Home Form

JRM

Was discussing this at the weekend with a couple of fellow Saints season ticket holders, is it any wonder the atmosphere at St Mary's is so flat when our home results in last 12 months are as bad as this, got to be the worst home record in the entire football league 

10 March - Newcastle lost 1-2 

13 March - Watford lost 1-2 

09 April - Chelsea lost 0-6

16 April - Arsenal - WON 1-0 

30 April - Palace lost 1-2 

17 May - Liverpool lost 1-2 

13 Aug - Leeds draw 2-2 

27 Aug - Man Utd lost 0-1 

31 Aug - Chelsea WON 2-1 

01 Oct - Everton lost 1-2 

16 Oct - West Ham draw 1-1 

23 Oct - Arsenal draw 1-1 

06 Nov - Newcastle lost 1-4 

26 Dec - Brighton lost 1-3 

04 Jan - Nottm Forest lost 0-1 

21 Jan - Villa lost 0-1 

11 Feb - Wolves lost 1-2 

04 March - Leicester ????

• Haha 4
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, JRM said:

Was discussing this at the weekend with a couple of fellow Saints season ticket holders, is it any wonder the atmosphere at St Mary's is so flat when our home results in last 12 months are as bad as this, got to be the worst home record in the entire football league 

10 March - Newcastle lost 1-2 

13 March - Watford lost 1-2 

09 April - Chelsea lost 0-6

16 April - Arsenal - WON 1-0 

30 April - Palace lost 1-2 

17 May - Liverpool lost 1-2 

13 Aug - Leeds draw 2-2 

27 Aug - Man Utd lost 0-1 

31 Aug - Chelsea WON 2-1 

01 Oct - Everton lost 1-2 

16 Oct - West Ham draw 1-1 

23 Oct - Arsenal draw 1-1 

06 Nov - Newcastle lost 1-4 

26 Dec - Brighton lost 1-3 

04 Jan - Nottm Forest lost 0-1 

21 Jan - Villa lost 0-1 

11 Feb - Wolves lost 1-2 

04 March - Leicester ????

That's a horrendous list!

• Like 4

Following the pathetic display at home to Wolves, I got to thinking exactly how bad we are at home.

Since Claude Puel took over in 2016, we have won just 31 home Premier League games. With 10 of these happening with no fans in attendance, I agree that fans are unlikely to feel confident we can win enough between now and the end of the season to avoid relegation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Depressed of Shirley said:

Following the pathetic display at home to Wolves, I got to thinking exactly how bad we are at home.

Since Claude Puel took over in 2016, we have won just 31 home Premier League games. With 10 of these happening with no fans in attendance, I agree that fans are unlikely to feel confident we can win enough between now and the end of the season to avoid relegation.

This confirms the decline has been happening for some time, it’s not just a recent thing. That’s dreadful home form. And as for the last calendar year, absolutely appalling. And people still think those in charge of the club are good enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Depressed of Shirley said:

FFS, there’s some damning statistics on this thread - 30 home PL wins in something like 7 years…and a third of those behind closed doors 🥴

FFS indeed

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Season ticket has been a complete waste of money this year.  Don’t actually enjoy it.

This was how the conversation began..... no one seems to enjoy going and you can see why from the results/ lack of goals .

I actually enjoy going to the pub before and after. It's the football that gets in the way of having a good time. 

I know a few season ticket holders who are going to tell their Mrs that they have got season tickets, but instead put the money into a pot for a decent summer holiday next year with their mates. They then still have an excuse to go to the pub every other week, and don't need to have the disappointment of going to the football 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I still enjoy the day/build-up to kick-off too much to consider getting rid of my ST, as it's the only time I see the particular group of people I go with. 

I missed Chelsea at home this season, so I'm now approaching 11 months without seeing us win a league game. My expectations are unquestionably far lower now though, so I don't think how drab we are has the same impact it has previously on me. Whilst I don't think everything is as done and dusted as most, my main hope for this season is now a Wembley day out via the FA Cup semis.

Edited by Saint Matty 76

I wonder if anyone has statistics relating to how many opponents goals have been scored at the Northam end?

My abiding memory recently is leaving the ground with visiting supporters in raptures after a lateish goal in front of their massed ranks.

I know there has been regular debate about the location of our vocal supporters but I do think the Chapel end is the best option but do appreciate this will require some supporters to move seats.

• Like 1

Semmens and co don’t know they’re born. Any other club would have protests every home game they get a bit of moaning on social media 

imagine if the Liverpool or Newcastle owners blamed the fans for the crap form and told them they should be grateful 

• Like 4

The Directors should be made to read this thread as well as the longer-serving players and hang their heads in shame. To think Steele and that lump from Millwall have been pushing our fans out of block 1 in that context whilst cosying up to visiting fans is disgusting. They should be thanking every single fan personally who has paid to watch the half-hearted garbage this season. Then there’s the padded seats debacle in Kingsland Centre, ticket gate shambles v Man Utd. Not to mention regular violent encounters from away fans in home areas the club turns a blind eye to so it’s not even safe for a family. Just seen Turkish’s post above and forgot about August’s disgraceful fans forum where Semmens blamed the fans. 

W2 D3 L12 last 12 months nearly and only 30 home wins since 2017. Club has totally given up.

That pathetic list of shame also highlights that Ralph was never turning it around as well as the nonsense that’s followed since.

With the attitude towards Saints fans as it is, and the league 2 playing standards with parks work ethic, I think Dragan is in for a horrible shock with attendances next season. We averaged 23k last time, but can see it being nearer 18k right down on the very base of our support with people who would only watch Saints on a Saturday. Not at Lowe boycott 2008/9 14k zealots straight away but it’s coming unless Dragan really shakes the pack and injects the boardroom with football knowledge/industry substance and ejects Semmens and the marketing lot. Love to see Ankerson go too but I don’t think he will.

Edited by saint1977
Forgot fans forum
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

The Directors should be made to read this thread as well as the longer-serving players and hang their heads in shame. To think Steele and that lump from Millwall have been pushing our fans out of block 1 in that context whilst cosying up to visiting fans is disgusting. They should be thanking every single fan personally who has paid to watch the half-hearted garbage this season. Then there’s the padded seats debacle in Kingsland Centre, ticket gate shambles v Man Utd. Not to mention regular violent encounters from away fans in home areas the club turns a blind eye to so it’s not even safe for a family.

W2 D3 L12 last 12 months nearly and only 30 home wins since 2017. Club has totally given up.

That pathetic list of shame also highlights that Ralph was never turning it around as well as the nonsense that’s followed since.

With the attitude towards Saints fans as it is, and the league 2 playing standards with parks work ethic, I think Dragan is in for a horrible shock with attendances next season. We averaged 23k last time, but can see it being nearer 18k right down on the very base of our support with people who would only watch Saints on a Saturday. Not at Lowe boycott 2008/9 14k zealots straight away but it’s coming unless Dragan really shakes the pack and injects the boardroom with football knowledge/industry substance and ejects Semmens and the marketing lot. Love to see Ankerson go too but I don’t think he will.

The club have treated the traditional Saints fan with distain for years. A general arrogance and dismissive attitude as they've wanted to attract rich fans in the posh seats, corporates and day trippers. Unfortunately for them a lot of this type of fans arent interested in seeing championship football, so they'll have to hope that they haven't pissed off the old school supporters too much with the way they've carried on the last 5 years or so and they come back.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, stevegrant said:

Pretty amusing that Arsenal have been to St Mary's twice in that period and haven't managed to win :lol:

We still have to play them away as well, just a shame our record up there isn't quite as good! 

Looking at the Leicester game this weekend, have we ever lost 6 straight home league games in a row? Could be another record breaking season 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Season ticket has been a complete waste of money this year.  Don’t actually enjoy it.

Mmm…not surprised to be honest. I really got very little joy from my ST last season what with moved match times and disappointment in performances and results. So when the choice of renewing presented itself with the pressing energy/fuel costs coming just as I retired, it was a very easy decision to give it up after so many years.

In some respects, given I’d waited so long to get what for me was a perfect seat, I’m still surprised how much I don’t miss going…the atmosphere became generally shit (one of my last home games I had to suffer a pissed Pool supporter giving it large two seats in front of me and the Steward doing nothing), the football from Saints was (is) painfully poor, having to pander to Sky etc.. Now I can watch any game from the comfort of anywhere with a decent Leffe beer and snacks, while commiserating with you lot….happy days!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Mmm…not surprised to be honest. I really got very little joy from my ST last season what with moved match times and disappointment in performances and results. So when the choice of renewing presented itself with the pressing energy/fuel costs coming just as I retired, it was a very easy decision to give it up after so many years.

In some respects, given I’d waited so long to get what for me was a perfect seat, I’m still surprised how much I don’t miss going…the atmosphere became generally shit (one of my last home games I had to suffer a pissed Pool supporter giving it large two seats in front of me and the Steward doing nothing), the football from Saints was (is) painfully poor, having to pander to Sky etc.. Now I can watch any game from the comfort of anywhere with a decent Leffe beer and snacks, while commiserating with you lot….happy days!

Very understandable. I got disillusioned after being kicked out of the padded seats and now hold no attachment to our present ones. My grandson doesn’t yet know where he will be based next season so there’s no real incentive to renew. I expect that seats will be widely available should we need any.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Turkish said:

The club have treated the traditional Saints fan with distain for years. A general arrogance and dismissive attitude as they've wanted to attract rich fans in the posh seats, corporates and day trippers. Unfortunately for them a lot of this type of fans arent interested in seeing championship football, so they'll have to hope that they haven't pissed off the old school supporters too much with the way they've carried on the last 5 years or so and they come back.

Didn’t they also use that away fans fund (cant remember how that came about) to decorate and neaten up the away fans concourse, whereas most other clubs used it to subsidise travel / ticket prices for their own fans?

5 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Didn’t they also use that away fans fund (cant remember how that came about) to decorate and neaten up the away fans concourse, whereas most other clubs used it to subsidise travel / ticket prices for their own fans?

Yes, most other clubs used to it to reward our own fans, we used it to decorate the away areas at St Marys 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Very understandable. I got disillusioned after being kicked out of the padded seats and now hold no attachment to our present ones. My grandson doesn’t yet know where he will be based next season so there’s no real incentive to renew. I expect that seats will be widely available should we need any.

I just missed out on the delight of the Kingsland padded seats being right on the gangway of block 32. And yes, I think there’s every chance of getting a ticket to any match I fancy going to in the future…nice to be able to pick and choose.