Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

2 minutes ago, captainchris said:

Worryingly on this platform anger seems to be disappearing and replaced with total apathy…. 
Perplexed and also numb with the shear amateurism of the whole management structure at the club my attitude is becoming the same as the directors - ambivalent….

Ankerson has rammed the club in reverse and got his foot hard to the floor on the accelerator…..

Not blaming Jones any more, this is wholly (or holy) down to Ankerson…..

I accepted last week that not only would we be relegated but that Nathan fucking Jones would still be here at the end of the season.

Whilst I'd love us to win (or even just show that we MIGHT be capable of doing so), once the inevitable has been accepted the farce can be enjoyed more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'd have him over Jones. 

From what I recall the three names in the frame when we sacked Jones were Marsch, Jones and Steve Cooper so Marsch wouldn't be surprising. 

Whoever takes over is on a hiding to nothing now - I can't see anyone decent and in a job wanting to come here, and I can't see anyone decent and not in a job wanting to come here either.

Marsch wouldn't be a particularly inspiring appointment and I'm sort of getting fed up with teams that have pressing as their hallmark.  I'd quite like a manager who focussed on playing football a bit as well but beggars can't be choosers and all that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkswood said:

Obviously not saying we shouldn't get rid but if Leeds are having trouble appointing someone who on earth would come to us ?

Different issues. He needs to go and we then need a new guy. Any suggestion that we keep him until we have a ready to go upgrade isn't sensible imo. I genuinely cannot see how Horseman, as a caretaker, could do any worse than we're doing now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, revolution saint said:

From what I recall the three names in the frame when we sacked Jones were Marsch, Jones and Steve Cooper so Marsch wouldn't be surprising. 

Whoever takes over is on a hiding to nothing now - I can't see anyone decent and in a job wanting to come here, and I can't see anyone decent and not in a job wanting to come here either.

Marsch wouldn't be a particularly inspiring appointment and I'm sort of getting fed up with teams that have pressing as their hallmark.  I'd quite like a manager who focussed on playing football a bit as well but beggars can't be choosers and all that. 

'In the frame' by the papers maybe but Rasmus only had eyes for Jones.

8 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I accepted last week that not only would we be relegated but that Nathan fucking Jones would still be here at the end of the season.

Whilst I'd love us to win (or even just show that we MIGHT be capable of doing so), once the inevitable has been accepted the farce can be enjoyed more.

“I feel so much better now that I’ve given up all hope.

• Sad 1

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

Jones is stuck on Anger, always will be.

Sorry, not 'anger', 'pashun and aggressiveness and front footed'.

That's his brand if football mate. He as a person present as frustrated (anger), in denial, he seems flat in mood, and there's bargaining every time he speaks ie pushing his own story & narrative etc. The bloke needs out for his sake as much as the clubs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, egg said:

Ditto...but Ankersen is at denial, and Jones seems to be fluctuating between everything bar acceptance. 

I read this stages business has been pretty much disproved as a linear process or something. More that the stages can overlap. I’ve got all of them at the same time. Jones and Ankersen are and will analyse be in ‘twat’ stage

5 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

“I feel so much better now that I’ve given up all hope.

I've written off the season. We're down under this idiot. I didn't watch or listen yesterday for the first time in god knows how long. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hawkswood said:

Obviously not saying we shouldn't get rid but if Leeds are having trouble appointing someone who on earth would come to us ?

What I think could/ should happen is a short term appointment, either an old war dog ( Woy, Sam or the like) or someone who wants a short term challenge whilst waiting for a better opportunity, ie Poch. 

6 minutes ago, egg said:

I've written off the season. We're down under this idiot. I didn't watch or listen yesterday for the first time in god knows how long. 

Yeah, i tried not to. Got to 20 mins and put it on.

Wont be doing it again for a while.

Decided will be getting a season ticket next season with the boys though. Pretty excited.

20 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

What I think could/ should happen is a short term appointment, either an old war dog ( Woy, Sam or the like) or someone who wants a short term challenge whilst waiting for a better opportunity, ie Poch. 

There is no reason why a really good manager would take this as a short term assignment. All we would get are the ones desperate for any kind of PL job, Allardyce etc.

If we go short term it will surely be Selles (despite having been part of the problem) or one of the usual crowd described above. 

If we go longer term then whoever it is will be hired with a view to getting us back up. The issue with this is any goodwill could be eroded by results between now and the end of the season.

Someone like Gerrard would certainly give the players a lift as for many of them he would be an icon - maybe he would also be interested in a season in the Championship, so whilst some would turn their noses up he could be an overall sensible option as a bridge of both scenarios. Would also be a draw for players.

Edited by Dusic

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

How is Jesse Marsch, the guy who just got sacked for being incompetent at Leeds second favourite at 8-1(with bookies) currently?

It is Rasmus's philosophy. Bring in those that have failed elsewhere because Rasmus has seen some fabled excellence in them that no one else could see realised.

Did it with Bednarek (failed with us and with Villa - let's bring him back) and Jones (failed with Stoke, let's bring him in).

11 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Over inflated ego, thinks he’s better than he is, that he’s some kind of power house in English football. Him and the skates are made for each other.

They’d fucking love it though, the manager that got the scummers relegated. He’d probably enjoy a way to get back at us too.

Useless little welsh prick

I know several people who went to the Plymouth Vs Skates game yesterday. Apparently their fans spent most of the game singing about our imminent relegation despite the fact we'll STILL be in a higher league than them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I know several people who went to the Plymouth Vs Skates game yesterday. Apparently their fans spent most of the game singing about our imminent relegation despite the fact we'll STILL be in a higher league than them.

I also know a family who went and the above is just not true and they were sat in the Barn Park end, which is next to the away fans (according to them when asked). Spent most of the game signing (non stop apparently) duh duh, duh duh, portsmouth. with almost nothing about Saints - apart from a few boos for Nicky Banger speaking at HT

With the bell going for 90 mins though

They also said it was a cracking match, and Plymouth have a brilliant squad, play excellent football and will do very well to NOT go up this season.  Their manager is one to watch

Edited by AlexLaw76

2 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Talksport have been Tweeting that he’s been gone for ages, not just this week.

Never known an account to repeat themselves over so much that they hope one day they can be right.

I guess they’ll have to go back and delete the previous tweets saying he’s been sacked. 🤣

Secret agent twitter account is sayi g he's being sacked today after saying the exact same thing last week. Reality is they don't know. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

Shocked to hear Shearer is coming out with cliche nonsense that he has absolutely no evidence, knowledge or basis to back up. Not sure how in way what so ever a stat can represent how someone feels. 

Actually am shocked to hear anyone finds it interesting. 

I'll take the view of the (statistically) greatest goal scorer of the Premier League over yours if thats ok 

• Like 1

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2023-02-12/southampton-football-club-nathan-jones-part-company-statement

Southampton Football Club can confirm it has parted company with Men’s First Team Manager Nathan Jones.

First Team Coaches Chris Cohen and Alan Sheehan have also left the club.

First Team Lead Coach Rubén Sellés will take charge of training and prepare the team ahead of next weekend’s game against Chelsea.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones