Che Adams

TopGun

1 hour ago, Paulwantsapint81 said:

Che needs to play & score between now & new year

if he does his value at worst stays the same to saints & rises to himself for:

new saints contract 

January move

free agent come summer 

Exactly this and he has never come across as the spoiled brat type who will down tools. When he has played this season he has looked our best striker for me he would be on the bench tomorrow. One or two others need to earn reintegration into the squad but not Che.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sfc4prem said:

The kit just fucking suits him. Hope he really starts blazing a trail until January. I imagine he'll have some suitors in January from the PL if he does.

I guess it’ll depend on how we’re doing. I imagine a new contract will be more appealing than a relegation battle if we are 10 points clear of 3rd place come Jan. im not saying he’ll stay in Jan , but we won’t  be in the conversation if we’re midtable by then. 

59 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

Assuming we could have got £10m for him, and assuming he leaves next summer, then I guess we're 'paying' some £260k a week for his services for this season.

... hope the goals come!

(£10m/45 + £35k week wages that I think I read he's on)

That would have been a lot when he only has one year left on his contract. And as we have seen, he hasn’t been snapped up so we can only deduce that his sale price was lower.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

That would have been a lot when he only has one year left on his contract. And as we have seen, he hasn’t been snapped up so we can only deduce that his sale price was lower.

Apart from the fact that Everton leaked that they’d made a £12m bid for him and a SFC confirmed they’d rejected it.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, manina-pub said:

Came on yesterday and added little - mind elsewhere ?

Don't think so. He just isn't very good.

Even at this level, we purchased him off the back of a season where he got 22 goals but his two Championship seasons prior equalled 7 and 5 respectively. Before that he got 11 goals over two seasons in League One.

3 hours ago, manina-pub said:

Came on yesterday and added little - mind elsewhere ?

Those first few pre-window closure games this season he was really putting himself about, rattling oppo defenders and keepers. He’s not done that since and it’s essentially his one strength. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Those first few pre-window closure games this season he was really putting himself about, rattling oppo defenders and keepers. He’s not done that since and it’s essentially his one strength. 

He's waiting for January where he will be immense.  If no one makes an offer then, he'll be a bag of shit again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

OK but what about the one before that? (and the one before that etc...)

He must have had a groin injury every time I've seen him then. Definitely should sell him next window while people don't realise how shite he is

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pilchards said:

What on earth has happened to him?

Honestly 3 chances set up for him and one he never committed to the lovely ball played across by AA. Also he just gets his feet tangled up when it’s put on a sixpence.

I swear I could of put one of those away!

In some ways nothing has changed. He's a good support striker for a more traditional centre forward but not great at being the main man leading the line. We don't play two up front anymore so his weaknesses are being shown up.

Obviously his form also dipped badly after he didn't get a move so that hasn't helped

4 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Honestly 3 chances set up for him and one he never committed to the lovely ball played across by AA. Also he just gets his feet tangled up when it’s put on a sixpence.

His ability to miss easy chances has always been second to none so I don't think anything has really happened to him. I did think we'd see an an improvement having dropped down a league and the early games indicated this would be the case. For whatever reason - most likely the fact he expected not to be here and didn't want to be - the improvement hasn't happened. Best for all parties (except maybe the team that signs him) if he goes in January.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Really looked like he was going through the motions to me. One of those players who can look busy by chasing around but the intent and endeavour just never seemed to be there. I hope he's off in January and I'll laugh my arse off if he ends up back in the PL.

• Like 2

On 03/12/2023 at 15:31, Suhari said:

Wonder if Tall Paul would have had a bigger impact so far this season?

Although I still think he'd have been useful under Jones/if Selles tried making us cross into him, he's the last player Russell Martin would want up top and would be horrific with our passing style of play. Still a good target man at Champ level/weak European leagues though.

• 4 weeks later...

