Ross Stewart

InvictaSaint

Is there any reason why he is described as injury prone?

I can literally only see one bad injury in his entire career, which can happen to anyone, so I'm not sure how that equates to him being injury prone. Fair enough, if he had a few ankle injuries over the years etc - but he hasn't.

24 minutes ago, 23rdSaint said:

“Exceptionally smart signing ..,”  seems far from that way to me bearing in mind he might not be fit to play for another 5-6 weeks.

Hope it proves to live up to the billing Alfie House gives it and we’re not left cursing the weeks we had without a decent recognised striker. 

• Like 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Is there any reason why he is described as injury prone?

I can literally only see one bad injury in his entire career, which can happen to anyone, so I'm not sure how that equates to him being injury prone. Fair enough, if he had a few ankle injuries over the years etc - but he hasn't.

Think I saw he had a couple of hamstring strains, nothing really to warrant being called injury prone though.

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Think I saw he had a couple of hamstring strains, nothing really to warrant being called injury prone though.

Yeah, nothing major though - missed weeks at best, which again is pretty common for a lot of players.

He's certainly not injury prone from what I can see.

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah, nothing major though - missed weeks at best, which again is pretty common for a lot of players.

He's certainly not injury prone from what I can see.

Hamstring about 2 years apart followed by this bad one. Wouldn't call it injury prone no

• Like 1

Im actually quite excited about this signing, he looks a top top signing

By the sounds of it Sunderland were planning on a friendly to get him match fit, and he was enquired about for an international call up

So I reckon we’ll lose him for a month maybe.. be interesting to see what we do in his absence but I think we’ll be ok.. A fit Stewart could be integral to a strong promotion push

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Im actually quite excited about this signing, he looks a top top signing

By the sounds of it Sunderland were planning on a friendly to get him match fit, and he was enquired about for an international call up

So I reckon we’ll lose him for a month maybe.. be interesting to see what we do in his absence but I think we’ll be ok.. A fit Stewart could be integral to a strong promotion push

Me too. I didn’t know a lot about him until we were linked earlier in the window but I think him and Harwood-Bellis are going to make a huge difference. Midfield looked good already, defence now looks good and we may just be about the sign the goalscorer we need. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I would have thought that he would have stayed in Sunderland and we would bring him back on Saturday....along with three points!!

Yeah wouldn't Wilcox normally travel with the team ? I expect for this one he's stayed behind to manage chaos.

Bet he can't wait for a break in the international break.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ross Stewart