Saints 4-4 Liverpool - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Liverpool - Match Thread

I should be happy were winning I suppose, but in a lot of ways I’m even more fucked off that these clowns raise their game when Liverpool are in town but can’t be arsed against their relegation rivals. Oh and for fuck sake Selles look what happens when you give Sully a decent go from the start of the game!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bpsaint said:

I should be happy were winning I suppose, but in a lot of ways I’m even more fucked off that these clowns raise their game when Liverpool are in town but can’t be arsed against their relegation rivals. Oh and for fuck sake Selles look what happens when you give Sully a decent go from the start of the game!!

I don't think it's so much that they are raising their game, as Selles' tactics are set up to exploit teams like Liverpool.

Had Selles set us up differently, perhaps playing more direct deeper balls into Big Paul for example, pushing play back, we would have been able to put more pressure onto the teams round the bottom. Setting ourselves up the same way each week, just isn;t going to work,. And it hasn't.

• Like 2

Just now, Convict Colony said:

If Everton go down i will for one will be enjoying the delicious tears of evertonian fans all summer

Everton aren’t going down and we aren’t winning this game. That would involve some aspect of this season being enjoyable, which isn’t allowed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 4-4 Liverpool - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic