What players will you miss, should they leave, when we go down?

Dman

9 minutes ago, Dman said:

JWP & Lavia the rest, genuinely couldn’t care less and hope they go. 

Small case for ABK and Salisu. 

None maybe KWP at stretch but he is the right back! 
when Lambert went to Liverpool I was gutted but understood this lot I couldn’t care who goes. We shouldn’t because that’s the club philosophy. Buy cheap sell for a profit don’t get attached because any good will be sold it’s why hardly any give a shit about losing to Grimsby

Edited by Give it to Ron

Same plus Stewart Armstrong.  On form he's class, unfortunately he's not at this moment in time, and appears to have problems with fitness and injuries.  

What does worry me is people keep saying we need to get rid of the dross in the squad, but realistically who is going to take them off of our books? We are stuck with some bang average garbage in a very tough league. 

• Like 1

JWP is the only one really. Lavia will go off back to City or another Top 4 club and his time here is nothing more than a glorified loan spell.

SR need to be prepping for anew manager and a brand new first team.

The best outcome is Vincent Kompany 2 and off we go. We all know the other outcomes.

• Like 4

Like others, we’ve now been conditioned not to get attached to players because they’re just assets to be bought cheap, sold for as much as possible. JWP is the only player who’d have been sold a dream of it being different, and it still being a football club with some sort of heart, which we aren’t any longer. 

• Like 5

I love Lavia but have accepted he will be leaving regardless of what league we play in next year. He solves a lot of teams higher up the food chains issues in midfield quite easily.

I will genuinely be upset about JWP playing elsewhere, especially if he breaks the record for another team. I did a post a while back about lesser clubs having an "iconic" player. I think he's a shoe in for West Ham to replace RIce and that makes me sad.

Agree with JWP and I just hope he breaks Beckhams record whilst at Saints, I can see it now he will do it playing for West ham (he could go there to replace Rice) and the media can then forget he ever played for Saints and concentrate on that part with him plastered all over the place in their kit.

KWP, Tino and Stu A from last season - the rest can all go but we will be left with rather a lot cause no-one will take them.  

• Like 1

On another note, i think alot of players are in for a shock when no other premiership clubs come calling. After all why would another struggling club lean on players who clearly just.dont give a shit what happens, as let's face it the only big bucks are jwp kwp lavia and kotchap.

Would JWP be that big of a loss, really?

Yes his freekicks are very good, but the rest? I don't know. His leadership isn't great, so he's also part of the problem.

Lavia would be a big miss because it's clear he's going to be a very good player.

KWP is also a talent and would walk into the majority of PL teams.

Everyone else? I couldn't care less and doubt they could either. I don't think there's anyone else in the squad with a real link to the team/city.

• Confused 2

Romeo Lavia, Kamaldeen Sulemana and Armel Bella-Kotchap.

I still don't think JWP, but would naturally miss him if he did.

The rest of the squad can bugger off due to either their poor ability or their poor attitude.

Problem we'll have is that we'll be stuck with most of them as no Championship team will be paying the wages we pay to take them off our hands; and they aren't good enough for the Premier League.

JWP and Armstrong but thats it. 
Posted similar couple months ago, dont rate anyone we have bar those two really.

Not like we know anything about any of them these days anyway. Just a bunch of strangers bar Prowse. Tbh i reckon thats half the reason why they stopped most of the behind the scenes stuff, the less attatched the fanbase are to the players the easier it is to sell everyone. So they keep the players as strangers to the fans bar their initial signing interview. 
Yes before internet we ddint have that anyway but in those days the players were a part of the community more so fans got atatched like that plus on the field performances.
Nowadays most dont even live in the same city as the club (most in winch) and bar charity events/hospital visits (which seems like only prowse does anyway) arent involved with the city tbh.

So a bunch of strangers playing crap (who weve been told have been bought to make a profit on asap, not commit themselves long term)=no one gives a toss if they go.

Convenient how they show effort for chelsea. Bunch of mugs just playing for the cameras in the big games to get their move. I would say championship is a good opportunity to have a clear out of them all, but with SR in charge theyre going to buy the same cheap options , just a level down from before.
I can see them taking us back to league 1 in their attempts at a failed experiment.

Like others have said, JWP leaving and breaking the record elsewhere will hurt though, hes from the era when we were still a decent club. 

Edited by Spark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

Think you'll find a lot of players being slated will do well when they leave, what they need is decent management and experience around them.  Not a manager doing his yts with us 

Do you think they are putting in 100% for us?

1 hour ago, Saint NL said:

Would JWP be that big of a loss, really?

the difference last night before and after he came on was scary. He immediately grabbed hold of the game and got us playing.

He's a damn good player. He's not world class, has his faults and limitations, but he's a decent Premier League standard player. We don't have many that can play in central midfield at this level. He can't do everything, but he has a great touch and weight of pass. If/when we go down, I dread to think who will be playing in midfield. I seem to recall Dennis Wise was one of our CMs in the first season in the championship and unsurprisingly things didn't go well.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Marsdinho said:

I wonder how many of the squad have relegation release clauses?

Do you mean clauses that allow them to walk or clauses that cut their wages in half. Not having the latter is far more of a concern if you ask me. Having to pay most of these guys £60k a week (and more) in the championship cos you cant offload them is extremely scary. 

Watch our £90m of debt increase very quickly indeed.

• Like 1

There’s not an ounce of mental fortitude amongst the squad, so wouldn’t miss any of them (maybe JWP as it’s rare to see that longevity, but he’s also weak).

Facts are we will likely lose Lavia, JWP, KWP, Salisu, ABK. You might get the likes of Che who think they are better than they actually are and try for a Prem move. The rest we won’t be able to shift and will be stuck with, floundering in the championship.

33 minutes ago, Marsdinho said:

I wonder how many of the squad have relegation release clauses?

We'll have few few salable assets.  

The reality is the likes of Perraud, Djenepo, DCC, Orsic, Bazunu, Lyanco, Diallo, Edozie, etc, etc, know they are on wages they will never get paid by any other club so will have no desire to do anything else than collect their money.

We'll be left trying to send them out on loan season after season and try and get the other club to pay a few quid of their massive wages as we did before with Hoedt, Carrillo, Lemina, Elyuseless, etc.

Edited by once_bitterne

Personally despite what some are saying I actually think we have a number of players who will do well in the Championship, and the Championship will do well for them. Mara, Edozie, Bazunu, Larios (and Alcaraz if he sticks around) in particular I think are unlikely to get interest elsewhere but will do well at that level, and could do with it for their development. There are also some fringe players that I think would impress down there; Diallo, Djenepo, Perraud if they were willing to stick around. The problem would be some of the more experienced players, probably on the bigger wages, who have not done enough to get PL moves but also probably don’t want to play in the league below; DCC, Lyanco, Orsic, Bednarek, Sulemana, Aribo, Tall Paul, Elyounoussi. I imagine we’ll be loaning that lot out for years to come, like we were with Lemina etc. Thankfully what we have this season that we haven’t in previous is some genuinely saleable assets - Lavia, JWP, KWP, Salisu, ABK and perhaps also Che, given previous PL interest, and maybe Tella too now, would probably fetch us the best part of 200mil if the market was kind to us. As such, i’m not as fearful of our impending relegation as I would’ve been a couple of seasons back. 

Edited by saintwbu

52 minutes ago, Chez said:

the difference last night before and after he came on was scary. He immediately grabbed hold of the game and got us playing.

He's a damn good player. He's not world class, has his faults and limitations, but he's a decent Premier League standard player. We don't have many that can play in central midfield at this level. He can't do everything, but he has a great touch and weight of pass. If/when we go down, I dread to think who will be playing in midfield. I seem to recall Dennis Wise was one of our CMs in the first season in the championship and unsurprisingly things didn't go well.

I forgot about that. Jesus that was bleak. 

1 hour ago, saintwbu said:

Personally despite what some are saying I actually think we have a number of players who will do well in the Championship, and the Championship will do well for them. Mara, Edozie, Bazunu, Larios (and Alcaraz if he sticks around) in particular I think are unlikely to get interest elsewhere but will do well at that level, and could do with it for their development. There are also some fringe players that I think would impress down there; Diallo, Djenepo, Perraud if they were willing to stick around. The problem would be some of the more experienced players, probably on the bigger wages, who have not done enough to get PL moves but also probably don’t want to play in the league below; DCC, Lyanco, Orsic, Bednarek, Sulemana, Aribo, Tall Paul, Elyounoussi. I imagine we’ll be loaning that lot out for years to come, like we were with Lemina etc. Thankfully what we have this season that we haven’t in previous is some genuinely saleable assets - Lavia, JWP, KWP, Salisu, ABK and perhaps also Che, given previous PL interest, and maybe Tella too now, would probably fetch us the best part of 200mil if the market was kind to us. As such, i’m not as fearful of our impending relegation as I would’ve been a couple of seasons back. 

200M really? I doubt there will be many paying over the odds for our failing players, who have shown they are not consistent PL performers. You also have to add into the mix that SR will need to get money in and so we will not be getting premium fees.

4 minutes ago, OldNick said:

200M really? I doubt there will be many paying over the odds for our failing players, who have shown they are not consistent PL performers. You also have to add into the mix that SR will need to get money in and so we will not be getting premium fees.

I said if the market is kind to us - But if you said the first 5 went for £30mil each i think that’d be conservative on the side of JWP and Lavia particularly (considering his buy back is way above that) given the length of contracts. Equally £30mil might be a stretch for each of KWP, ABK and Salisu given their respective experience and contract length, but it wouldn’t be a million miles away. Then Tella and Che are both £15mil players at least in the modern game. That’s £180mil just on that basis. 

1 minute ago, saintwbu said:

I said if the market is kind to us - But if you said the first 5 went for £30mil each i think that’d be conservative on the side of JWP and Lavia particularly (considering his buy back is way above that) given the length of contracts. Equally £30mil might be a stretch for each of KWP, ABK and Salisu given their respective experience and contract length, but it wouldn’t be a million miles away. Then Tella and Che are both £15mil players at least in the modern game. That’s £180mil just on that basis. 

Perhaps 150 but none of us really know the selling price with these things. You are correct we have some assets who have a value

3 hours ago, Mr Nimbus said:

I forgot about that. Jesus that was bleak. 

sure was. I remember going to Luton for the second game of the season midweek and they gave him and us the runaround. I am pretty sure cuntflaps dropped him after that game. I wonder who will be our Wise next season? How long before we are watching absolute talentless players like Paul Wotton in a red and white shirt again. 

2 hours ago, saintwbu said:

Villa offered just £25m for JWP. Perhaps his reputation/profile has increased, performances have improved and prices gone up, but I wouldn't get your hopes up to much about the size of transfer fee we are going to get for some of these guys. We wont get £30m for Salisu for example. It just wont happen.

16 minutes ago, Chez said:

sure was. I remember going to Luton for the second game of the season midweek and they gave him and us the runaround. I am pretty sure cuntflaps dropped him after that game. I wonder who will be our Wise next season? How long before we are watching absolute talentless players like Paul Wotton in a red and white shirt again. 

james milner?

1 hour ago, Chez said:

My god, I remember that too. Nice hot day if I remember. Managed to get the train up and a lift home, thankfully. Ahhhh, takes me back.

17 hours ago, Crab Lungs said:

My god, I remember that too. Nice hot day if I remember. Managed to get the train up and a lift home, thankfully. Ahhhh, takes me back.

it certainly was. Lovely evening, except for the football.  

Strange side we put out that night, with five CMs is you include Prutton, who I presume played right back. I didnt realise Redcunt bought Powell to the club. My dislike of arry somehow manages to increase.  

Niemi

Prutton Hajto, Powell Higginbottom

Delap Oakley Wise Quashie

Fuller Jones

16 hours ago, Chez said:

it certainly was. Lovely evening, except for the football.  

Strange side we put out that night, with five CMs is you include Prutton, who I presume played right back. I didnt realise Redcunt bought Powell to the club. My dislike of arry somehow manages to increase.  

Niemi

Prutton Hajto, Powell Higginbottom

Delap Oakley Wise Quashie

Fuller Jones

Bloody hell, that was the lineup? That is stinking. We’ve got 5 CMs on the pitch, and two of them as wide men. Ughhhh.

6 hours ago, Roboze said:

JWP, and The England Captain is now reportedly saying he will stay at Spurs if they sign JWP, almost gifting him a path to International football...... who'd blame him if he left.. well Done SR.

Where is this report?

If Harry Kane came out and said anything remotely like that in the middle of a season then it would be all over every sports news source on the planet. Mainly because it would be a mental thing for the England captain to say about himself and a player under contract to another club.

But I can't see it anywhere.

• Like 1