Saints 4-4 Liverpool - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 4-4 Liverpool - Match Thread
Just now, Micky said:

Everton survive.  Goodbye to the shittyest of shit seasons.  A paltry 25 points in a season when 35 would keep you up, what a fucking mess we are. 

If we had 35 we'd be finishing 18th. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Micky said:

Everton survive.  Goodbye to the shittyest of shit seasons.  A paltry 25 points in a season when 35 would keep you up, what a fucking mess we are. 

Not sure why you say that like 35 (actually 36) is a low amount, the majority of seasons 35 is enough to keep you up.

2 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I think one of us is more liekly than the other to be explaining how they think that shot went on match of the day. 🙂

my version of MOTD would be better

Just leaving ground. Enjoyed that. Don’t know why he belt alcaraz on as he was fooked. 

entertaining though. Thought Lyanco was very good today. 

radical but I’d make him captain next year. Will calm him down but still plays like he cares. 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

Cunts 

Cheer up mate. It’s a bank holiday, suns out and we have just seen n eight goal thriller. Fresh start next season with a football playing new manager. New kit and good young players coming through. Season tickets are cheaper and more games. 

be happy 😃 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Two teams with nothing to play for, and neither of their seasons being anything like they wanted.

Liverpool's attacking set up, played nicely into Selles' tactics. However, Selles not being able to shape his tactic for any other team has being his undoing here. Even against a team set up for us to do well enough, we pass it out early in the game and get caught 2-0 within 15 mins.

But the guys just get on with implementing the game plan. And in fairness, that's mostly what they've been doing all season. It's just that the gameplans that have been utterly shocking, and their inability to do anything aout it, either through lack of talent, squad unity or being turned into robots over the last few seasons, that's let them down.

In such an open game, and a decent result, there were obviously positives. Sulemana getting goals. AA getting a good finish. Both will hopefully take that into next season. Tino looked very capable when he came on. Strong, aware with good touch and passing. He'll be a big plus for us next season, and you wonder how much we've really missed someone that oyung, with all our full back swapping about, after his injury. 

There ended up being a bit of an end of season feel to it at 4-4. We brought on youngsters, while Liverpool still created, but not ruthlessly. We had a couple of decent breaks late on too.

The outgoing players all got a good send off. Mo, Theo, and what looks very likely, JWP. I hope not for the latter, but would thank him for his service, if that's his last game for us. SellesBall showed us we have young, energetic runners onto the ball in Sulemana and Alcaraz. Amo-Ameyaw was very raw, but had a nice run too.

It's been such a shambles of a season, that there was a resignation to relegation some time back. That might have tempered any stronger feelings about us going down feeding into this game. The team can take a farewell, and not a goodbye to the Premier League, with a draw against one of its biggest clubs (if a bit in transition themselves now). Selles can take "put up a team that drew against Liverpool." onto his CV for his next managerial appointment, with some (edited) evidence of how it's supposed to work.

There will be a lot of off field reorganisation. Hopefully the incoming manager will bring in a coaching team too, so we can get pre season up and running effectively nice and early.

While not the most effective of games, at least we didn't go down with another defeat, and that gives a little more hope for the season to come.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

Good to see Saint Rob with a ‘we will be back’ flag. @Turkish you’d love it

Saint Rob is everything that's wrong with our fans. He's desperate to be famous amongst Saints fans, it's actually embarrassing. The only reason he has that flag is he's desperate to be on MOTD tonight. Plus who gets to the stadium that early on a match day.

Edited by Paul Chuckle
  • Like 5

Just now, Paul Chuckle said:

Saint Rob is everything that's wrong with our fans. He's desperate to be famous amongst Saints fans, it's actually embarrassing. The only reason he has that flag is he's desperate to be on MOTD tonight. Plus who gets to the stadium that early on a match day.

We will be back mate. Ask @Turkish

8C36D65D-1304-479A-B3B7-D2E71E8CB3F9.jpeg

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, LGTL said:

People clapping those bunch of cunts after the season we’ve just had. Incredible. 

I imagine some people wanted to clap the players who are leaving and thank them for their contribution over their time at the club.

For example Ward Prowse, Walker Peters and Lavia all deserve applause. 

Others don't deserve any applause, but it it's hard to signal who you are clapping for while doing it.

• Like 3

Thought Lyanco, Sulemana and Alcaraz all good today. Even Bree did ok. I really hope they don't try and keep Ely (awful every time!) The youngsters were are too lightweight in my opinion and need gradual involvement but it was heartening to see Amo-Ameyaw drop his shoulders and leave two Liverpool players for dead which created Walker-Peters chance at the end. The last player I saw do that was a very young theo Walcott a d he didn't turn out too bad. It's sad to see JWP go but I guess we need the funds (hopefully £100m for him and Lavia together!) Looking forward to winning some games next season and at least a top 10 slot! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

Yes he’s a prick. Like that other complete whopper Andrew. Want to be edgy and be the clubs spokesmen on social media, try hard to be celebrity fans. Also do all they can to get themselves noticed like you say. Bet he is ready tonight to record MOTD on his phone to video himself if he gets on there

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

glad its finally over. Not confident we can turn the ship around quickly, but by the time the summer is over I hope there will be a feel good factor and we get some momentum from pre season. 

• Like 4

To be honest I dont get this reflection on these players hugging and stuff, these cunts earn over 200k a month this season for a pitiful performance.

They are moving on to new money elsewhere like the bloodsuckers they are, us fans stay here will start again next season.

• Like 2