Che Adams

TopGun

On 27/08/2023 at 07:19, Barsiem said:

Calling Ballard an upgrade is ridiculous.  He's barely played for the first team.  We all hope he will be a great player but he isn't ready to be our main striker yet, hence why players like Mara are being put onto the pitch over him.

Try to understand the words “long term” before getting so excited. 

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

With their efforts to sign my mate Beto, have Everton now moved on? Similar style of striker, big, powerful target men, so would seem to strange to sign both.

I guess a lot of it depends on Calvert Lewin and if they think he can last a season without getting injured. Will need some kind of cover I suppose. Maupay hasn't exactly lit up the place, but the same could be said for Adams if he makes the move. He's not an out and out goalscorer. 

36 minutes ago, Chez said:

With their efforts to sign my mate Beto, have Everton now moved on? Similar style of striker, big, powerful target men, so would seem to strange to sign both.

Not sure Everton are in the mix for him at all now, that door is shut.

It's Palace and Bournemouth we need to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Professor said:

Try to understand the words “long term” before getting so excited. 

Nice patronising response.... Pray tell how losing Adams now will help us if the replacement you reference is not yet ready to replace him.  Surely in that case you should be advocating keeping him until Ballard is ready, not beforehand?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Nice patronising response.... Pray tell how losing Adams now will help us if the replacement you reference is not yet ready to replace him.  Surely in that case you should be advocating keeping him until Ballard is ready, not beforehand?

So far they've got players in all correct and have improved the squad.

This just feels a MASSIVE make or break and we can't get this wrong especially as we've sold Tella.

I pray he signs, If he doesn't can always sell him in January if needs be.

I do wonder if, perhaps like AA, he isn’t really at premier league level which perhaps only makes him an afterthought buy for the more successful clubs. Perhaps he doesn’t see the point of going to a club which he thinks might struggle this year. His prem stats aren’t exactly earth shattering.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/10905/Ché-Adams/stats

2 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

So far they've got players in all correct and have improved the squad.

This just feels a MASSIVE make or break and we can't get this wrong especially as we've sold Tella.

I pray he signs, If he doesn't can always sell him in January if needs be.

Maybe offer him a 3-year deal with a decent pay rise and add a condition that, if we don't get promoted, he can leave for a realistic fee.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SNSUN said:

I'm surprised nobody has gone for him so far. I think there is a good player in Iheanacho.

he hid it well when missing all those chances at SMS last season. He was flying a couple of seasons before. Not sure where/how it went wrong after that. 

3 hours ago, Chez said:

he hid it well when missing all those chances at SMS last season. He was flying a couple of seasons before. Not sure where/how it went wrong after that. 

I remember his finishing being ridiculous when he broke through at Man City! I guess part of it is the difference made by playing in a world class team vs a poor team.

I've been a big critic of Che over the past few years. His finishing has been appalling and imo, is a big part in why we find ourselves in the championship.

However, he's clearly a cut above the championship, as already shown and I genuinely think he suits Martin's style down to the ground. 

Feels like he's playing with confidence at the minute and keeping him would leave me confident of challenging the top 2. Had he started against Norwich, I think we'd be 4/4 right now, such is the impact he has when he comes on. 

I have my doubts if he's the answer longer term, but I'm desperate for him to stay this season. 

We're not getting anyone in who is of the same quality as him for £12-£15m or whatever we sell him for. 

If Stephens is out for a while, I wonder if the prospect of a season with the armband will encourage him to sign a new deal..?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dman said:

I've been a big critic of Che over the past few years. His finishing has been appalling and imo, is a big part in why we find ourselves in the championship.

However, he's clearly a cut above the championship, as already shown and I genuinely think he suits Martin's style down to the ground. 

Feels like he's playing with confidence at the minute and keeping him would leave me confident of challenging the top 2. Had he started against Norwich, I think we'd be 4/4 right now, such is the impact he has when he comes on. 

I have my doubts if he's the answer longer term, but I'm desperate for him to stay this season. 

We're not getting anyone in who is of the same quality as him for £12-£15m or whatever we sell him for. 

If Stephens is out for a while, I wonder if the prospect of a season with the armband will encourage him to sign a new deal..?

Interesting way of solving the issue and the romantic in me hopes that would sway him too.
We all realise though that is the ££ and length of contract on offer that’s the main thing.

And on that subject I think, only IMO that whilst the weekly money we are offering might be “alright” we are probably not offering another 3 years. And that’s down to his age and, frankly, previous goal scoring record in the EPL.
IF Palace Boscombe or Fulham or a n other offer him three years at EPL wages I think he would be mad not to take it.

I think Saints would, on balance, be a bit foolhardy to offer it- so Captain or no I think he’s leaving - if a suitable offer comes in that is. No desperate £15m cash last minute offers accepted for example. 

3 minutes ago, Wimborne_saint said:

Che was playing golf with A.Armstrong, S.Armstrong, Bednarek and Charles today. So doesn't look like any move away is massively advanced. 

Sounds like a good bye round, to be honest. 

Why wasn't he training? Why is he in the right frame of mind to play golf but not for us? 

His agent is dotting the I's and crossing the T's whilst he finishes his round then heads down to Bournemouth for the medical. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Everton are a joke. A £25m transfer with no money paid until the next financial year. Why would we even dream of letting Sulemana go on loan. Although we needed a centre back by taking Holgate we relieved Everton of a salary burden they can't afford. In my view the whole transfer market is rediculous. The prices being paid because of instalments and lengthy contracts are distorted. If the clubs had to pay the whole fee up front it would reduce prices dramatically.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, derry said:

Everton are a joke. A £25m transfer with no money paid until the next financial year. Why would we even dream of letting Sulemana go on loan. Although we needed a centre back by taking Holgate we relieved Everton of a salary burden they can't afford. In my view the whole transfer market is rediculous. The prices being paid because of instalments and lengthy contracts are distorted. If the clubs had to pay the whole fee up front it would reduce prices dramatically.

Deferring the entire payment until the following year is insanity. If they go down they will be beyond screwed. Expect they will stay up though... 

Edited by hypochondriac

23 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Deferring the entire payment until the fopwong year is insanity. If they go down they will be beyond screwed. Expect they will stay up though... 

They've got lucky with some  of the rubbish teams in it this year 

22 hours ago, Wimborne_saint said:

Che was playing golf with A.Armstrong, S.Armstrong, Bednarek and Charles today. So doesn't look like any move away is massively advanced. 

I wonder what course, one in the forest direction clearly he's trying it out before move to Bournemouth. If it was anything north of Winchester then it'll be Palace, and anything east he's off to Brighton.

Only way to know for sure he's staying is he was halfway round the muni course.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

I wonder what course, one in the forest direction clearly he's trying it out before move to Bournemouth. If it was anything north of Winchester then it'll be Palace, and anything east he's off to Brighton.

Only way to know for sure he's staying is he was halfway round the muni course.

I heard he was Wandering around the course. And saying he was Hungry. Hungry like a Wolf.

He's going to Wolves he's going to Wolves I tells ya

• Haha 1

So according to Saints Extra Martin states there are 3 scenarios 

Che stays.

Che leaves and we replace him.

Che stays and we sign someone else .

I can think of another Che leaves and we don’t replace him . 

I’d be shocked if Che stays and we sign another striker , I’d wouldn’t be shocked if Che left and we didn’t sign a replacement . 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams