Selles Out NOW!

washsaint

What a f***** c***.  He is so negative and risk averse and brings on 3 failures who should not be near the first team squad and suddenly we are 3-1 down.

This squad, manager and owners are a complete disgrace.

Get a temporary manager in who will play some of our younger players from the B team who have a winning mentality and actually try and win games.

Selles is so far out of his depth it is untrue and is a coward.  Afraid of losing so won't actually try and win games.

• Like 19

Just seen the incredible stat that Newcastle have had over 30 touches in our box second half to Saints.....ZERO.  Selles is such a coward and so cautious/afraid of losing that this is exactly what happens every time.

Utter fraud

• Like 5

I’m not sure what people expected? He was a fitness coach for a Greek side. Suddenly he’s the manager of a crisis club, in a league that chews up & spits out the likes of Lampard & Gerrard. He’s probably over achieved to be honest. He’s useless, but what on his record suggested to people he wouldn’t be useless?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harvey said:

With a decent manager who knew what he was doing we'd have survived.....he's clueless.

Don't think it would have mattered who managed us, this bunch of players are gutless.

But Selles hasn't helped himself, he is the ring leader for the cowerdness and the players love that as they can hide behind.

Without doubt THE worst manager we’ve ever had. Comfortably worse than Jones , the bloke is a complete moron. I am struggling to believe he is this clueless, surely he can’t be genuinely thinking his subs and tactics are going to get us out of trouble. If he does, he needs sectioning. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, St Lej said:

Without doubt THE worst manager we’ve ever had. Comfortably worse than Jones , the bloke is a complete moron. I am struggling to believe he is this clueless, surely he can’t be genuinely thinking his subs and tactics are going to get us out of trouble. If he does, he needs sectioning. 

Selles v Wigley....go

27 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

As the geordie twat on comms just said; Saints are 3-1 down and for a Newcastle attack we had all 11 players back defending. No notion of leaving one or two up to hit them on the break. Very disappointing.

Yes, I must have been watching the same stream and heard that comment as well. Trouble is, we could have any number up front ready to break, but we just go round in circles trying to keep the ball. When we are losing, the approach seems to be 'keep the ball, hope they don't score any more' rather than 'right, we need to attack".

• Like 1

I genuinely think we were saveable after we got rid of Jones. We were only 3 points off safety. 

Selles has come in and somehow managed to make us worse. I'm not actually sure how that is possible. We've made two of the worst managerial appointments in our history within the space of 4 months. It's incredible really. 

Edited by Harry_SFC
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I'd rather Nathan fucking Jones than this fraud...

Selles was being groomed as our manager ffs, look at the state of it

Jones had won championship manager of the year and was doing well at Luton, already achieved more as a manager than Selles ever will. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Get rid before he can do any more damage.

Unless he’s going to start going round two footing everyone in training I’m not really sure what more damage can be done? 

We aren’t staying up no matter what, give the job to guardiola for the rest of the season it makes no difference. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Unless he’s going to start going round two footing everyone in training I’m not really sure what more damage can be done? 

We aren’t staying up no matter what, give the job to guardiola for the rest of the season it makes no difference. 

It’s a a matter of attitudes and momentum. 

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

That ship sailed when we gave the gig to RS. Hoped he could lift spirits, it’s made us worse and four games isn’t going to change anything. 

We just need to skulk out of this league in as quiet a fashion as possible and pray that the owners start getting something right this summer.

Edited by ErwinK1961
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, aintforever said:

See little point in getting rid now, unless we already have our next manager lined up and he’s some sort of sadist that wants to experience relegation.

Actually i can see the point in getting in someone who might influence a few players to stay. If the players know who the manager next season will be that might be a turning point to keep them here a little longer, you never know. 

• Like 3

Who is going to come in now and have 'relegation' stamped on their cv? 

I mean, I'll do it if they meet my wages but, lets be honest, we are better waiting until last day of the season, then acting immediately to recruit someone - hopefully someone already lined up who puts pen to paper very early. 

• Like 2

Absolute amateur managerial decisions today, even at the lowly level I played at, you know just how important your forwards hold up play is when under the cosh, for everything he lacks in goal scoring ability, Che Adams hold up play is his biggest asset. How a manager can watch the first 5 minutes of that second half, away from home, 1-0 up and completely under the cosh with the pattern of play heading only in one direction and not make changes is completely beyond me, to the point of negligence.

If I can see it, if other fans can see it, if commentators can see it, how the fuck can our manager not see it?

I’m not saying Che Adams would have made a massive difference, he may have won us a foul or two, gave our defence the breather they needed to recover, making decisions at the correct moment in games all goes towards proving competency, an understanding of the game, momentum, when the players see Armstrong coming on instead of Che Adams they must despair inside, Jo Tessem summed it up beautifully on Solent “Adam Armstrong hasn’t had a touch in this game, in fact I don’t think he’s had a touch since Arsenal”

The game was heading away from us, then Selles subs accelerated it beyond reasonable doubt.

Joke of an appointment, he’s as bad as Jones
  • Like 11

23 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Half of these players will be off in the summer anyway. 

18 minutes ago, DrunkenSaint said:

Actually i can see the point in getting in someone who might influence a few players to stay. If the players know who the manager next season will be that might be a turning point to keep them here a little longer, you never know. 

Who fucking wants them to stay?? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Yeah, and the new guy comes in and we continue to get humped every week, that’s the new manager feel good factor up in smoke.

Better off the new guy having nothing to do with this season’s shit-show whatsoever. Start a fresh once the all the rats have jumped ship IMO.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 1

The one question that a journalist needs to put to Selles but they seem afraid to ask and instead pussyfoot around.

‘Adam Armstrong, Moi Elyounoussi, Theo Walcott: combined goals 3, combined assists 3. As it is clearly not goals or creativity, what do these players offer the team that warrants them to be selected week after week at the expense of the likes of Orsic, Edozie, Onuachu or even talented u21’s players who have never been given a chance?’

• Like 6

2 hours ago, washsaint said:

What a f***** c***.  He is so negative and risk averse and brings on 3 failures who should not be near the first team squad and suddenly we are 3-1 down.

This squad, manager and owners are a complete disgrace.

Get a temporary manager in who will play some of our younger players from the B team who have a winning mentality and actually try and win games.

Selles is so far out of his depth it is untrue and is a coward.  Afraid of losing so won't actually try and win games.

don't think you can blame the owner, he's provided the funding, it's the people doing the hiring and firing who are to blame, I know he hires them, but they came to the club as a team, the money man can't be happy with their performance this season and I'd imagine a few hard truths will be said through the summer

• Like 5

To be honest we are fucked now, doesn't matter whose in charge.

He will no doubt keep not playing tall Paul in any game just put of principle whilst Moi and Arma get games.

Dunno what to think to be honest, so many people on different levels have fucked up this season, only one without blame is dragan whose spend a record amount this season, suppose you could blame him for allowing ankerson and Kraft to fuck it up so spectacularly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

don't think you can blame the owner, he's provided the funding, it's the people doing the hiring and firing who are to blame, I know he hires them, but they came to the club as a team, the money man can't be happy with their performance this season and I'd imagine a few hard truths will be said through the summer

Correct Solak is a very powerful rich man in Serbia. His media giant is taking on the Serbian government and winning.

I would pay good money to watch the Sports Republic meeting 😱

• Like 3