Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah, go with Selles. Take stock in the close season, should be quite an attractive Championship project for an ambitious manager to get stuck into. No point rushing into a long-term appointment now and getting it wrong.

No problem with Selles, though if Adkins would be willing to come back as caretaker i'd prefer him.

• Sad 1

To attempt to answer my own questions:

Cohen & Sheeahn: would expect them to leave with Jones, but we shall see.

First instance manager: I expect Selles. Hopefully not Allardyce, Pulis or Bruce, though I guess Allardyce could do a job. Not Bruce. Wilder..?

Coaching: Potentially Horseman will help out; I guess one of Cohen and Sheehan might be kept on. Involve Walcott maybe?

Permanent Manager: Selles if he keeps us up; Gallardo would be great but doubt he would come to us. Jaissle could be a good option.

Championship managers: Why would they come to us if they are being successful in the Championship. Otherwise why would we want them?

• Confused 1

Just now, Baird of the land said:

and... Are you under the delusion that we are still staying up this season is likely even after watching us lose at home to 10 men against a relegation rival. We need someone non diivisive to see out the season and regroup in the championhip.

So you want to replace a man who was only appointed because of his reputation in the lower league over the league six years with one club with a man who has failed with various lower league clubs in the last 10 years?

Sorry but I've seen nothing from Adkins to suggest he can get us out of The Championship next season. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

So you want to replace a man who was only appointed because of his reputation in the lower league over the league six years with one club with a man who has failed with various lower league clubs in the last 10 years?

Sorry but I've seen nothing from Adkins to suggest he can get us out of The Championship next season. 

What part of caretaker do you not get.

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

The whole point is for someone for the rest of the season, just to calm it down a bit, then re-group in the close season and appoint someone permanent for the Championship - which I still believe will be seen as an incredibly attractive job for someone.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Was that you with the massive cardboard P45?

Haha no but he wasn't that far in front of me. Semmens stared at me whilst I shouted "they only had 10 fucking men" then looked away whilst I shouted a load of other expletives at him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry_SFC said:

Was thrown out for remonstrating in front of the directors box towards the end of the game. Don't even think Rasmus was there. 

Looks like he's a hipster bell end that thinks he's personally responsible for brentford's rise (reality did very little)... Fitting that he'd be absent whilst Rome burns? One of those cocky fuckers that gets too the top off of other people's hard work until they eventually get found out... Which is happening now, unfortunately for us. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

It's unreal really. The moment he was linked 98% of Saibts fans said "nooooo, it'll be ba disaster" but the trendy boys must had to try and show us how smart they are. 

Nothing felt right about it from the start, getting rid of Ralph needed to be followed by an upgrade and someone who would galvanise the group.

Nathan Jones was never that man. Taking emotion out of it a second, if Jones was appointed as Leeds manager for e.g I'd laugh my head off at what an awful appointment it was. And it was.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Harry_SFC said:

Was thrown out for remonstrating in front of the directors box towards the end of the game. Don't even think Rasmus was there. 

So let me get this straight. The smarmy fraud smugly told us that he sees things behind the scenes about Jones that the rest of us don't, which is why he won't sack him, but he doesn't even go to the bloody match??

Holy shit. 

Ankersen and Jones out!!!

• Like 3

Just now, BotleySaint said:

No other club in the division would go and appoint Luton Towns manager to keep them up. Too many people looking at algorithms and not understanding how football works. 

Exactly, one of the first criteria's you even shortlist should be on coaching qualifications. I don't care if you and your coaching staff have gone 10 games with a terrific xG, but if you don't have coaching badges/qualifications then you don't even get an interview.

That's how it plays out in the real world - you don't get shortlisted if you don't have the qualifications for the role, no matter what you've shown in previous positions. Just a bonkers trying to be clever appointment.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

To attempt to answer my own questions:

Cohen & Sheeahn: would expect them to leave with Jones, but we shall see.

First instance manager: I expect Selles. Hopefully not Allardyce, Pulis or Bruce, though I guess Allardyce could do a job. Not Bruce. Wilder..?

Coaching: Potentially Horseman will help out; I guess one of Cohen and Sheehan might be kept on. Involve Walcott maybe?

Permanent Manager: Selles if he keeps us up; Gallardo would be great but doubt he would come to us. Jaissle could be a good option.

Championship managers: Why would they come to us if they are being successful in the Championship. Otherwise why would we want them?

walcott? bruce? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I told you all so many times that he was a clueless prick that I ended up being a tiresome bore

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Sorry Sidney, we're still awaiting a new consignment of medals. We'll ship them over to you as soon as they arrive. Thanks for your patience. 

muttley-award.gif

• Like 2

What a mess:

1 . Poor keeper;

2. Lack of Cm cover;

3. Failure to buy a striker;

4. Bringing back the CB who wasn’t good enough and then playing him instead of the players bought to replace him. 

5. Appointment of jones that was obviously a mistake;

6. Light show.

Masterclass in how to bring about relegation and the irony is we’ve managed to spend a load of money in the process.

22 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jesus, I would take a shitting dog over this fucking cockwomble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

No problem with Selles, though if Adkins would be willing to come back as caretaker i'd prefer him.

For the love of fucking God can people stop talking about getting Adkins back.

Why should we make him be part of this shitshow and why do we want to make him the guy that relegates us next May?

Why do we want him to be so linked with our failure: a manager who actually delivered success for us. He's the guy that promoted us back in the first place. Let's thank him by making him also the guy with our relegation on his CV as well. Let's make him a bloody football trivia quiz question for the rest of his life.

Unless you actually hate Nigel Adkins why do people want to do that to him?

It's absolutely fucking mental thing to want in my eyes.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 11

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones