Been a while since last "where are they now (posters)" thread?

washsaint

2 hours ago, LGTL said:

BadBoySaint was/is doing a long stretch in prison. Absolute wrongun.

Roger Beeks was an undercover copper over on B-anter

So many names have gone missing in action over the years. Maverick, Minty, Ponty, Starfish, Al de Man, Javi, StuRomseySaint and his gammy eye, dune. Maybe they just went and all got a life. 

I thought Roger Beeks was a just rumour, was that true? Quite a few interesting characters on that forum. 

Romsey Stu has actually done alright for himself. After a succession of failed entry level sales job and relationships with birds he met on plenty of fish he’s now running a successful business as some sort of Louis Walsh of the YouTube world, he got his gammy eye sorted and is now married, think he might even have a kid. Not bad for a fat, Russell grant lookalike in Ben Sherman shirts

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Romsey Stu has actually done alright for himself. After a succession of failed entry level sales job he’s now running a successful business as some sort of Louis Walsh of the YouTube world, he got his gammy eye sorted and is now married, think he might even have a kid. Not bad for a fat, Russell grant lookalike in Ben Sherman shirts

I’ve said it before but seeing him wearing a Ben Sherman shirt at Derby away after you gave him online pelters for his fashion sense was 🤣

Frank’s cousin , yep, I imagine he’s not with us any more so I’ll watch what I say, but he seemed to love a drink (and then post on forums afterwards).

• Haha 1

Glad to see Guan 2.0, Bearsy and Guided Missile have all turned up at some point over the last 12 months, and I think at least one of them might have even posted something football-related.

2 hours ago, Challenger said:

Who was the gimp who reckoned he was from Kenya or something ?

Used to sign off with the saying " love and light"

Utter troll of the first order.

I know it's only been five minutes but I liked the account of whoever was signing off every post "And that's all I will say on the matter." I'm no Saintsweb Sleuth but I assumed it would have been someone's summer novelty account to tide them over until the season began.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, revolution saint said:

What happened to DellDays and Batman? Different as chalk and cheese but I liked them both.

Um Pahars and Not The Kevin Moore were decent posters too.

his posts on the Wilde, Jim Hone era were fabulous. The desperation to be a fan on the board was something spectacular, right at the heart of the power struggle between various of groups of fans. 

14 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Something horrendous like randomly battering someone over the head with a bat or an iron bar or something. Absolute cunt from the sounds of it.

wasn't it over a can of beer outside a shop? Got quite a stretch for it IIRC

Bridge to Far - ex ballet dancer, i think she was a member of the lib dems

Super Mikey - young lad who wore wrist bands, went to football for some me time

SaintAndy666 - a 17 year old lad whose favourite past time was watching Question Time on a thursday night. Need i say more

Dark Sotonic Mills - disappeared after buying a cat from another poster, saying he'd pay later but never did

Liquidshock - his post at 2am on New Years day "is life really all that?" should be in the golden threads

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Bridge to Far - ex ballet dancer, i think she was a member of the lib dems

SaintAndy666 - a 17 year old lad whose favourite past time was watching Question Time on a thursday night. Need i say more

Dark Sotonic Mills - disappeared after buying a cat from another poster, saying he'd pay later but never did

Liquidshock - his post at 2pm on New Years day "is life really all that?" should be in the golden threads

Forgot about those. Didn't DSM buy the cat from Gill Saint or similar? She disappeared too. 

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It was from her if i remember right. But I don't think JillSaint is with us anymore :( 

I think you're right, didn't she start seeing someone from the old forum or am I confusing her with someone else?

11 minutes ago, mickn said:

I think you're right, didn't she start seeing someone from the old forum or am I confusing her with someone else?

Pompeylass was dating Sir Griff, who IIRC was sadly killed in an incident outside a nightclub. Jill was a different poster who disappeared a while back. Somebody posted that she had also died after a long battle with drug and alcohol problems, although I don’t think that was ever verified. She was the one who had some kittens stolen by DSM, who I once shared a lift with to an away game. Al da Man is alive and well, as is Baj, they just don’t post here any more.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I think it was him I was sat behind with my family in the away end at a match up here. He was mouthing off about "northern monkeys" until I pointed out that the 4 people sat behind him were from Lancashire.

• Haha 1

There’s been some belters over the years, a proper rich array of all that life has to offer. I remember signing up to the old SaintsForever during a secondary school IT lesson. I’m now heading towards the wrong side of 35 😞

Some names I remember:

St Landrew - I won a radio in a quiz which I never entered once and gave it to him.

Ponty - he talked the other mods into making me a mod even though I'm an imbecile. Hope you are well wherever you are Ponty.

hypochondriac - think he's still around?

Jillyanne / Jillsaint - she was a bit of a knob head

saint_stevo - legend 

webmaster@saintsweb.co.uk - never really chatted with him on Saintsweb but he always sent me an email wishing me a happy birthday which was nice

MasterBates - legend

essruu - micropenis

SaintLee - lovely chap

Pancake - just remember lots of text

Dark Sotonic Mills- serious chap

Plastic Saint - used to make me laugh and had about 40 personas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thesaint sfc said:

Who was the indian kid from Watford? I used to play Gears of War with him. 

Started as Buzzin Orn and then got a new username. 

A couple from your list are no longer with us. Wonder if Essruu is still obsessed with Apple?

1 hour ago, egg said:

Forgot about those. Didn't DSM buy the cat from Gill Saint or similar? She disappeared too. 

He did, she posted all about it properly outed him. He took the cat saying it was present for his daughter promising to pay later and never did, then said he couldn’t afford it or something like that 

Jill passed away a few years ago sadly 

56 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Pompeylass was dating Sir Griff, who IIRC was sadly killed in an incident outside a nightclub. Jill was a different poster who disappeared a while back. Somebody posted that she had also died after a long battle with drug and alcohol problems, although I don’t think that was ever verified. She was the one who had some kittens stolen by DSM, who I once shared a lift with to an away game. Al da Man is alive and well, as is Baj, they just don’t post here any more.

Does Baj still think he’s in Kasabian?

29 minutes ago, washsaint said:

Blimey, so many posters and so many memories!  Completely forgot about Franks Cousin: wonder whatever happened to him?  Catgate was one to remember too!

Frank's Cousin is alive and well and living in the Scottish Borders with his wife and child. Heard from him at the beginning of this month.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Maggie May said:

Roger Beeks

Crouchie

Ponty

saintkiptanui

ascoli

Johnny Fart Pants

Montys turban 

Crab Lungs 

Colbury 

Redandwhitepanda

Rulebook ric 

Maverick 

Saintlee 

Javi

Dave Benson Philips

Benthelegend

Pap (was a weirdo) 

Edited by hypochondriac

18 hours ago, The Kraken said:

1) Alpine, his ignorance and downright negativity were just something to behold and he had the thinnest skin ever so just ended up winding himself up all the time.

I recall a post where Alpine and Glasgow/(Heisenberg?) were having a right ding dong about something, possibly in the off season, batting posts back and forth, then it was like - hang on! the point of view just flipped - I butted in and commented "It must be weird and hard work to post as 2 people and argue with yourself!"  Sometime that same day I got a PM from Glasgow asking me politely, but firmly, to edit my post: which I thought was weird.

Not surprised Dubai became Polski Phil - I would have followed his other half wherever she told me to go too.

Wasn't Bearsys "wingman" on many posts Tokyo Saint

Someone else not seen on here for years, not sure she spent much time after the original switch to Saintsweb - Slipped Halo her mate was Stellabird - I'm still in touch with Slipped.

14 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

As an aside, I'd be interested to know who has changed screen name from what to what? I'm sure some of the posters haven't disappeared, just re branded. Likewise  who has multiple accounts. 

Yep. There are a few that I suspect have more than one log in, and there's definitely many re brands.