Chelsea 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

Midfield_General

Bit underwhelmed by that team but if we liked the cut of Selles Jib, can hardly complain now.

No issues with Mo, he always put in a shift. Assume KWP is carrying an injury. Bendarek is surprising, that is an error imo. He'll be blamed whatever happens. The less said about AMN the better.

What is it with our managers and team selections.

Looks like a 433 to me. To be fair to Selles, if that's the shape, it's not far from the best he could if KWP isn't quite ready for 90 mins and Salisu is injured - although the DCC situation is a mystery. I'd have wanted Alcaraz in for Ely though. 

5 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Ok bednerak only plays because Salisu got injured and he's better than lyanco.

Also fair play Selles has gone full slick for today's game, could be his only EPL game so might as well look good.

https://wqww.instagram.com/reel/Cozku75jpsI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Ruben's treating this as a job interview. He really wants it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ken Tone said:

Orsic didn't look much when he played but  Edozie not on the bench seems odd. 

Caletta-Carr      God knows what's going on!

I'm not fussed about Edozie tbh. If he was 25+ we'd be saying he's bang average. He gets cut too much slack cos he's a kid imo. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jack said:

Fuck me, another game lost before a ball is kicked. 

Bed wetting etc I know, but Moi, Bednarek and AMN should be nowhere near a prem starting XI

I think most of us were expecting a reset and some fresh ideas. This looks like a side Nathan Jones would have picked.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, egg said:

Looks like a 433 to me. To be fair to Selles, if that's the shape, it's not far from the best he could if KWP isn't quite ready for 90 mins and Salisu is injured - although the DCC situation is a mystery. I'd have wanted Alcaraz in for Ely though. 

DCC in for Bednarek, Alcaraz in for Elyounoussi or Armstrong, Edozie and Orsic not even in the squad, BAZUNU STILL IN F*CKING GOAL. 

Will we make to half time before someone starts a Selles out thread 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though disappointed with bednerak but if the only ready/fit option is lyanco then I can understand.

Alvarez not playing is annoying, not sure Moi or Stuart have done but I'm guessing the system we want to play and concentration is more important than players individual talent.

Come on saints no fucking about now, let's go for the most improved award this season and deliver a 2-0 win.

Just now, Saint_clark said:

DCC in for Bednarek, Alcaraz in for Elyounoussi or Armstrong, Edozie and Orsic not even in the squad, BAZUNU STILL IN F*CKING GOAL. 

DCC isn't fancied for some reason... something not right there. Assuming he's out of the picture, with an injured Salisu, I'd take Bednarek over Lyanco all day long. Armstrong will play in a front 3 imo so not a role for Alcaraz. I'd have Alcaraz over Ely though. Edozie is massively overrated and won't be missed - if he's been dropped, it's long overdue. Orsic, if it's a front 3, has no place. Willy ahead of Bazunu, yep.

Its like every time we think we have an opportunity to start a new the club come along with a sledge hammer to smack us round the face/put us in our place and then smack us from behind with a wreaking ball. I really just think i've had enough of supporting this club after the last 5 years. You truly couldn't make it up!

11 minutes ago, saintant said:

I think anyone who has watched us play would be well aware that Benarek, Maitland-Niles and Moi are not the answers unless the question is, 'who shouldn't start against Chelsea?'

As I stated, I agree - they would not be anywhere near my team. But….Let’s just see what happens. If it goes to shit then he’ll get pelters for selecting those players. If it works, then fair play. But there’s nothing to be gained by judging it before the game’s played. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, egg said:

DCC isn't fancied for some reason... something not right there. Assuming he's out of the picture, with an injured Salisu, I'd take Bednarek over Lyanco all day long. Armstrong will play in a front 3 imo so not a role for Alcaraz. I'd have Alcaraz over Ely though. Edozie is massively overrated and won't be missed - if he's been dropped, it's long overdue. Orsic, if it's a front 3, has no place. Willy ahead of Bazunu, yep.

I'm guessing maybe the DCC bust up was much worse than we thought and Orsic is backing his fellow countryman.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, woodsaint1 said:

Hes not 25+ though is he. Offers alot more than Moi

You miss the point. He gets cut slack as he's a kid, but that doesn't make him good enough. If giving away possession, never getting his head up, never spotting the runner, rarely understanding what's going on around him, etc, is offering a lot more, then yep, Edozie offers more. Personally I think he's miles away from PL ready. 

Just now, InvictaSaint said:

As I stated, I agree - they would not be anywhere near my team. But….Let’s just see what happens. If it goes to shit then he’ll get pelters for selecting those players. If it works, then fair play. But there’s nothing to be gained by judging it before the game’s played. 

Commonsense isn't all that common on here 👌

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

I'm guessing maybe the DCC bust up was much worse than we thought and Orsic is backing his fellow countryman.

Time for someone to ask the question then, isn't it. And if they try to fob us off, remind them that people aren't idiots. If it's a disciplinary issue then just say that and move on.

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

Can't see it being five at he back. Who is going to play right wing back of that's the case?  

I fear for us. 

It'll be a 4. Either 433 or 4231 imo. My money's 433, Lavia deep, Ely and JWP either side. 

5 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Bednarek, AMN and Elyfuckinnoosie.  

Fuckin ridiculous 

I give up and await the championship 

Is Selles as stupidly blind as the Welsh twat?

This is the 3rd manager in a row who has determined that Moi should be in the 1st 11……..🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HKsaint said:

Alcaraz scored last time and is now rewarded with bench-sitting. Great!

We don't like goal scorers at our club. It's a red line we will not cross. Like Perraud scoring a brace and getting dropped. Same for Djenepo when he scored. How else do you think Moi stays in the side? Say no to goalscorers. 

Edited by sydney_saint
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Chelsea 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic