Been a while since last "where are they now (posters)" thread?

washsaint

Over the years there have been so many characters that were central to this, and the SaintsForever, forum.  In the absence of anything to complain about right now from a Saints perspective, if you were to name 4 posters that used to be prolific and are conspicuous by their absence who would they be?  Mine are:

1) Dubai_Phil - who could ever forget his countless tales of golfing prowess and name dropping.  Didn't he end up living in Poland?

2) Guided Missile - always managed to wind up so many on here (and SaintsForever) with his posts.  People just could not stop themselves responding!

3) Bad Boy Saint - complete plonker - whatever happened to him?

4) Help Me Rhonda - less said about this one the better!

It seems incredible that so many years have been passed since first posting on Andy Mintrams forum (Marching In?) through SaintForever (who could ever forget LeggGate?) to this iteration.  Reckon many of the posters who have remained on the forums must be, like me, mid 50s and older now!

1) Alpine, his ignorance and downright negativity were just something to behold and he had the thinnest skin ever so just ended up winding himself up all the time.

2) MLG, a monumental pain in the arse of a man but he brought a lot of good information to the forum. He has his own reasons for taking a break from here but by all accounts he gets his online fix of being an objectionable prick solely on Twitter these days where he has quickly forged himself a reputation akin to on here.

3) Dig Dig and Charlie. Diggers seem to be back but only in a very limited capacity. The regular double act they put on was humorous.

4) TWar. Rumours are abound that he’s posting as someone else which seems entirely likely, but his know-it-all bluffery was regularly entertaining. I particularly enjoyed him telling Turkish that he knew nothing about football then in the next sentence claimed Alphonso Davies to be one of the best right backs in the world.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Badboysaints was a strange one I spoke to him at length in my youth where he confessed to being a neo-Nazi (which is silly since neo-Nazi's wouldn't actually confess to that). Last thing I remember was someone calling him fat boy, him shaking with anger, puffing out his cheeks like some kind of lizard warning off predictors and being carried out of St Mary's, disappearing into the background with everyone cheering, like Miss Trunchball at the end of Matilda.

Another memory was him claiming he'd spit on Alan Ball's grave and saying he was going to scream "SKATE BASTARD" during the silence we had for him, only to just bow his head and observe it like a normal person.

Hope he's sorted himself out though, I think he was/is roughly the same age as me which would put him in his early-mid 30's now so there's every chance he may have turned it around.

BadBoySaint was/is doing a long stretch in prison. Absolute wrongun.

Roger Beeks was an undercover copper over on B-anter

So many names have gone missing in action over the years. Maverick, Minty, Ponty, Starfish, Al de Man, Javi, StuRomseySaint and his gammy eye, dune. Maybe they just went and all got a life. 

Edited by LGTL

15 minutes ago, LGTL said:

BadBoySaint was/is doing a long stretch in prison. Absolute wrongun.

Roger Beeks was an undercover copper over on B-anter

So many names have gone missing in action over the years. Maverick, Minty, Ponty, Starfish, Al de Man, Javi, StuRomseySaint and his gammy eye, dune. Maybe they just went and all got a life. 

What for? Very very sad but not remotely surprising.

Morph was a genuinely interesting one. Highly active around the takeover times, it felt like he was one of the key figures involved, or if not was being deployed by one to drip feed information on their behalf. Always dropping teasing little morsels, more than the average punter would know but never enough to give himself away. Posted sparingly enough that it didn’t feel like he was just a wind-up merchant or bullshitter (although he could have been for all I know), it always felt very targeted. Always very refined and careful with his posts too, until that time he got wasted and went on a rant about Andrew Cowan, of all people. 

Disappeared once we got bought, I think?

All IMHO of course. 

50 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Badboysaints was a strange one I spoke to him at length in my youth where he confessed to being a neo-Nazi (which is silly since neo-Nazi's wouldn't actually confess to that). Last thing I remember was someone calling him fat boy, him shaking with anger, puffing out his cheeks like some kind of lizard warning off predictors and being carried out of St Mary's, disappearing into the background with everyone cheering, like Miss Trunchball at the end of Matilda.

Another memory was him claiming he'd spit on Alan Ball's grave and saying he was going to scream "SKATE BASTARD" during the silence we had for him, only to just bow his head and observe it like a normal person.

Hope he's sorted himself out though, I think he was/is roughly the same age as me which would put him in his early-mid 30's now so there's every chance he may have turned it around.

Edited

Edited by Tamesaint

Pap used to be quite amusing up until he threw himself down the conspiracy rabbit hole and couldn't pull himself out.

Is Pancake still around? Not seen him post in years.

Former mod Saintlee sadly passed away a few years ago at what would have been a relatively young age. And of course more recently another forum stalwart Minsk departed, but leaving a lasting legacy of the points comparison thread (currently fallowed due to our relegation, of course). 

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, trousers said:

Nineteen Canteen

1 hour ago, Saint Billy said:

Omg, forgot about him, a slightly odd person.

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

A slight understatement, he was a rampant loony.

I got to know him a bit, away from the forum, and he was a really nice guy. 

And definitely one of the more interesting posters from the golden age of SWF. 

Who was the fella who typed all his posts in a weird colour, yellow I think. 

As said above, Bearsy was brilliant. Some of his stuff had me properly laughing. His partner in crime Tokyo Saint was decent too. 

Just now, egg said:

Who was the fella who typed all his posts in a weird colour, yellow I think. 

As said above, Bearsy was brilliant. Some of his stuff had me properly laughing. His partner in crime Tokyo Saint was decent too. 

Edit. Answered above.