Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

Jesus christ, you can see already he is well out of his depth...Brighton look like Barcelona on acid.

Jones' CV is very poor and we have promoted him well beyond what he deserves.

He will not be our manager next season and kind of hope Sports Republic (who are horrific owners) would do a Watford - the football is terrible - Hoooooooof

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2

The starting line up was all wrong today and that's on him, and as an appointment I think he's a poor choice BUT the one saving grace today is that he did spot the shittest players and sub them off. I mean, any fan could do the same but at least he did it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

The board need to be brave and admit they got it wrong. There is nothing in Jones’ cv to suggest he could manage at this level, how long do you gamble the club’s future?

I struggled to see any realistic candidate who did have that on their CV.

• Haha 1

Its now just laughable.  Lyanco ahead of ABK? The same useless t**s selected week after week and now a manager so far out of his depth its untrue. 

SR are off to a terrible start and do not look good owners.  Losing Crocker should have been a warning sign.

Who on earth thought Jones would be a good fit?  Terrible hoof ball manager

• Like 5

1 minute ago, washsaint said:

Its now just laughable.  Lyanco ahead of ABK? The same useless t**s selected week after week and now a manager so far out of his depth its untrue. 

SR are off to a terrible start and do not look good owners.  Losing Crocker should have been a warning sign.

Who on earth thought Jones would be a good fit?  Terrible hoof ball manager

Yeah one would think he'd start with the player who very clearly wasn't fit the other night 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

We should have gone for Domenico Tedesco and could still go for him. 

Whoever and whenever our next appointment is...

"So how long will the fans give me before they turn on me?"
"Well...Erm...Let's discuss your salary..."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Whoever and whenever our next appointment is...

"So how long will the fans give me before they turn on me?"
"Well...Erm...Let's discuss your salary..."

The fans haven't "turned on him". No Saints fan on earth wanted him in the first place.

• Like 11

So what have we been working on? Because we look worse than we did under Ralph....... 

First half today I was actually scratching my head thinking what is the actual gameplay? Brighton in comparison were stringing passes together and out maneuvering our lack of midfield. 

Why we appointed Jones I cannot say I don't know much about the guys credentials or background I'm all for giving people a chance.

The squad also needs major work. You look at the team on paper and how weak it is how did we get in such a position? 

Madness  

• Like 5

Just now, ally_uk said:

So what have we been working on? Because we look worse than we did under Ralph....... 

First half today I was actually scratching my head thinking what is the actual gameplay? Brighton in comparison were stringing passes together and out maneuvering our lack of midfield. 

Why we appointed Jones I cannot say I don't know much about the guys credentials or background I'm all for giving people a chance.

The squad also needs major work. You look at the team on paper and how weak it is how did we get in such a position? 

Madness  

Jones didn’t have a clue either, so good luck working it out.

Five formation changes in one game. An utter embarrassment. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

This thread seems very harsh .. ok he made a couple of weird decisions like lyanco over ABK etc but at least we tried a couple of new things and edozie looked bright..

im more mad at bazunu who gifted them a two goal lead then Jones personally after his first fuck up we were up against it 

But does he really inspire any confidence that he can keep this clusterfuck of a team up though? We have had a break of well over a month now, and nothing has changed. Same shit just a different opponent. We aren't going to be able to attract the kind of player we need to stay up in January. 

Just now, Baird of the land said:

Personally i’m not yet on his back. Hoping he has strength of ditch many of the pathetic cretins who showed zero backbone today.

And replace them with …. other pathetic cretins perhaps ? 

No way of breaking it to you gently, but our squad is piss poor. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

But does he really inspire any confidence that he can keep this clusterfuck of a team up though? We have had a break of well over a month now, and nothing has changed. Same shit just a different opponent. We aren't going to be able to attract the kind of player we need to stay up in January. 

Things have changed - we're a lot, lot worse.

• Like 2

And this is why sacking Ralph was not the answer so many were proclaiming. He polished a turd for many years and we will probably not realise what we had until a few months have gone.

Still way too early for these sort of threads though, but it does have a whiff of 'try and be clever on the cheap' about it, like we tried with the likes of Mara and co in the summer.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Badger said:

And replace them with …. other pathetic cretins perhaps ? 

No way of breaking it to you gently, but our squad is piss poor. 

A lower league team could at least close down as a unit. Basic laziness where a player closes down the man with the ball but none of his mates bother with other players so he can pass it to whoever he wants.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Personally i’m not yet on his back. Hoping he has strength of ditch many of the pathetic cretins who showed zero backbone today.

Want to agree with the first part of your post.

I didn’t blame Ralph for the squad he had at  his disposal and feel the same for NJ. But .., remains to be seen if he can formulate the tactics, and provide motivation to get anything out of this bunch. Not holding my breath 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

And this is why sacking Ralph was not the answer so many were proclaiming. He polished a turd for many years and we will probably not realise what we had until a few months have gone.

Still way too early for these sort of threads though, but it does have a whiff of 'try and be clever on the cheap' about it, like we tried with the likes of Mara and co in the summer.

Most won t admit they were wrong in calling for his head.

They ve already gone to their next scapegoat target which is Sports Republic

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yup agree with this. Although after sacking Ralph we had a choice to get a decent manager from Europe in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

The board need to be brave and admit they got it wrong. There is nothing in Jones’ cv to suggest he could manage at this level, how long do you gamble the club’s future?

His CV showed the metric Saints want, over performing on a small budget. 

I feel sorry for his in laws, all big saints fans, going to get a bit awkward 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I mean he wouldn’t of been my choice either but he’s here now so we may as well give him a chance..

don’t really agree with Ralph polishing a turd comments either Ralph was as stubborn as fuck and never learned.. same awfull choices every week like anything differant was ever gonna happen ..

Even though we don’t really have a lot of time Jones seems open to changing things and making plenty of tactical switches which is refreshing at least..

our owners dug is in this hole by not filling the attacking positions we needed in the summer properly now it’s gonna be difficult for anoyone to do a job with until we get some reinforcements 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Rubbish...Ralph was done, we just needed a decent manager to replace him!

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, harvey said:

Rubbish...Ralph was done, we just needed a decent manager to replace him!

He wasn’t done, he was a point off safety, with a reasonable GD, without anything resembling a competent goal scorer. Get one of those in and we’d have stayed up.

Now though… we are hopeless, outclassed all over the park and will likely be spanked in most of our remaining games.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

One consultation for us fans is we won’t cling on to the hope that we could escape relegation now.

It’s dead certain now we are going down as the board won’t admit they messed up by sacking Jones.

You seem to know a few things around the club. Genuine question, but what was the thinking in getting Jones on? It just seems like the 90's all over again at the club, hire from the lower leagues in the hope of getting it right

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!