Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread

coalman

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Happy Victory Day everyone!

🤩🤩👍👍🥳🥳🥂🎉😍😍

Bless you CB! Everything has been building up to this, this is the turning point on the fork in the crossroads! Jonesball lives! 🍾🍾🏆🏆🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, manji said:

Fitzhugh doesn’t like all this hipster football he hankers for the days when we were in the lower divisions so he can be Official Club Historian. 

I noticed on his Twitter description he is “ club historian “ 😂

Er that’s because I still am the club historian Manji. But when did you ever get anything right? Ha ha. I’ll leave a little picture for you

6D166729-1AE7-4011-8446-325E65177CF7.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Extra police called in from Fareham for today.

What, like 5 officers? Fareham doesn't exactly have loads of people on shift at any one time.

If there was some late intelligence on potential public disorder they'd add another PSU with trained officers and offer anything else out as overtime by email/text.

At least that's what they did when I worked there.

• Haha 2

Right guys, good morning! 
We’re doing it Nathan’s Way today! I’ll have no excuses anymore.

I don’t know about you but I can’t wait to see us line up 5-3-2 at home, as we have done most of the time he’s been here.

I can’t wait to see our starting team be:

Bazunu;
Bree, Lyanco, Bednarek, Salisu, KWP
JWP, Diallo, Elyounoussi
Adams, Armstrong

I just can’t wait. 😁

But like Nathan Jones said, he’s doing it his way now. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Haha 1

love saints hate jones but,

As said a few days ago despite usually respecting free speech, please try to keep any anti jones chants away during the 90 mins if we are still in the game and keep it for FT. the team needs your support. saints chants only let’s make it a tough atmosphere for wolves don’t gift them a win from first minute. 

Edited by SotonianWill
  • Like 7

Chris Sutton really doesn't like Jones does he? His normally very tame prediction column on BBC is just a big rant about Jones:

Southampton v Wolves

It appears that the majority of Southampton fans don't want Nathan Jones as the club's manager, which never bodes well.

To be honest, I thought that after some of the things Jones said after last weekend's humiliating defeat by Brentford he would be gone by the end of this week.

I am not dismissing his ability as a coach, and I also think he took on a really difficult job when he arrived at Saints at the end of last year, but some of the stuff he came out in that interview was just remarkable. I don't think I've ever heard anything like it from a Premier League manager before.

If Southampton lose this game too, St Mary's will be a powder keg and I still think it is just a matter of time before he goes.

Have they improved under Jones? No. Has he upset a lot of the fanbase? I think he has.

Southampton have got the worst home record in the Premier League this season, after taking six points out of a possible 30 so far.

So, Jones desperately needs a result and a performance to turn things around and maybe he will get it, the same way he got one against Manchester City in the Carabao Cup last month.

I don't see it though. Wolves have got much better under Julen Lopetegui and we saw with their win over Liverpool last week that they are playing with confidence.

If they go in front, the atmosphere could turn toxic.

Sutton's prediction: 0-1

Oli's prediction: I've got to throw a draw in somewhere, and this is going to be a horrible game. 0-0

5 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I don’t know about you but I can’t wait to see us line up 5-3-2 at home, as we have done most of the time he’s been here.

Bazunu;
JWP, Diallo, Elyounoussi
Adams, Armstrong

I just can’t wait. 😁

i’m willing to see what he means by ‘my way’. someone needs to edit all the goals weve conceded with that as background music. 

I bet it will be an absolute hoof fest today. if it works fair play to him (?) he’s still a twat but maybe his football could get us 17th but if it resembles the forest game then my god he must go straight away for his back, sack and crack.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

i’m willing to see what he means by ‘my way’. someone needs to edit all the goals weve conceded with that as background music. 

I bet it will be an absolute hoof fest today. if it works fair play to him (?) he’s still a twat but maybe his football could get us 17th but if it resembles the forest game then my god he must go straight away for his back, sack and crack.

This entirely.

That interview last week he just exploded, he bought himself time by throwing people under the bus; but I bet there are no illusions that he is on borrowed time now.
His presser two days ago was a lot calmer and more tame, but with just as many pointless ramblings.

I think SR were very taken aback at the forum on Tuesday and you could tell Rasmus was very defensive, and when pressed further there was an element of “We’ll change if we have to”.

51 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Bazunu;
JWP, Diallo, Elyounoussi
Adams, Armstrong

I just can’t wait. 😁

You really are a bit of a twat. Why dont you give it a rest and focus on the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

when was the last time we had a last minute winner as well?

Right, what happens is.............we're 0-3 down at 45mins, Jones is sacked at halftime. Appeal goes out over PA for anyone in the crowd with experience of managing a Tyro League team (is that still a thing?), up steps one of SaintsWeb's finest, SFC gloriously slot home a winning forth deep into stoppage time. Could happen, couldn't it.....?

5 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Right, what happens is.............we're 0-3 down at 45mins, Jones is sacked at halftime. Appeal goes out over PA for anyone in the crowd with experience of managing a Tyro League team (is that still a thing?), up steps one of SaintsWeb's finest, SFC gloriously slot home a winning forth deep into stoppage time. Could happen, couldn't it.....?

jo tessem inherites the team at half time and shows the team videos of that tranmere game 20 odd years ago to entice the players to get us the win

7 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Paul Doswell steps over the perimeter fence and into the Dressing Room and gives them the full Mike Bassett.

Southampton go on to lose the match six nil.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, alehouseboys said:

I'm just watching Saturday Morning Kitchen and the chef on there this morning is named Nathan Outlaw. Hmmmm.

If our Nathan stands and delivers for the rest of the season then maybe we'll get to like him...

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 2

Such an odd feeling today - I mean, of course I want us to win and of course I want us to stay up. It’s just that I know we probably won’t do either, and Jones’ sacking would be a silver lining on an otherwise huge dark cloud.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Such an odd feeling today - I mean, of course I want us to win and of course I want us to stay up. It’s just that I know we probably won’t do either, and Jones’ sacking would be a silver lining on an otherwise huge dark cloud.

I honestly don't think we'll sack him even if we lose. The board will have taken note of Leeds and their difficulty to get their managerial targets. He's here to the end of the season come what may.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

I honestly don't think we'll sack him even if we lose. The board will have taken note of Leeds and their difficulty to get their managerial targets. He's here to the end of the season come what may.

Ah but we'll think outside the box, sod those experienced names - we've got Rob Edwards lined up, look at the job he's done at Luton.

That's as much logic as they put into Jones tbf.

Edited by S-Clarke

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

What, like 5 officers? Fareham doesn't exactly have loads of people on shift at any one time.

If there was some late intelligence on potential public disorder they'd add another PSU with trained officers and offer anything else out as overtime by email/text.

At least that's what they did when I worked there.

I'd say it sounds a bit excessive but some of the deranged posts on here expressing hatred towards one bloke they are probably are on alert 

It's as likely as NJ getting a win or NJ getting through a presser without making an outrageous claim about being brilliant.

I'm just watching Saturday Morning Kitchen and the chef on there this morning is named Nathan Outlaw. Hmmmm.

1 hour ago, trousers said:

If our Nathan stands and delivers for the rest of the season then maybe we'll get to like him...

Not one chuckle? What's wrong with you people? That's comic genius right there.

• Haha 1

Just been listening to Talksport.....Sam Matterface, who I believe is a Pompey fan reckons the fans have treated Jones unfairly. Has he watched us recently? I wouldn't say it's unfair. And then Dean Ashton says that Jones can't do alot with what he's inherited. Yet, 10 mins before that they were all taking the piss out of Jones's stats comments. I'm sure Talksport gets worse 😅

• Like 1

Bazunu 

Lyanco Jannie B. Salisu 

bree.                              Perraud

Lavia/.   Diallo 

Jwp 

Paul.   Sula

thats my guess how we line up this week.. sula playing off Paul could actually work quite well

This is what i want and I will personally not take the piss out of Jones if he plays it and we lose.

Bazunu 

ABK    DCC      Salisu 

KWP                             Perraud

Lavia 

Jwp            Alcazar

Sula

Siege Tower

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic