Been a while since last "where are they now (posters)" thread?

washsaint

I recall one of my friends also a regular poster on Saintsforever back in the 2000s made an account pretending to be a female Southampton fan. The number of messages he got from certain admin and other members at the time welcoming the account to the group was very amusing. Comments like "if there's anything I can do to help let me know" and messages trying to strike up conversation 🤣

Sadly they were quickly sussed out and banned.

Edited by Paul Chuckle
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Paul Chuckle said:

I recall one of my friends also a regular poster on Saintsforever back in the 2000s made an account pretending to be a female Southampton fan. The number of messages he got from certain admin and other members at the time welcoming the account to the group was very amusing. Comments like "if there's anything I can do to help let me know" and messages trying to strike up conversation 🤣

Sadly they were quickly sussed out and banned.

you have to name and shame, or at least provide some clues, you can't leave us hanging like that, its against the rules! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saint George - lived in the USA and a full blown GOP MAGA loon without a good word to say about the UK.

WesTender - disagreed plenty over Brexit, but unlike some avoided personal attacks

Dune - sent me a PM saying he was about to get banned, was off to the UI, and I would miss him.

Edited by badgerx16

Does anyone remember SAF he was the Saint Rob of his day, before twitter was a thing. Wonder what became of him? 

Who was the guy who designed kits? Gecko Saint? 

Looking back at it, it wasn't a bad time being a saints fan. Used to go in pubs on away days and you'd know a fair few people, or if you didn't you soon would from their username on the back shirts.

Wasn't there a short lived Saints Away Supports SAS set up to run coaches to away games? Remember a few of us going to Blackburn on the coach and the female steward who was on Saintsforever confiscating our beer 🤣 I literally can't think of the username but I can visualise them clear as day.

Edited by Paul Chuckle

What was the name of the rather eloquent North American poster who appeared on the forum around the same time as Ralph Kruger appeared on the scene? (And, funnily enough, disappeared around the same time too...). Also had a blog IIRC 

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, trousers said:

What was the name of the rather eloquent North American poster who appeared on the forum around the same time as Ralph Kruger appeared on the scene? (And, funnily enough, disappeared around the same time too...). Also had a blog IIRC 

Ah, just come to me... @Redslo I think...?

And this was his blog: https://redsloscf.blogspot.com/?m=1

Funny how certain posters come and go depending on who's managing/running/owning the club... ;)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Chuckle said:

Does anyone remember SAF he was the Saint Rob of his day, before twitter was a thing. Wonder what became of him? 

Who was the guy who designed kits? Gecko Saint? 

Looking back at it, it wasn't a bad time being a saints fan. Used to go in pubs on away days and you'd know a fair few people, or if you didn't you soon would from their username on the back shirts.

Wasn't there a short lived Saints Away Supports SAS set up to run coaches to away games? Remember a few of us going to Blackburn on the coach and the female steward who was on Saintsforever confiscating our beer 🤣 I literally can't think of the username but I can visualise them clear as day.

@The9 posted a lot about kits, right?

Edited by 23rdSaint

2 hours ago, trousers said:

Ah, just come to me... @Redslo I think...?

And this was his blog: https://redsloscf.blogspot.com/?m=1

Funny how certain posters come and go depending on who's managing/running/owning the club... ;)

I think you're off the mark on this one. He was a fair weather FM-playing lawyer who got into supporting us on the back of our upward trajectory under Pochettino/Koeman, and then swiftly lost interest a few weeks into the Pellegrino era. Bearing in mind what has happened over the subsequent five years, I would like to think that unlike many of us, he might have found a better use of his time. 

Memorably, he would get his secretary to transcribe Saints' press conferences and interviews. I wonder what she thought of it all.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, matthewsj.williams said:Art (I think he lived in France)

As for Giordano, I suspect he is on here as somebody with a username that begins with Gio, but I cannot recall it right now. 

Gio1saints is definitely a reincarnation of someone, just not sure who yet. Smug, yet simultaneously talking cr4p - doesn’t exactly narrow it down much 😂

I miss Art and Bearsy most for their utter randomness. I also strangely enjoyed Alpines total misery.

Dont miss MLG at all, however. So much better here since he left 

20 minutes ago, Chewy said:

😂 I also strangely enjoyed Alpines total misery.

In the end it was quite life affirming. It put my moans into perspective against the truly doom-mongering, and cheered me up.

23 minutes ago, Chewy said:

😂Dont miss MLG at all, however. So much better here since he left 

Most definitely this.

Yeah according to Redslo's blog he has said this

I will explain why I decided write this blog, but first I should address the readers (few as they were) of my prior blog which focused on the Southampton Saints football club and English football in general. Based upon my prior readership level, there could be as many as one hundred people who have set themselves up to be notified whenever I posted a new article.  The next three paragraphs are addressed to those people.

I have not blogged since August 16, 2017.  My job as an appellate lawyer involves reading things, researching things, thinking about things, and then writing about those things.  That is also what I did with this blog.  I stopped blogging because my workload became significantly heavier. This meant that I had less time to focus on our club and I had fewer insights to share about our club and its squad.  Reading the forums and thinking about the concerns expressed on those forums was a fertile source of ideas for my blog, but I could no longer devote a couple hours a day to our club and football in general.  Also, the club’s recent poor performance was simply less interesting to analyze.  Also, the Golden State Warriors provided a nice distraction.