Chelsea 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

Midfield_General

17 minutes ago, West end Saints said:

Huge over reaction without much though on this thread. 

1) Salisu injured, clearly DCC not being considered so CB not my choice but understandable. 

2) midfield (with 2 young players) totally lost their shape and threw the game last week. I like to watch Alcarez but can see the need to balance youth with experience (which was what most on here said we needed!) 

3) Moi is hugely under rated, his decision making, moving ball when under pressure better than most we have available. If we are going 433, as many here wanted, who else could play along side JWP and Lavia? Can see the sense in him. 

4) Stu is good, but I don't rate him in a midfield 4, or whatever the most defensive line of midfield is, as number 10, or one of attacking 3 is decent choice. 

5) AMN, must be KWP isn't 100% so one of AMN or Bree, he's gone for experience, again shouldn't be surprise as in press conference Selles said we needed more experience and that was clear from Wolves. 

Not an easy fan pleasing team that many of us (including me) would have gone for, but 100% consistent with press conference and nothing ridiculously wrong with it

Can’t say I’ve ever seen a post I disagree with more than this one..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Good or flappy?

Depends who makes it.

If Forster had made it, it would have been the greatest save since Banks Vs Pelle.

Had McCarthy made it, he'd have been jumped on for not palming it 90 yards down the pitch into the other goal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, West end Saints said:

Huge over reaction without much though on this thread. 

1) Salisu injured, clearly DCC not being considered so CB not my choice but understandable. 

2) midfield (with 2 young players) totally lost their shape and threw the game last week. I like to watch Alcarez but can see the need to balance youth with experience (which was what most on here said we needed!) 

3) Moi is hugely under rated, his decision making, moving ball when under pressure better than most we have available. If we are going 433, as many here wanted, who else could play along side JWP and Lavia? Can see the sense in him. 

4) Stu is good, but I don't rate him in a midfield 4, or whatever the most defensive line of midfield is, as number 10, or one of attacking 3 is decent choice. 

5) AMN, must be KWP isn't 100% so one of AMN or Bree, he's gone for experience, again shouldn't be surprise as in press conference Selles said we needed more experience and that was clear from Wolves. 

Not an easy fan pleasing team that many of us (including me) would have gone for, but 100% consistent with press conference and nothing ridiculously wrong with it

Your sense and wisdom will be lost on many mate. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Chelsea vs Saints - Match Thread

This ref is dodgy. Blowing up for any little thing for Chelsea. 

We're playing really well, great possession football that even against ten men last week we couldn't manage. 

Chelsea will score against the run of play in a bit because that's our season unfortunately. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Chelsea 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic