Ross Stewart

InvictaSaint

12 minutes ago, Andrew Watson said:

Love to be proved wrong,but totally under whelmed by this signing ,not too enamoured with the potential signing of Roberts either. 

I can see how people could be worried about Stewart’s injury problems but being underwhelmed as a whole is pretty bizarre. Take the injury out and it’s a brilliant signing for this level. Most Sunderland fans (a side who finished in the Championship playoffs last season) are gutted to see him go and plenty saying they think he’s the best striker in the division. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Kraken said:

I can see how people could be worried about Stewart’s injury problems but being underwhelmed as a whole is pretty bizarre. Take the injury out and it’s a brilliant signing for this level. Most Sunderland fans (a side who finished in the Championship playoffs last season) are gutted to see him go and plenty saying they think he’s the best striker in the division. 

The only reason I can think of fans being underwhelmed is that they haven't, as yet, come to terms with the level we're at. So they see us going for Championship players and all of a sudden get upset.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

The only reason I can think of fans being underwhelmed is that they haven't, as yet, come to terms with the level we're at. So they see us going for Championship players and all of a sudden get upset.

That's pretty much it. The amount of "we need proven PL players" I've seen this summer is baffling.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

There is/has been a lot of this going on, I think. Reality check.

As I said, I would love to be proved wrong, I have always liked Sunderland and watched their games on tv,to me Stewart is not the quickest and is basically unproven at this level level [ 10 in 12 last season ] if he doubles that here, I will hold my hands up. As for their best player,how about Jack Clarke,who they refuse to sell. Bellis Harewood would be an amazing signing. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Watson said:

As I said, I would love to be proved wrong, I have always liked Sunderland and watched their games on tv,to me Stewart is not the quickest and is basically unproven at this level level [ 10 in 12 last season ] if he doubles that here, I will hold my hands up. As for their best player,how about Jack Clarke,who they refuse to sell. Bellis Harewood would be an amazing signing. 

So you want him to get 20 goals in 12 games?

Apols if I have the wrong end of the stick.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Watson said:

The same Jack Clarke who has a Premier League market? (and a long contract). That to me is an example of the expectations being skewed, we're not signing players like that if we're not in the PL.

6 minutes ago, Andrew Watson said:

On their forum they claim their three best players are 

Clarke 

Stewart 

Roberts 

Not definitive of course, but I guess they'd be best placed to know. 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

On their forum they claim their three best players are 

Clarke 

Stewart 

Roberts 

Not definitive of course, but I guess they'd be best placed to know. 

Diallo was quality last season as well, could have had a PL loan this year but injury put a stop to that.

Edited by S-Clarke

2 hours ago, HKsaint said:

I think we haven’t learnt any lesson from buying championship players when we were in PL as we are now buying a League One player when we are now in championship, or we already know where we are now heading to. 

Wtf? Fraser, Holgate, Flynniesta and THB(if signs) league one players?

13 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Sunderland fans rave about him, I’m listening to them.

My mate from County Durham messaged me this. It’s obviously only one blokes opinion, but he was a decent player himself & knows a bit about the game. 

“A good goal scorer & a huge loss for us going to a rival team. He’s not always fit & had 2 big non contact injuries last 12 months that kept him out for most of last season. Get him fit and he’ll score you goals”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

My mate from County Durham messaged me this. It’s obviously only one blokes opinion, but he was a decent player himself & knows a bit about the game. 

“A good goal scorer & a huge loss for us going to a rival team. He’s not always fit & had 2 big non contact injuries last 12 months that kept him out for most of last season. Get him fit and he’ll score you goals”

Heard similar comments when we signed Tall Paul. 

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

What’s strange is that people find tweets by random absolute nobodies on Twitter and share them as if they’re actually worth acknowledging.

To be fair, this fishy bloke has a few followers and looks like he may have snippets but he's dropped a bollock on this one. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ross Stewart