Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

I haven't put much thought into this but I'd be inclined to let Stevie G take the job and try building something next season. A la Kompany who has done a fantastic job.

As I say i haven't put much thought into it so don't rip me a new one. Either way I think we need to look to next season, someone that can take the remnants of this side post sales and get us up.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

I haven't put much thought into this but I'd be inclined to let Stevie G take the job and try building something next season. A la Kompany who has done a fantastic job.

As I say i haven't put much thought into it so don't rip me a new one. Either way I think we need to look to next season, someone that can take the remnants of this side post sales and get us up.

No thanks. He made an absolute cunt of it at Villa with a decent squad. Villa now up to 11th under a good manager. Gerrard would be as much of a disaster as a Jones is.

• Like 8

The only positive of this could be an announcement in the next 30 minutes that he’s gone, announcement on Monday that Ankerson will lead the Turkish club and Rafa Benitez appointed as Saints DoF on 3 year deal responsible for all football decision-making at SFC. He can take him time to find a Kompany type new manager by the summer as we’ve been relegated for months. Big name manager, some of the new signings might stay, fans re-engaged, champions next season and lessons learned.

This could be a catalyst but Dragan HAS to show some leadership because Semmens, Ankerson, Steele not PL or even football industry calibre employees at any level.

Although i never wouldve wanted Gerrard the state of play at the club at the moment i would take him, even if its just so he has an air of respect from the players, we're done in epl so short term till end of season then re evaluate, really missed a trick tho not going for Dyche on short term deal

1 minute ago, saint1977 said:

The only positive of this could be an announcement in the next 30 minutes that he’s gone, announcement on Monday that Ankerson will lead the Turkish club and Rafa Benitez appointed as Saints DoF on 3 year deal responsible for all football decision-making at SFC. He can take him time to find a Kompany type new manager by the summer as we’ve been relegated for months. Big name manager, some of the new signings might stay, fans re-engaged, champions next season and lessons learned.

This could be a catalyst but Dragan HAS to show some leadership because Semmens, Ankerson, Steele not PL or even football industry calibre employees at any level.

This...... not going to happen in a month of Sundays though 

NATHAN JONES. I am as angry as everyone else, but will try to put this in civil terms. I have genuine sympathy for your family who are apparently Southampton supporters. You are clearly failing badly as our manager, but don't seem to be able to admit it.  It must be tearing your family apart, not only having to watch the football you serve up, but also your disturbing behaviour off the pitch and the fact that you are becoming the laughing stock of just about every football fan in this country. I fear for your own mental health. No one denies that managing a premier league club is a tough gig, with the scrutiny you are under. It is made even worse when one is clearly out of their depth. Please do yourself a favour and please do your family a favour and step away. Take your pay-off, go and sit in the sun and reflect on where it all went wrong.  

• Like 6

Just now, Katalinic said:

So obvious what was going to happen and he did nothing. Jones Out obviously but the board should take a long hard look at themselves, not sure I trust them to pick a replacement.

Rasmus should be sacked. He's more incompetant than Jones - absolutely no two ways about it. Massively out of his depth but seemingly with absolute control. He is destroying the club with every decision he makes so far. 

• Like 5

I have plenty of mixed emotions running around in my head after todays game.......but the biggest question that I have is......WTF Bednarek???? We were glad to see the back of him....couldn't get a game at Villa....we have better CDs in DCC and AMK who aren't even in the squad, Janny B play every game when he is clearly not up to it. Baffled!!!

• Like 8

Just now, Convict Colony said:

What next - selles ? i can only think that Leeds cant attrach anyone 

Yeah, go with Selles. Take stock in the close season, should be quite an attractive Championship project for an ambitious manager to get stuck into. No point rushing into a long-term appointment now and getting it wrong.

• Like 5

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones