forward to a league game like this in a long time. The football will be poor, but the story around the game is fascinating.

We'll be thinking Jones finally did it his way and we still lost - over to you Rasmus.

31 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Someone posted on here last week there was huge division within the team.

Again, I doubt there is.

That said if it’s against AMN then no issues, fraud of a player.

Why do you doubt there is? They don’t exactly play like a tight bunch of lads do they 

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones