Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

Personally I will miss the days of the forum experts telling me that Sports Republic know what they are doing, that Jones will definitely be in charge next season if we get relegated because they're thinking long term and anyway Jones won't get sacked because the club are seeing the bigger picture.

Everything that has happened was utterly predictable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Chelsea away atmosphere will be good. Sulemana hat trick incoming

I'm not so sure myself, another dismal defeat and the fans will find someone else to direct their frustration at 

Who is going to want to walk into this though? Pretty much guaranteeing a relegation on the CV. It's going to be Selles until the end of the season. Like Burnley last season. I think we'll get someone ready for the summer to do full pre season etc. I think the reality is the board have accepted our fate and they're working to that schedule. NJ was a clusterfuck of an appointment that everyone and their dog could see and it's most certainly cost a place in the PL. Not suggesting that another manager comes in and works wonders but I do think Mr Bean would get a better tune out this squad. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Right, basics.

On paper this is a very good squad, and a good manager WILL get us out of this, these players have proved on occasions that they can do it.

SR can and should learn from this.

You try and go cheap in the Premier League it’ll only cost you more.

They now need to pay out to make it right.

It is a good squad but I disagree with you Farenam over this season. If we’d have got the decision right pre World Cup we’d have been okay. What do you think he’s cost us…….. £5M a point? Staggering incompetence. For me the new management should come in for next season so they don’t also suffer a car crash, this one is done.of course I hope I’m wholly wrong and I’m made to eat my words!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Personally I will miss the days of the forum experts telling me that Sports Republic know what they are doing, that Jones will definitely be in charge next season if we get relegated because they're thinking long term and anyway Jones won't get sacked because the club are seeing the bigger picture.

Everything that has happened was utterly predictable.

It was apart from the fact that they did the whole forum last week and hadn't sacked him. 

One things for sure it anyone did keep us up it would be the greatest of great escapes eclipsing our last great escape by some way! Cant see it but till it's mathematically impossible we keep the faith 

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 3

They let him stay just long enough to assure we're as good as relegated. No point getting a firefighter manager now, we should be taking our time on this one.

I'd be in favour of seeing our next permanent manager taking charge from June. It would feel more like a clean slate rather than having the manager we got relegated with. As we know, these days, a managers early impression sets the tone for the rest of their tenure and we know this team lacks the quality and experience to perform at this level.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 3

Good news that I’m sure we were all hoping to read this morning. Unlike with Ralph and knowing his time was finally up and rightly so. This last 3 months has just been a joke from the start and should never have happened. Will Rasmus learn from this huge failure or we he end up having to go too?

Just now, Disco Stu said:

They let him stay just long enough to assure we're as good as relegated. No point getting a firefighter manager now, we should be taking our time on this one. I'd be in favour of seeing our next permanent manager taking charge from June. It would feel more like a clean slate rather than having a manager with relegation on their CV.

I disagree, whilst premier league survival is still possible we should do everything to achieve it.

• Like 7

I think we need a touch of realism here………..Poch, Pep, Klopp etc etc ain’t coming here!! Ralph until end of the season and then re-set? In unlikely event that he keeps us up…………then maybe there’s a question to be asked? I only say him as he knows the players etc and right now time is short and games are running out

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The squad is good enough to stay up.

It just needs a high calibre of manager to see that Lyanco and Bednarek should be nowhere near the first team, alongside AMN, and dare I say it Aribo too.

Back to basics, and with the right money any manager would take this job for three months for a payday. Money talks.

All eyes are on SR and specifically Rasmus Ankersen now - he needs to get this right.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Yep. Will be a hipster special. Who is the youth team coach at besiktas? 

I'm not sure what you mean by this. An old fashioned, chest thumping, shouty Welshman playing hopeless long ball is about as un-hipster as I can think of. The only thing I can really describe as 'hipster' in our recent history would be the SCW/Clifford experiment under Lowe.

• Like 2

I know people say (probably correctly) the fans should not be let anywhere near the decision making process at a club but this is one occasion where the fan base, almost to a man and women, saw the writing on the wall a long time before the Board. In fact some from Day One knew the appointment to be reckless and stupid. Sports Republic have let the fans of this football club down, big time, and need to cut out the arrogance and smugness that makes them think they always know best. They - and they alone - should shoulder the total responsibility of relegation as it is or very much on their watch.

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Saint Shady said:

Good news that I’m sure we were all hoping to read this morning. Unlike with Ralph and knowing his time was finally up and rightly so. This last 3 months has just been a joke from the start and should never have happened. Will Rasmus learn from this huge failure or we he end up having to go too?

I think he should be leaving the club to personally, not for making the mistake but for pursuing it for so long and refusing any accountability! And only getting rid when it's far too late to have any real survival chance 

• Like 3

Excellent news, 

Lessons must be learned young Rasmus and Sports Republic what's the point in heavily investing in ghe squad if you skimp on the managerial appointment.

Put some money on the table and get somebody in who can actually setup a team and actually has a style of play.....

No pressure lads 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toussaint said:

I disagree, whilst premier league survival is still possible we should do everything to achieve it.

I sort of agree although I think it's too late we might as well try. But what we don't want to do is appoint someone to fight the fire then keep them on past the summer like we did with Hughes. 

Trying to get this team to suddenly play brilliantly and win games is probably beyond the realms of most mortals though. The rot has long since set in.

Good riddance to Jones. Wrong choice from the start (which is partly down to the board not him) but he was way out of his depth. I just feel sad that we could have achieved so much more in these three months... but hey ho we march on.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones