Ross Stewart

InvictaSaint

5 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Loganair flight leaves Newcastle at 1755, lands Southampton 1910.

It’s just left on time, but is it to East Midlands… could have drove there surely. Carbon footprint. 

Edited by Dr Who?

I must be missing something with Ross Stewart and why Sunderland fans are so happy to sell for that price. Surely it must be completely down to being injury prone? He scored 24 goals for them in 21-22 and until his injury, had 13 goal contributions in 13 games last season in the Championship.

I'm excited about the signing. There seems to be absolutely no doubt on the players ability from the Sunderland side of things, just understandable doubt regarding injuries and his remaining contract length leading to some acceptance of the sale.

Obviously there's the worry that players lose a great deal after an achilles injury, but you'd like to think we've done our due diligence on this area. Fingers crossed we're also happy to commit £10m~ because we've been made aware he's back pre-October, because our September is brutal. 

Just now, Turkish said:

Does anyone actually know how long he'll be out for? or when we can expect to see him.

If Sunderland were planning a behind closed doors game for him during the international break I would think you’re probably looking at mid October, maybe early October if all goes well?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

If Sunderland were planning a behind closed doors game for him during the international break I would think you’re probably looking at mid October, maybe early October if all goes well?

Nice run of games in September to go into without your main striker, depending on who else comes in up front. If anyone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Does anyone actually know how long he'll be out for? or when we can expect to see him.

Sunderland forums were suggesting he’s been in light training and they were trying to organise a behind closed doors friendly in the international break for him.

• Like 2

Just now, The Kraken said:

Sunderland forums were suggesting he’s been in light training and they were trying to organise a behind closed doors friendly in the international break for him.

probably 6-8 weeks to build up match fitness then. So Mid october? 

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Tony Mowbray mentioned third week of September in his press conference a few weeks back, I think. No idea if the timeline has changed since but he suggested he’d be available for selection before the end of September.

Edited by CSA96
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Nice run of games in September to go into without your main striker, depending on who else comes in up front. If anyone.

Far from keen on this. We know Armstrong is unsuited to the centre forward role in this system so we have to bring in anther striker or keep Adams.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Anyone know what meal he's having on the plane? I know it's only a short flight but he's not what I'd call young so surely he's at least hungry?!

No inflight meal but when I flew Loganair to Edinburgh they gave us a Caramel bar with a cup of tea or coffee.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ross Stewart