Been a while since last "where are they now (posters)" thread?

washsaint

1 hour ago, sandwichsaint said:

I met Sandlemore a few times.

Bungle? There's a Bungle on a couple of cycling boards.

Weren't they a husband and wife who shared a login? I thought it was S and L Moore.

Once saw the bloke put his Saints shirt on over a hoody in the pub before walking to St Mary's. FFS.

Gemmill

Squibby 

Colin_T

Griff (RIP)

SaintTim 

Great away days and nights out in the early 2000s with those guys. 

Few people who used to post a lot

Pompey Lass

Pompey Chimes 

SAF

SaintTana

POTS

Lady Saint

Um Pahars

Maverick

Caged Tigers

CurlySaint

POTS Sister can't remember her username

Giordano - remember him turning up at a saintsforever Xmas party (yes they were a thing) wearing Leather trousers and a vest, top bloke. 

Javi - he'd randomly be in the pub at away games thinking he was some local celeb. 

Probably think of some more.

11 hours ago, The Cat said:

Weren't they a husband and wife who shared a login? I thought it was S and L Moore.

Once saw the bloke put his Saints shirt on over a hoody in the pub before walking to St Mary's. FFS.

That was two wives ago, he got disillusioned with a lot of the crap on here but is fit and well, still living in the area !

• Like 2

talking of former posters many, many years ago in the days when the old Saintsforever stopped being more of a lads place and tried to appeal to the wider fan base, which meant a load of geeks arrived with their seat plans and "what name are you getting on you shirt this season?" threads, i recall getting a number of threatening messages off a girl on here who said she was going to make my life hell if i didn't stop taking the piss out of Steve Grant.

In fact the infamous Prick on Stick thread, which featured Steves head on a stick was the catalyst for the b-anter forum to take off and also saw the great mongboard battles 2003-2007 where the lads on B-anter would come across to saintsforever and take the forum for the day, arrive on the main board early and give it large to anyone who stood in our way. Glorious times. Im sure these days that sort of behaviour would result in lifetimes bans and posts reported to the police but they were glorious times. You youngsters dont know what you missed out on.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

talking of former posters many, many years ago in the days when the old Saintsforever stopped being more of a lads place and tried to appeal to the wider fan base, which meant a load of geeks arrived with their seat plans and "what name are you getting on you shirt this season?" threads, i recall getting a number of threatening messages off a girl on here who said she was going to make my life hell if i didn't stop taking the piss out of Steve Grant.

In fact the infamous Prick on Stick thread, which featured Steves head on a stick was the catalyst for the b-anter forum to take off and also saw the great mongboard battles 2003-2007 where the lads on B-anter would come across to saintsforever and take the forum for the day, arrive on the main board early and give it large to anyone who stood in our way. Glorious times. Im sure these days that sort of behaviour would result in lifetimes bans and posts reported to the police but they were glorious times. You youngsters dont know what you missed out on.

2005/6 peak ... good days!

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

2005/6 peak ... good days!

the days when you could post images of peoples heads on stick and the twin towers falling down with a posters image between them and no one got offended. Forums have gone soft!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Was that Stephanie? ;)

I wasted days and nights on the early iterations of the Boards, it was certainly a raw experience and can't remember any bans, despite a lot of people making a huge effort.  Free speech writ large, and periods of comedy gold.

I used to love the cut and thrust with Corp Ho, and some of the less sensory fish molesters.  He and I ended up in a DM state of equilibrium and mutual respect whilst Rupert took our club down the shitter.  I miss Gemmill too, old school Saints fan and sound as a pound.     

6 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Was that Stephanie? ;)

I wasted days and nights on the early iterations of the Boards, it was certainly a raw experience and can't remember any bans, despite a lot of people making a huge effort.  Free speech writ large, and periods of comedy gold.

I used to love the cut and thrust with Corp Ho, and some of the less sensory fish molesters.  He and I ended up in a DM state of equilibrium and mutual respect whilst Rupert took our club down the shitter.  I miss Gemmill too, old school Saints fan and sound as a pound.     

No it was Michelle 🙂 

No bans, no threads being locked, no posts deleted, no infraction points, it was sheer unbridled fuckoffery, no holds barred people going at it toe to toe. Some of the threads would have me crying with laughter. TUI was the same, used to be comedy gold  the bangkok Dave/Stolen identity era was a particular high point but it all started getting very serious and now it's dull as anything.

I always found Romsey Stus posts offering to meet people for a chat if they fell out with him. Im sure if they knew him more would have taken up the offer 🤣

Edited by Turkish

Couple of others 

There was that guy who was obsessed with Leandre Griffit, believed he was the next Thierry Henry. Don't recall his username but he had a haircut like Toadie from neighbours when he was first on the show?

Ewell_Saint was an interesting character as well. 

Sir Pav who was an admin on a power trip. Loved an !!!! After every sentence. I seem to recall an account set up called Pavs Explanation mark 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

No it was Michelle 🙂 

No bans, no threads being locked, no posts deleted, no infraction points, it was sheer unbridled fuckoffery, no holds barred people going at it toe to toe. Some of the threads would have me crying with laughter. TUI was the same, used to be comedy gold  the bangkok Dave/Stolen identity era was a particular high point but it all started getting very serious and now it's dull as anything.

I always found Romsey Stus posts offering to meet people for a chat if they fell out with him. Im sure if they knew him more would have taken up the offer 🤣

Wonder if they still exist somewhere in the ether, or perhaps on one of Keith's hard drives in the attic?  Be great to have a proper read through - nostalgia.  I daren't work out the cost to my career in terms of lost hours, but on balance worth it.

Lots of offering out into the 'real world' went on, fucking top chumpery!

3 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

Back then it was the trend to have your Saintsforever username on the back of your shirt. Recall seeing shirts with 

Al De Man, Rule Book Ric, Lady Saint, SandLMoore on the back along with others I've probably forgot 

oh yes so it was, i'd tried to blank that out but you have brought it all back. I remember pictures of their meet up they used to proudly share. I also seem to remember a load of them went on a preseason trip to Sweden and there were lots of pictures uploaded of the scenery but with the backs or sides of hot women in them in the distance. i'm sure they ended up bagging them that night as what swedish woman wouldnt want an overweight, scruffy geek football fan with their forum username across the back of their shirt.

• Haha 1

Who was it over on B-anter that threatened to sue everyone and get his lawyer involved 😂. Was it Crouchie?

The best thread ever IMO was the Ted Bates statue thread. I had tears rolling down my face every single time I read it. That thread went viral across the internet too. Notable mention to Amygate of course. 

Edited by LGTL
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

No it was Michelle 🙂 

Talking about no bans I did once get banned around that time for a week.............wasn't there a few from Fair Oak, FOS and a youngster Scott something or something Scott 

34 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Didn't he have a Suzuki Vitara?  Should have told everyone all they need to know ;) 

I can’t think you might be right, I remember he had another shit car as well, think it may have been a vectra but used to go on about how good it was 

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

The absolute peak of forumming. The nefarious DoC; Richard Evans; big Chris and the rest of the work gang; gotcha. What a time to be online.

it was such a great time to be online that some posters managed to do they weekly shop at Tesco in St Helens in under 8 minutes, such was their commitment to posting on TUI.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

He spends most of his time correcting peoples spelling on Twitter now.
Or arguing with people on Twitter simply because they have a different opinion to him. 😂

That's exactly what Twitter is for. It got beyond tedious watching him get into the same old scrapes with the usual handful on here. Knowing that he's unleashing the full force of his pedantry upon millions of unsuspecting twits gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, particularly as I don't have to witness it every other day anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

He spends most of his time correcting peoples spelling on Twitter now.
Or arguing with people on Twitter simply because they have a different opinion to him. 😂

Don’t forget that under the rules of ‘burden of proof’ the onus is on you to prove your statements. 

• Haha 1

Those 05/06 years were probably peak, you had all the takeover nonsense going on as well - people spotting Paul Allen's boat down at Ocean Village, checking for earlobe sizes in the directors box at games.

I think that's when we had a couple of people on here who were massively fooled by Saint_David...? (i think that was him) Saintlee was sadly pulled in to that one, who I believe is no longer with us.

It was a weird period where you had HelpMeRhonda and several other plants from proposed tyre kickers. We had a little revert back to those years last season when we had Nathan Jones family posting on here, even though they were absolutely not his family (it was just a coincidence that they started posting when he joined, and vanished when he left)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Those 05/06 years were probably peak, you had all the takeover nonsense going on as well - people spotting Paul Allen's boat down at Ocean Village, checking for earlobe sizes in the directors box at games.

I think that's when we had a couple of people on here who were massively fooled by Saint_David...? (i think that was him) Saintlee was sadly pulled in to that one, who I believe is no longer with us.

It was a weird period where you had HelpMeRhonda and several other plants from proposed tyre kickers. We had a little revert back to those years last season when we had Nathan Jones family posting on here, even though they were absolutely not his family (it was just a coincidence that they started posting when he joined, and vanished when he left)

The Mike Wilde "mike asked me to ask you" era when he used Keith legg to get the fans on side. ONe of the funniest posts i ever saw was a picture someone did of Mike Wilde walking a dog with Keiths face put on the dog 🤣  These were the days before face in the hole etc where you had to take a bit for time over it, was frigging hilarious

• Haha 2

Amazing how at the mention of a long forgotten username, their profile pic pops straight into your head.

What ever happened to Saint David? Very religious as I remember and became very insulting one night at the slightest sniff of me being an atheist. I cried religious persecution to the mods but they were having none of it. Bah.