Selles Out NOW!

washsaint

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

We could just get guest managers for each remaining match, a bit like on Have I Got News For You.

I suggest Victoria Coren Mitchell for the Forest game.

Good shout. For once our first 11 wouldn’t have the biggest tits in the ground! 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, aintforever said:

See little point in getting rid now, unless we already have our next manager lined up and he’s some sort of sadist that wants to experience relegation.

There might be a benefit of seeing the squad close up and trying to influence those you want to stay and those you don’t.

4 hours ago, The Juice said:

Who is going to come in now and have 'relegation' stamped on their cv? 

I mean, I'll do it if they meet my wages but, lets be honest, we are better waiting until last day of the season, then acting immediately to recruit someone - hopefully someone already lined up who puts pen to paper very early. 

The CV issue has been trotted out a few times, but at this stage it’s irrelevant to some point. It’s not an A level grade, or a Pass/Fail on an exam.

Think it would be known that the coach/manager comes in for 4 games and the damage was previously done. Might be interpreted slightly differently if coming in during February with a quarter of a season to go. 

• Like 1

This is from the BBC:

In a season that has had little cheer, there has been some encouragement from the Saints' recent performances that could give the fans hope for the future, which now looks most likely to be as a Championship club.

My worry is that those making the decisions at St Mary’s don’t see what we see and should be blindingly obvious.

if RS isn’t gone at the end of the season then we really are in big trouble. Worryingly I don’t have total confidence in SR to to do the right thing.

21 minutes ago, Badger said:

There might be a benefit of seeing the squad close up and trying to influence those you want to stay and those you don’t.

The CV issue has been trotted out a few times, but at this stage it’s irrelevant to some point. It’s not an A level grade, or a Pass/Fail on an exam.

Think it would be known that the coach/manager comes in for 4 games and the damage was previously done. Might be interpreted slightly differently if coming in during February with a quarter of a season to go. 

The club cannot do it, and no manager we would want would take it, until we were mathmatically down.

Let's say we are bringing in Patrick Viera. If he came in tomorrow and then did a load of press ahead of the Forest game he has no choice but to talk about trying to stay up and how it was still possible and keep focused etc etc. Equally the club leadership have to say similar stuff.

Neither the new manager or the club can say what you or I (or the club and Patrick) know what he is here for. He can't say "I know we're down, I am here to build for the Championship". No one can say it.

So because everyone involved has to perpetuate that lie, in that scenario the relegation will be on him - he will still be the guy in the chair at the point of relegation, and he'd be on record saying he would try to keep us up. So it's on his CV.

So after relegation is confirmed, maybe, but definitely not before. But really I don't think will happen.

Honestly I think we just wait until the Summer.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

The club cannot do it, and no manager we would want would take it, until we were mathmatically down.

Let's say we are bringing in Patrick Viera. If he came in tomorrow and then did a load of press ahead of the Forest game he has no choice but to talk about trying to stay up and how it was still possible and keep focused etc etc. Equally the club leadership have to say similar stuff.

Neither the new manager or the club can say what you or I (or the club and Patrick) know what he is here for. He can't say "I know we're down, I am here to build for the Championship". No one can say it.

So because everyone involved has to perpetuate that lie, in that scenario the relegation will be on him - he will still be the guy in the chair at the point of relegation, and he'd be on record saying he would try to keep us up. So it's on his CV.

So after relegation is confirmed, maybe, but definitely not before. But really I don't think will happen.

Honestly I think we just wait until the Summer.

Fair point. 

I expect the summer more likely, and then not too soon.As much as anything because most managers/coaches will wait for the Premiership jobs to be taken before accepting us.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

Fair point. 

I expect the summer more likely, and then not too soon.As much as anything because most managers/coaches will wait for the Premiership jobs to be taken before accepting us.

I want us to announce the day after the final match of the season that Selles has gone and that xxxxx (preferably a name that we recognise and not some up and coming coach from the Spanish second division) is taking over immediately. If talks are not taking place with suitable candidates atm then SR need to be shot.

There is so much to do with player ins and outs before the first week of August that we have no time to spare.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Indeed. No change tomorrow but talks will be taking place away from the glare of publicity.

Surely?

Is it just coincidence that Graeme Souness has stepped down from his sky job and we need a manager?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

oh...

I’d be very interested to find out from a genuine ITK if this is true, or just face saving for Mr Ted Talk (It was all them not me). After all, it all but confirmed that he’s off, isn’t it?

What this does however show is Semmens obsession with Ralph and his inability to let go. He cost us getting Eddie Howe due to his blind loyalty Ralph and seemingly cost us our place in the PL by trying to replicate Ralph his his assistant. 

Regardless, the sooner this noddy leaves the club the better. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Les Reed is now 70. Club connections, and following his time with Charlton, will have a point to prove, passing the Rasmus Test. 🙂

He who must be obeyed versus He who must (also) be obeyed, would be a far more exciting watch than anything on the pitch!

1 hour ago, Toussaint said:

There’s a Netflix box set to be made there!

Rasmus: Now, I am the master.
Les: Only a master of powerpoint, Rasmus.
Rasmus: The power cable into your Black Box is weak old man.
Les: Yet still able to run a decent game of Football Manager, which we based our recruitment on.
Rasmus: You should not have come back. My xG is much higher than yours.

Just let me know when shooting starts... no, the series, the series...! 🙂

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson

On 30/04/2023 at 23:13, Turkish said:

Is it just coincidence that Graeme Souness has stepped down from his sky job and we need a manager?

I was on a flight with GS two weeks ago, he appeared very affable, calm and relaxed.  Not sure he'll want to fuck that up.   

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

I was on a flight with GS two weeks ago, he appeared very affable, calm and relaxed.  Not sure he'll want to fuck that up.   

I swa GS first and thought Gordon Strachan. Currently technical director at a club who are already topping the Championship!

Well, Dundee in the Scottsh Championship, but still... 🙂

2 hours ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Just seen him on Sky saying we've shown we can perform in the last few games, even mentions the fucking Bournemouth game as an example. 

Deluded twat. 

We can perform badly? hopelessly? uselessly? cluelessly? definitely a missing word in there. 🙂

What the idiot doesn't get, it's his unbalanced team selections with no blend and his favoured players that are taking us down. Even when he has a team holding it's own without those favoured players he then substitutes them on after an hour and the team collapses. Just get rid of the clown.

• Like 8

We need a proper reset in the summer. That means getting rid of a number of the players who have dragged us down over a number of years and "Ralph Lite" needs to go too. Maybe we got a little suckered by the results against Chelsea and Leicester but the football, mainly caused by the selections, has been dreadful recently. Starting must win games without at least one striker should be a sackable offence alone.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, derry said:

What the idiot doesn't get, it's his unbalanced team selections with no blend and his favoured players that are taking us down. Even when he has a team holding it's own without those favoured players he then substitutes them on after an hour and the team collapses. Just get rid of the clown.

I can’t remember the last time I looked at team sheet and thought that’s it!

Always in the pub full of optimism and then someone shows the line up quite often have nearly stayed there

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Just seen him on Sky saying we've shown we can perform in the last few games, even mentions the fucking Bournemouth game as an example. 

Deluded twat. 

We were absolutely shite against Bournemouth 🤣

This team of play stoppers is a joke, we've got attackers who are fine until they actually have to touch the ball, a defence that is full of errors that lead to goals and a goal keeper that if you get a shot on target has a 80% chance of going in. If it wasn't for Chelsea being so bloody incompetent this season and got their usual double over us we'd currently be down already on 18 points.