Che Adams

TopGun

Very poor if we let him go. My fears are coming true as we are losing players close to the end of the transfer window. Players we will not be able to replace at this level. At least Leicester did not put on a front and sold their players early on and now are more settled because of it. If Tella goes as well are promotion chances will drop massively. 

5 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

If Adams goes, it's likely to be Piroe lined up.  Needs to be. 

Hope so. This report seems to suggest the rumours of him agreeing a new contract are premature, the manager says he doesn’t know if they’ll be able to keep him.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/michael-duff-pleads-ignorance-over-27555227

Just now, The Kraken said:

Hope so. This report seems to suggest the rumours of him agreeing a new contract are premature, the manager says he doesn’t know if they’ll be able to keep him.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/michael-duff-pleads-ignorance-over-27555227

May well be behind the scenes matters running their course - Adams lined up once price met, Piroe in wings but agent getting twitchy.  If Che goes for £15m pretty much like  for like in terms of fee and Saints getting a player three years younger.  I hope so too, as think Piroe has more to his game than Che. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Miltonaggro said:

May well be behind the scenes matters running their course - Adams lined up once price met, Piroe in wings but agent getting twitchy.  If Che goes for £15m pretty much like  for like in terms of fee and Saints getting a player three years younger.  I hope so too, as think Piroe has more to his game than Che. 

I really haven’t seen any of Piroe to comment, but his goal scoring record for Swansea is decent. Also at 6 foot 1 he would give us a much needed bit of height up top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

I don’t know, as Che has experience at premier league level and is playing below that at the moment. Che knows the club and the players that he is playing with, with most being in the premier league with him. Time will tell, but I bet we will be back to shouting that we need a better striker later on in the season if Che and Tella both go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

I really haven’t seen any of Piroe to comment, but his goal scoring record for Swansea is decent. Also at 6 foot 1 he would give us a much needed bit of height up top.

It is a bit of an unknown. Let’s hope it works out, but I think it is a shame, but must be shaving the wage bill is what the concern is? 

Just now, Dr Who? said:

I don’t know, as Che has experience at premier league level and is playing below that at the moment. Che knows the club and the players that he is playing with, with most being in the premier league with him. Time will tell, but I bet we will be back to shouting that we need a better striker later on in the season if Che and Tella both go.

Agree to a large extent.  I've really enjoyed watching him this season and he would be a major asset in terms of the way he pulls defenders around and makes space for himself (a level thing), but I think he is gone so we have to focus on replacement.  Piroe is more of a target man, not pacy, but capable of all kinds of goals, including headers - imagine that ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

It is a bit of an unknown. Let’s hope it works out, but I think it is a shame, but must be shaving the wage bill is what the concern is? 

Yeah I’m sure that’s a factor. As is getting £15m now rather than nothing next season. Also we don’t know if Adams has been agitating for a move or what, we do know he was left out of the first couple of starting lineups due to a possible impending move. I know I’d prefer for him to stay but it’s looked likely that he’ll be off for a while so just got to hope that the replacement (whether it’s Piroe or whoever) gets done very quickly.

Said it before and will again, it’s really shit that the season kicks off with nearly 4 weeks of the window remaining.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

No.

Says a lot about the fanbase's current mentality that this is the reaction. The club have a lot of work to do.

Whilst not yet official, hes clearly gone... Way too much smoke for no fire/ 

• Like 1

I think the comment has already been made in this thread that, like a lot of players, Che thinks he's better than he actually is.

If the situation was viewed with any logic he would be thinking "this is my level, I'm going to score a lot of goals in this league this season, that will make me an automatic for Scotland and I can carry my form into internationals"

But he wont, he'll somehow think he can score loads of goals for Everton, save them singlehanded and have a statue plonked up next to the one of Dixie Dean!!

6 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

I think the comment has already been made in this thread that, like a lot of players, Che thinks he's better than he actually is.

If the situation was viewed with any logic he would be thinking "this is my level, I'm going to score a lot of goals in this league this season, that will make me an automatic for Scotland and I can carry my form into internationals"

But he wont, he'll somehow think he can score loads of goals for Everton, save them singlehanded and have a statue plonked up next to the one of Dixie Dean!!

Agree, but that's the nature of professional sportsmen and rightly so. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

But as a professional footballer you need that mentality. 

Just now, beatlesaint said:

oh yeah I know that but I still dont get what Everton have seen in his record over the last 3 years that makes them think he';s gonna score them enough goals.

Desperation and looking like they are trying to do something. I’m just not sure what. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

He was a genuine Duracell bunny up front for Blackburn, a bit like Kevin Phillips at his best, we are starting to see some of that now.  in my opinion, like Phillips, put him alongside a savvy capable target man and we could be in for a very enjoyable season in terms of penalty box action.  

Just now, Miltonaggro said:

He was a genuine Duracell bunny up front for Blackburn, a bit like Kevin Phillips at his best, we are starting to see some of that now.  in my opinion, like Phillips, put him alongside a savvy capable target man and we could be in for a very enjoyable season in terms of penalty box action.  

For sale, at the right price.

21 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

He's 27 and they are probably offering him a contract worth about £20 million to him. Or he can play on reduced wages in the Championship.

Simple as that 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

oh yeah I know that but I still dont get what Everton have seen in his record over the last 3 years that makes them think he';s gonna score them enough goals.

They're skint and he's cheap. He has scored goals in the division, and he's a great foil for someone else, like he was alongside Ings.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

21 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

I make you right, there will not be a replacement just the trimming of the wage bill. 

I’m reasonably confident we’ll bring in a replacement for Adams and any others that leave. Just think we need to confirm the outgoing before we bring in the incoming.

• Like 3

Just now, The Kraken said:

I’m reasonably confident we’ll bring in a replacement for Adams and any others that leave. Just think we need to confirm the outgoing before we bring in the incoming.

But why though isn’t Salisu, JWP, Lavia etc money enough plus look at wages off the books like Walcott And Ely.

it’s not like we now have a massive squad look at bench on Saturday for instance. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Are you honestly worried that he will get his head turned by Ipswich? When he's scored 3 in 3 games and has Russell Martin singing his praises in BBC interviews. 

No you're not, you're just a WUM and we see you

• Like 3

Just now, Patches O Houlihan said:

Are you honestly worried that he will get his head turned by Ipswich? When he's scored 3 in 3 games and has Russell Martin singing his praises in BBC interviews. 

No you're not, you're just a WUM and we see you

No. You have just made that up.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

But why though isn’t Salisu, JWP, Lavia etc money enough plus look at wages off the books like Walcott And Ely.

it’s not like we now have a massive squad look at bench on Saturday for instance. 

Don’t know the financial ins and outs but the club spent utterly huge amounts last summer and January, the squad was big so the wage bill was likely huge too. I see what we’ve done so far as offsetting that somewhat, though I don’t think it covers all like you say Martin has said himself that the squad size has come down a little, but it hasn’t been reduced massively (we sold Orsic, Diallo, Salisu, Livramento, JWP, Lavia, loaned out DCC, released Elmo, Walcott and Willy; that’s 10 out offset by buying Manning, Charles and Lumley, Downes looks on the way, and we’ve brought back Stephens, Tella and Smallbone). So, really, the squad size has only come down by 3, and it looks like Sam A-A, Doyle, Ballard and Doyle are going to get more opportunities with the first team. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Or.. Everton would likely double his wages and he’s also back in the prem.. similarly to Gnonto who is trying to force a move there.. its an easy gamble, try and get a relegation clause inserted into the contract, guarantee some better wages and competition for a year.. worst case you get relegated and could probably try and get a move again.. I think Everton, as shit as they are, will get away with it again because the PL is so weak this year anyway

The difference I ‘suppose’ with Che is he has an option of seeing out his contract and being available for free next year and so can probably negotiate a better contract somewhere, but again, you have a risk of significant injury etc

Gut feel is he’ll go for around 15m and we’ll get Holgate

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

All well and good but you've forgotten one key element - money!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, derry said:

Just watched the Sky transfer program. The only mention he got was we had turned down Everton's £12m bid. If it really is that close I would have thought they would have been all over it.

Think the latest is that £15m has changed SFC’s mind and he’s off. Personally I’ve previously been one of those critical of Che but that’s when we were in the Prem under clueless Managers. He has shown over the last 3 matches that the Championship is the level where he can shine and for that reason his value to us off-sets his 1 year contract.

That leaves a dilemma - is he a Championship striker at circa £15m value or a fledgling Prem striker at say £25m+?  Probably somewhere in between, so to my mind we’ll have our pants pulled down if we sell him to Everton (who are desperate) for £15m up front or less. We should be setting his value at £20m…take it or leave it.

• Like 3

Che Zach Everton Fred Adams, so there is a massive chance he may decide to go there.

I was sceptical that Everton was his middle name after somebody replied to me on twitter, perhaps he was right afterall

Edited by OldNick

3 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

He had Harvey Elliott teeing them up at Blackburn, which would have helped...

1 hour ago, Dr Who? said:

Is because of the semi final 84?

Always been a vile side, John Bailey, Heath at Highbury and the aftermath, horrible away fixture, attitude around Beattie and Koeman moves.  Good side for spell in 80s under Kendall but that's forty years ago and the delusion is bizarre, scenes last year of players being stopped and abused outside ground were extreme.  If Adams wants in on that then fine, hope we pass them on way up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Che Zach Everton Fred Adams, so there is a massive chance he may decide to go there.

I was sceptical that Everton was his middle name after somebody replied to me on twitter, perhaps he was right afterall

Adams has previously confirmed it’s nothing to do with the club, Everton is his dad’s name.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Adams has previously confirmed it’s nothing to do with the club, Everton is his dad’s name.

Ok, just passing on. If his middle name was Saints, no doubt we would hope it was a love of us. I did say in reply he must have done it by deed poll if true, unless his parents were Toffee fans

Why not offer Che an enhanced contract  with a major bonus if we’re promoted and a £10m release clause from next June either way? He might say “no”, but I dont see why the choice is between “sell” and “lose him for nothing in the summer”.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

Why not offer Che an enhanced contract  with a major bonus if we’re promoted and a £10m release clause from next June either way? He might say “no”, but I dont see why the choice is between “sell” and “lose him for nothing in the summer”.

Do you offer the other squad members the same am sure their agents would love that!

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams