Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

8 minutes ago, Wsaint said:

Prove it

Are you for real?

Just look at my posts back when he was appointed. I tried to explain that I regularly attend Luton games and that I had only ever seen a man who was a complete egomaniac, managing a team with no real tactics. The real credit at Luton should go to the likes of Mick Harford and the backroom staff... Not Nathan Jones. 

At the time, I was told to stop being so negative and to fuck off back to Luton. Interestingly, Luton have got themselves a decent manager in Rob Edwards. Tactically they look miles better than when the chest thumping, badge kissing prick was barking from the touchline. 

I hated him at Luton. I hate him even more at Southampton. We've had some shit managers but this wanker takes the biscuit. 

• Like 7

Just now, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Are you for real?

Just look at my posts back when he was appointed. I tried to explain that I regularly attend Luton games and that I had only ever seen a man who was a complete egomaniac, managing a team with no real tactics. The real credit at Luton should go to the likes of Mick Harford and the backroom staff... Not Nathan Jones. 

At the time, I was told to stop being so negative and to fuck off back to Luton. Interestingly, Luton have got themselves a decent manager in Rob Edwards. Tactically they look miles better than when the chest thumping, badge kissing prick was barking from the touchline. 

I hated him at Luton. I hate him even more at Southampton. We've had some shit managers but this wanker takes the biscuit. 

A) he was taking the piss

B) I concur with your assessment at the time as my best mate is a hatters fan 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

At the time, I was told to stop being so negative

Yep, you're right.... Everyone else was really enthusiastic about his appointment and not negative in the slightest. That was just clever old you... ;)

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

No other club in the division would go and appoint Luton Towns manager to keep them up. Too many people looking at algorithms and not understanding how football works. 

Yeah, too many algorithms not enough common sense I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Are you for real?

Most people told you to shut the fuck up because we could all foresee you'd eventually make up this bullshit narrative in your head on this forum.

Yeah, we all remember that you were the brave, lone voice in the wilderness, the only Saints fan on earth urging caution while all other Saints supporters were Nathan Jones megafans. We all loved him from day one we did.

You and only you said he wasn't much cop. Just you, what a fucking hero.

Fuck off back to Luton. Fuck off back to Luton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I hope not. No business staying at the club to be fair

Yep. I don't get why people keep calling for Selles. He's been here during this shit show amd the last one. Get him gone. I'd leave Horseman to take the reins until we get someone else in. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Somebody please explain why Jones is still manager of Southampton FC? 

Am I missing or have overlooked something here? 

Rasmus Ankersen says he can stay on because he deserves the chance to work with new signings and they see things that we don't - well, he got that right.

4 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Jones “I’m not worried (about the potential sacking)”.

So either he’s been given assurances by the club which is alarming, or he is so deluded he doesn’t realise the predicament he has helped out the club in, or he is not bothered because he’ll know he’ll get a few million pounds in pay off.

I vote that he's not worried because if it happens he'll be out of the firing line, and still being paid. 

Edited by egg

As far as I'm concerned the selected team today was a disappointment. I couldn't really see a natural shape. I wondered why Bednarek and AMN were picked. Again five at the back didn't work and certainly shouldn't have been continued after the sending off but nothing happened. We needed a proper back four. We didn't need two Kamikaze full backs leaving bloody great gaps behind them. We needed a proper midfield Lavia holding, JWP and Alcaraz. Onuachu with Orsic and Sulemana. With those players we don't need kamikaze full backs. When Wolves went down to ten IMO there was no way back against that team. Even Traore could have been double banked instead of given a free pass. All the coaching badges on earth don't mean a thing because they don't teach common sense team selection. Balance is all important just doing what we did today wasn't a team performance it was random selections trying to play.

• Like 3

Liverpool - L

Brighton - L

Fulham - L

Forest - L

Everton - W

Villa - L

Brentford - L

Wolves - L

It's indefensible, it really is.

That was 'our' run this season, right there. We've tossed at least 20 points into the bin. I'm absolutely certain we'd be in the 20's had we kept Ralph, still looking over our shoulder for sure, but in and around the Forests etc. Now we're more than a win away from getting off of the bottom. Totally cut adrift.

How can anyone come in and make us worse from a position where we couldn't really be any worse? I'm lost for words as to the job he's 'tried' to do here.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones