Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

Half hour of his press conference in case not previously posted.

A bit of explaining and back tracking on last weekends display, which is of his own making of course, but other than that he handles it fairly well I thought. Doesn't explain the results though of course, which he has to put right.

6 hours ago, Colin Saint said:

It's on the youtube clip I posted above.

6 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Did he actually say that? I've seen that thrown around and I'm assuming it's just a parody of him, he can't have actually said that...could he?

I know it's fashionable to critiscise the bloke for everything, but I don't see anything wrong in his throwaway comment. Had Clough ,Ferguson, or of course 'Arry said it about their early life and women in the area they grew up in it would be lauded as 'good humour'.  There are several things to critiscise his time in charge for without looking to crucify him at every opportunity.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

I know it's fashionable to critiscise the bloke for everything, but I don't see anything wrong in his throwaway comment. Had Clough ,Ferguson, or of course 'Arry said it about their early life and women in the area they grew up in it would be lauded as 'good humour'.  There are several things to critiscise his time in charge for without looking to crucify him at every opportunity.

I thought it was quite funny. He does love to go on about being from a Welsh mining village though, it like how can you tell when someone is from Yorkshire? they’ve already told you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

And if he was winning every week we'd be loving it and praising him for his banter. The press conference had some cringe in it but largely he handled it as well as could be expected. 

• Like 8

Interesting comments from someone quite closely connected to the club… so the reason as to why caleta -car was dropped was due to the fact that he intervened between a bust up between selles and jones last week. This week JWP had a significant disagreement with jones on the training ground… these are rumours but I’ve no reason to doubt where I heard them. If true the training ground must be a lively place to be.  But not sure a manager can stay if true. Perhaps jones comments about doing it his way relate to selles and that fact that SR perhaps are more trusting of selles judgement. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, madge said:

Interesting comments from someone quite closely connected to the club… so the reason as to why caleta -car was dropped was due to the fact that he intervened between a bust up between selles and jones last week. This week JWP had a significant disagreement with jones on the training ground… these are rumours but I’ve no reason to doubt where I heard them. If true the training ground must be a lively place to be.  But not sure a manager can stay if true. Perhaps jones comments about doing it his way relate to selles and that fact that SR perhaps are more trusting of selles judgement. 

So DCC gets dropped because he broke up a fight? Seems a bit odd don’t you think?

I'm not a lover of Nathan Jones, Mostly from what I consider to be poor team selection and formations. Over my lifetime there have always managers that were quick with the repartee, especially the great Bill Shankly. Jones cracked a joke and laughed, so what. I'm a fan of Jethro and Max Boyce and find their Welsh and English jokes funny. The comment from Jones was a throwaway after he'd talked about if he'd not been a professional footballer. It seems to me that he has a target on his back from idiots that should know better.  The way the press are trying to crucify him is disgraceful and typical of football journalism.

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

So DCC gets dropped because he broke up a fight? Seems a bit odd don’t you think?

Yeah it’s bizarre, but I have absolutely no reason to doubt or question what I was told.  Unless jones didn’t want the fight broken up, perhaps dcc became a bit heavy handed.. who knows. 

They're probably pissed at him because he grabbed their handbags and that finished the scuffle. George O'Brien wasn't very big but he poleaxed 6ft Harry Harris against Newport with one of the best uppercuts I've been priviliged to see. Obviously Jones and Telles not in George's class.

• Like 1

Time to can the criticism and Vitriol until the final whistle tomorrow. It's time to support the team and see if we can rescue this clusterfuck of a season. If he picks the underperformers and we lose again then he deserves the reaction he'll get at the final whistle. On the other hand if he picks the new players and the best of the rest in a sensible formationand we get a result, fair play. Cheer them off.

• Like 7

Just now, derry said:

Time to can the criticism and Vitriol until the final whistle tomorrow. It's time to support the team and see if we can rescue this clusterfuck of a season. If he picks the underperformers and we lose again then he deserves the reaction he'll get at the final whistle. On the other hand if he picks the new players and the best of the rest in a sensible formation and we get a result, fair play. Cheer them off.

7 minutes ago, derry said:

Time to can the criticism and Vitriol until the final whistle tomorrow. It's time to support the team and see if we can rescue this clusterfuck of a season. If he picks the underperformers and we lose again then he deserves the reaction he'll get at the final whistle. On the other hand if he picks the new players and the best of the rest in a sensible formationand we get a result, fair play. Cheer them off.

You know moaning on a message board has near to zero affect on the team.

17 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

Another loss and we keep Nathen Jones

Are we hell bent on the Championship ?

No one gains from this ... crazy world ..

16 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Rasmus does....

Perhaps I've missed something but how does he gain if we're relegated ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madge said:

This is pretty much what I was told. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, derry said:

I have to say for once I won't be able to watch or hear any of the game tomorrow as I'll be somewhere over the Indian Ocean and im glad as could do without listening or watching another shit show. All I can hope is by the time I arrive at my destination he's gone.

Bored of him now

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mustang Saint said:

I have to say for once I won't be able to watch or hear any of the game tomorrow as I'll be somewhere over the Indian Ocean and im glad as could do without listening or watching another shit show. All I can hope is by the time I arrive at my destination he's gone.

Bored of him now

I appreciate its a radical suggestion, but you could also hope that we win the game?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Why do you doubt there is? They don’t exactly play like a tight bunch of lads do they 

Thing is I could counter that with why do you believe they have?

One poster doesn’t make it legit.

But after last week and high emotions it wouldn’t be a surprise. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Will be interesting to see what sort of team he puts out tomorrow.

1 hour ago, derry said:

If he picks thesame  underperformers in weird formations as he has consistently done up to now, the game will be up in no time and the vitriol will not be canned until the final whistle. So pick a decent team with the best players available playing in their recognised positions. That is not much to ask is it. And please, can we stop picking the likes of Janny B over the replacements we bought to replace his kind of dross in the first place. When I see the line up every week I just think here we go again. Sick of it

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

This is pretty much what I was told. 

I thought you posted that there was a 20 man brawl on the Sunday after the brentford game.  Did you upgrade that comment to a bust up between NJ and selles and JWP disgreeing with the manager? Must of missed the update.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, madge said:

Yeah it’s bizarre, but I have absolutely no reason to doubt or question what I was told.  Unless jones didn’t want the fight broken up, perhaps dcc became a bit heavy handed.. who knows. 

I can only assume (quite possibly wrongly) that during the intervention DCC sided with RS, hence why Jones put arguably our best centre back in the B team. 

“If” that’s true then it’s a bit pathetic… Also assuming that DCC wasn’t being a plant pot about it  

If it’s also true that Prowsey has had a run in then I genuinely don’t see a way for NJ to stay. 

@Pilchards Any chance you can go back to climbing trees to spy on the training like you did years ago? 🤣

Anyway, here’s to a win tomorrow. 

Edited by Raging Bull
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

If he picks thesame  underperformers in weird formations as he has consistently done up to now, the game will be up in no time and the vitriol will not be canned until the final whistle. So pick a decent team with the best players available playing in their recognised positions. That is not much to ask is it. And please, can we stop picking the likes of Janny B over the replacements we bought to replace his kind of dross in the first place. When I see the line up every week I just think here we go again. Sick of it

Five at the back including Janny B and Lyanco - it's bound to happen.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

I can only assume (quite possibly wrongly) that during the intervention DCC sided with RS, hence why Jones put arguably our best centre back in the B team. 

“If” that’s true then it’s a bit pathetic… Also assuming that DCC wasn’t being a plant pot about it  

If it’s also true that Prowsey has had a run in then I genuinely don’t see a way for NJ to stay. 

@Pilchards Any chance you can go back to climbing trees to spy on the training like you did years ago? 🤣

Anyway, here’s to a win tomorrow. 

Where are these DCC run in rumours coming from? He was in the B team before the supposed scuffle.

Likewise with JWP, I thought he was in support of Jones? 

Bloody gossip, it’s like being back at school. 🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

How must the other defenders feel knowing that Bednarek gets brought back and chosen ahead of them every game?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, derry said:

That's the nub of it - pick the best team in a decent formation (minus the likes of Bednarek, Elyounoussi, Diallo) and he'll get some goodwill.  I don't think the average person cares whether he makes a joke about Welsh girls or life in a mining village.   If he showed a bit of humility/self-deprecation and stopped bigging himself up about Luton days and being the fittest bloke on earth - he'd be able to wear the underdog badge with a bit of authenticity. Do that, and get a result and the thawing process will be underway.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Where are these DCC run in rumours coming from? He was in the B team before the supposed scuffle.

Likewise with JWP, I thought he was in support of Jones? 

Bloody gossip, it’s like being back at school. 🤣

It's a load of bunkum, DCC hadn't trained for a few days for whatever reason and wasn't going to play last weekend, he chose to have a run out with the B team. I think he said it himself if you trawl back through the news stories

• Like 5

My mate was a low level coach at Brighton when Jones was there and WhatsApped me when he was appointed our manager.

Fuck me really 

I remember being in the gym with Nathan at Falmer when he was at BHA

In fairness he was dedicated and working like a lunatic to return from injury and blew his top at Leon Knight and Kazim Richard’s for fucking about

That certainly sounds like the Jones we know and the 'fuck me really' has turned out to be quite telling.

• Haha 1

Jones is giving me the welsh roy keane vibes, does well with an approach in the championship and then try's to apply the aggressive personal and tactical mgmt with international players.

Jones after we win today after going long ball all game and we score after a wolves OG then giving it large to the crowd.

Matt01Ss GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Jones is giving me the welsh roy keane vibes, does well with an approach in the championship and then try's to apply the aggressive personal and tactical mgmt with international players.

Jones after we win today after going long ball all game and we score after a wolves OG then giving it large to the crowd.

Matt01Ss GIF by MOODMAN

Without the fantastic playing career, of course. Jones is a nobody and the players know it. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, austsaint said:

That's the nub of it - pick the best team in a decent formation (minus the likes of Bednarek, Elyounoussi, Diallo) and he'll get some goodwill.  I don't think the average person cares whether he makes a joke about Welsh girls or life in a mining village.   If he showed a bit of humility/self-deprecation and stopped bigging himself up about Luton days and being the fittest bloke on earth - he'd be able to wear the underdog badge with a bit of authenticity. Do that, and get a result and the thawing process will be underway.

This sums it up for me. You can get away with being a bit of a cunt if you get performances and results. 

Sadly for Jones, he’s a massive cunt and the results and performances are dreadful. Hoping today is his last in employment at Saints. 

• Like 3

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones