Saints 4-4 Liverpool - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

More attacking teams like Liverpool, (who also bring with a number of personnel who can give the odd error), play into the central, quick running of SellesBall. It's him not having a tactic that works against all the other types of tactics in the league, that has resulted in him departing after the final whistle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

I’ve said once already, but Lyanco is having a great game.

I know its not popular but lyanco can ball and is probably the 1 CB that actually enjoys the passing/close control aspect of football ontop of the fight.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I know its not popular but lyanco can ball and is probably the 1 CB that actually enjoys the passing/close control aspect of football ontop of the fight.

if we are going to play it out from the back, and not have Lavia handle that task, you need CBs that can play. That's his strength. We just need to cover his weaknesses if that is going to work next season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I like him and hope he stays. Always good to have a headcase in the ranks

Edited by Viking Saint

Just now, gammon cheeks said:

Be so funny if Everton go down! Ever since Highbury 1984 ive had a rather abnormal dislike of them .

likewise. I dont reelly like any other side, but seeing them go down would be fine by me.

Entertaining first half. Quite often get a fun last game of the season match when neither team has anything to play for.

Pretty good atmosphere in the ground too. Surprisingly didn't see any Liverpool fans near us celebrate their goals considering how many people lobbed tickets on the exchange.

1 minute ago, gammon cheeks said:

Be so funny if Everton go down! Ever since Highbury 1984 ive had a rather abnormal dislike of them .

you are not the only one

2 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

You can almost be assured that Everton will score 80+ mins and save themselves. 
Today is the only day I’ve ever felt like cheering on Bmouth.

Yes, Come on Cherries

1 minute ago, gammon cheeks said:

Really conflicted by this. Three clubs I easily dislike in Everton, Leicester and Leeds. Looks like it will be Leeds as one, but finding it very hard to pick between Everton and Leicester.

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Really conflicted by this. Three clubs I easily dislike in Everton, Leicester and Leeds. Looks like it will be Leeds as one, but finding it very hard to pick between Everton and Leicester.

gotta be everton.

Koeman/Dugouts/Cheating FFP/Entitled Fans

• Like 3

Just now, tdmickey3 said:

Please, please, please, fuckin please let the scores remain the same so those deluded, bin dipping, giro collecting, shell suit wearing wanker fans are crying at full time 

Sorry to disappoint you but it's inevitable they will survive I'm afraid.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, tdmickey3 said:

Please, please, please, fuckin please let the scores remain the same so those deluded, bin dipping, giro collecting, shell suit wearing wanker fans are crying at full time 

The 1980s called. They want their stereotype back.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

Traditional big side. Would love to see them feel some of the PAIN we have to suffer.

• Like 1

Some chap, maybe 60, turned up absolutely hammered on his own after 10 minutes. Couldn't find his seat so showed his ticket which was an U18 ticket to a guy near me to try and work out where to sit.

Pissed bloke then sat down and promptly fell asleep. He's gone down at half time, hopefully for more beer.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Some chap, maybe 60, turned up absolutely hammered on his own after 10 minutes. Couldn't find his seat so showed his ticket which was an U18 ticket to a guy near me to try and work out where to sit.

Pissed bloke then sat down and promptly fell asleep. He's gone down at half time, hopefully for more beer.

We all have our own ways of coping with match day

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 4-4 Liverpool - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic