Ross Stewart

InvictaSaint

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

What’s strange is that people find tweets by random absolute nobodies on Twitter and share them as if they’re actually worth acknowledging.

I dunno, maybe you could moderate that behaviour or something.

2 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

"Hey lads, he's injured?! Did no-one notice?"

They have now as it sounds like he's failed the medical. 

Southampton deals for Ross Stewart and Che Adams collapse (footballinsider247.com)

But, according to another source those reports are wrong:

Contrary to reports, Ross Stewart has not failed a medical at Southampton. The Sunderland and Scotland striker has passed every test so far. The final part of his medical has still to be completed and the move is still on.
Edited by Nordic Saint

4 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I guess how you take this depends on your expectations on Saints usual transfer business??image.png.eb00f1b9fbf7e0540447d11a99257ec7.png

So we’re gonna end up with both him and Che? 

Happy days if true. All aboard HMS p*as the league 

Edited by Raging Bull

1 minute ago, Raging Bull said:

So we’re gonna end up with both him and Che? 

Happy days if true. All aboard HMS p*as the league 

Very much so. Keeping Che and signing Stewart is a great result for this season. I get the feeling Che will likely be pissed off though so he might not sign the new deal offered, which is far from ideal for next season’s funds.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ross Stewart - Official: Signs 3 Year Deal

I think the think to remember is that medicals is that it is not strictly pass/fail. It's a risk assessment and part of the process of handing over liability from one club to the other.

So Ross's medical I guess would have allowed our physios to assess his injury and make a call on his likelihood to play again. And now it's our problem not Sunderland's.

Not a million miles away from having the survey done on a house you are about to buy.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Spitz said:

Genuine question, if he is recovering from a ruptured Achilles, how on earth does he take a medical (presumably including extensive fitness tests), let alone pass one?

They give him a load of painkillers so he can’t feel it then getting him sprinting like a bitch for hours. If he complains he’s failed 

• Haha 2

If he’s back on the grass and working up to match fitness, his medical might have found a fully healed Achilles? My Physio wife says it’s a bad injury but over time can fully heal, fingers crossed. Biggest impact is likely to be to his pace, if it doesn’t heal perfectly then less spring for sprinting.

I’m sure we don’t sign him if the medical gave any concerns. Seemed like we took the full day to do as extensive a medical as possible. 

• Like 2

Welcome Ross - no need to rush him back just yet as we held on to Che and still have AA, Sekou and TP if needed. Even if he's not back until October/November time we should have enough up top now to cover it. I try to follow football through the leagues when I can but oddly the career of Stewart is one that has passed me by so I can only go on what others have said - but the Sunderland fans on their forum seem to have loved him and are annoyed he's left so that's a good sign!

11 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

If he’s back on the grass and working up to match fitness, his medical might have found a fully healed Achilles? My Physio wife says it’s a bad injury but over time can fully heal, fingers crossed. Biggest impact is likely to be to his pace, if it doesn’t heal perfectly then less spring for sprinting.

I’m sure we don’t sign him if the medical gave any concerns. Seemed like we took the full day to do as extensive a medical as possible. 

That could explain the delay, and why he described the day as tiring. I'd assumed he meant mentally, but if he'd a day of tests and being prodded about, that would explain it. 

Regardless, sometimes you've got to take a leap of faith and everything I've seen and read about this lad tells me that, even with an injury, he's much less of a gamble than many of our recent signings.

• Like 1

Potentially a really good signing in a position that needed strengthening. Obviously the hope is that he shows he's fully recovered from the achilles injury which we know is a bad one for sport people. If fit I reckon this guy will score a lot of goals for us and be crucial in our promotion push. Great that we managed to hold on to Che so RS can be eased in gradually and not rushed.

1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

I found this link on the Sunderland forum 3 days after his injury. Seems quite positive

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Ross Stewart
11 hours ago, Andrew Watson said:

We are obviously paying Ross Stewart a lot more money than he earnt at Sunderland,why else would he want to leave a much bigger club and a much better side to join this rabble. I hope he can make a difference,but he will have to create his own chances,as we create so few as a team. 

Exactly what I was thinking, he'll need to pick up the ball on the half way line and beat 9 players to score. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Latest I heard was another 6 or 7 games until he's being considered, which would take us up to end of Oct/Start of nov.

So much for Sunderland having a game lined up for him in August.

Hopefully RM will have been sacked by then. Earlier preferably but I’m not holding my breath 

19 hours ago, Baz Fl said:

Nothing against Ross but he may just be another addition to our list of disastrous striker signings. buying an injured player for a position that has haunted us for 2 seasons is as irresponsible as it is stupid. 

Especially when Piroe was there ready and waiting. 

• Like 1

Anyone know why we did stall on Piroe for so long. When Stewart signed we still had Adams, Armstrong, Mara and Onuachu. So, we could have just signed Piroe earlier anyway. Again, there wasn’t a lot of foresight or forward planning going on this summer from observing outside.

13 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Anyone know why we did stall on Piroe for so long. When Stewart signed we still had Adams, Armstrong, Mara and Onuachu. So, we could have just signed Piroe earlier anyway. Again, there wasn’t a lot of foresight or forward planning going on this summer from observing outside.

My best guess is he thought he could get the same value out of A Armstrong and so didn't go for it.

2 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Its the Southampton way.

We breed fuck ups we don't just buy them.

Edited by Yorkshire Saint