Woman and her husband behind us spend every game abusing Che, 60mins of pure vitriol aimed at him yesterday then they are bouncing around like loons chanting his name when he scores, finishing of their time by clapping and cheering as he’s subbed off. 

proper oddball behaviour

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Woman and her husband behind us spend every game abusing Che, 60mins of pure vitriol aimed at him yesterday then they are bouncing around like loons chanting his name when he scores, finishing of their time by clapping and cheering as he’s subbed off. 

proper oddball behaviour

I’m not s massive Che fan but some of the dissent v him isway OTT. I heard a bunch of groans every time the ball was even near Che. He was blamed for other player mishaps also!  His off side goal provoked outrage - at how bad his run was - let alone it was an absolutely top class brilliant finish and a marginal if that call…as for his goal - funny how a total crap hate figure player suddenly miraculously becomes a hero by scoring. He’s NOT been great - but he’s not been as shit as some say either is the truth. 

Manning is another one that is prejudged every match - so even if he plays well he should Fock off never play for saints again etc ( and presumably play a kid at FB - one of our most important positions instead you wallies!?!). The presumption is always he is bad but he noticeable does a lot of good things- if you look without prejudice. 

Both Che and Ryan appear doomed as Saints players however at least Che contract situation aside because they are not “favoured” by the fans. Good riddance many here will say. Let’s see who replaces them before you get too excited at that prospect though…

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 1

I like Che personally, he’s a good player on the ball, holds it up well and very adept at switching the player to facilitate a quick transition to attacking phases. 

he’s just not a big goal scorer and simpletons think the only metric to qualify an attacking player against is the goals column. But even looking at that metric he’s ahead of his xG with 0.5 goals per 90 vs an xG per 90 of 0.3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

proper oddball behaviour

Disgusting to curse your own team during the 90 mins. At least wait until full time and do it on social media like everyone else.

The transfer window is nearly open and the offered contract still unsigned. He scored three goals before the summer window closed and then after when he played he was hopeless. Now the window opens he his alive again and scoring. Yesterday he did something good strikers do, he went into the goal area then dropped out losing his marker and made a great run to score after Harwood-Bellis's brilliant through ball. We are now going to benefit from the added performance until he goes or the window closes. If he's still here after it closes another slump??? Personally I think we should unload him for whatever we can get. Moviesky and Shankland would be useful replacements. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think he will start today. Quite happy at thought of him AA and RF leading the attack supported by our Stu and probably Flynn and Will to add some defensive rigour - though Shea could start instead of Will and no complaints from me. 
If Che leads the attack he also is putting himself in the shop window so has every possible incentive to play well and indeed score. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

13 days into the transfer window and he's still here!

Looks like he really doesn't have any suitors - still! - and will be here until the summer when his contract finally runs out.  Fingers crossed the extension isn't on the table any more.

It’s possible that they are ensuring a replacement is in place before they let him go. I’d be happy to keep him, and extend if we stay in this division next season.  iI we go up we will need to upgrade, but that could be said for 75% of this season’s squad.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

13 days into the transfer window and he's still here!

Looks like he really doesn't have any suitors - still! - and will be here until the summer when his contract finally runs out.  Fingers crossed the extension isn't on the table any more.

Guess you didn't celebrate that goal then pal? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Harry_SFC said:

Guess you didn't celebrate that goal then pal? 

It was a good goal, pal.

Not remotely surprising though from 'shop window Che'.

8 goals scored this season, 5 of them when transfer windows were open, 2 within a week of it opening and one more 3 weeks before it opened!

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It was a good goal, pal.

8 goals scored this season, 5 of them when transfer windows were open, 2 within a week of it opening and one more 3 weeks before it opened!

To be fair if he wants to go then so be it. But he isn't kicking up a fuss, he's scoring goals and contributing, even if it is for personal gain. It's helping us so I couldn't care less. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It was a good goal, pal.

Is pal the most passive aggressive word on the internet ? anyone got any contenders ?

Che played well today and good finish, not sure about his long range attempts though.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams