Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread

coalman

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

No he isn't. He was our best player against Newcastle and average last week (compared to most other players' below average performances). The hate towards him is because he's a Jones signing who'd played with him previously. For the money we paid for him, ff we'd signed him from some midtable Spanish club and his name was Jhamez Breehino, he'd be seen as an "alright" signing.

No he wasn’t he was horrendous against Newcastle, what game were you watching? Never seen a player so out of his depth in that first half against Newcastle, what a ridiculous comment to say he was our best player. 

• Like 1

Stepping back and trying to look at it objectively, but can see why anyone would put AMN or Janny in at all. It's ludicrous.

Rarebit's wife: that shed you've been building is going to fall down.

Rarebit: nonsense I built an incredible shed at our old place in Luton, best shed in Europe!

And besides I used the best tools for the job.

*flashback memory*

Rarebut walks past a cordless drill and nail gun. Grabs a butter knife and milk bottle. 

Yeah, built a great shed...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, derry said:

Could be a 4-2-3-1 with Lavia and AMN in front of back four. 

Won't let me upload a decent image but flashscores has 4231, with Lavia and Alcarez as the 2, AMN on the right of the 3. Hoping that's an error and AMN and Alcarez are swapped around at least. 

4 minutes ago, saintjimbo83 said:

No he wasn’t he was horrendous against Newcastle, what game were you watching? Never seen a player so out of his depth in that first half against Newcastle, what a ridiculous comment to say he was our best player. 

Well who was then?? He was fine in the second half and average  in the first half. Nobody else was even close to being "fine".

Then again we had Cedric at RB for several years so maybe my standards are just shot to pieces.

DCC was signed as an upgrade and to replace fucking 'Janny B'. Now he can't even make the bench and Bednarek is a weekly starter.

Meanwhile our new signing who played in a WC semi final less than two months ago is kept out of the squad by Theo bloody Walcott.

I really wanted to give Jones a chance but he's actually making me feel sick.

• Like 2

DCC was signed as an upgrade and to replace fucking 'Janny B'. Now he can't even make the bench and Bednarek is a weekly starter.

Meanwhile our new signing who played in a WC semi final less than two months ago is kept out of the squad by Theo bloody Walcott.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Exhibit A.

Open and shut case. Why SR have put up with this is mind-boggling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trousers said:

So, what happened to the new Jonesball philosophy of playing those not involved in the first team squad in the previous day's B-Team game...? It's almost as if he's making stuff up as he goes along...

If they played for the B team they might have won their game. This would make Jones look bad when first team lose while he plays -3 drag factor Bednarek

1 minute ago, Ken Tone said:

Just had stewards on the gate trying to stop me bringing in a flask of coffee. I've been bringing a flask to the Dell and St Mary's for c30 years with no problem. The club really tries to piss fans off doesn't it?! 

Jones probably made the coffee at the stadium. Probably 10 year old decaf Maxwell House that nobody wanted. 

• Confused 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic