Che Adams

TopGun

One of the more composed finishes we've seen from him.

I'm not going to try to unpick the 'he's playing for a move' logic, because it's pointless.

But he got us up and running today, then played a vital role in pushing on. If these are amongst his final contributions I'd rather it be this way.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It was a good goal, pal.

Not remotely surprising though from 'shop window Che'.

8 goals scored this season, 5 of them when transfer windows were open, 2 within a week of it opening and one more 3 weeks before it opened!

'Shop Window Che' has given me a proper laugh.

So true.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

U = text speak

Alright = when it's well known I prefer all right.

Babes = reality TV utterance

and not a proper sentence.

Much more annoying than pal or mate for me. Well done, Toussaint 🙂

Your welcome Hun!

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Suhari said:

'Shop Window Che' has given me a proper laugh.

So true.

You have got to be having a larf. 

You want people to believe that disrespectful shite over a player of such consummate skill that he can pick and choose which games he will score in and which he will not? 

And a further twist is that it’s all according to the transfer window opening and closing so that he only scores or “ looks good” when he can be transferred? 

And it follows by this logic that when the window is shut he also actively decides and chooses to not score and not play well? 

Because, obviously he is an utter c🤡nt of a player taking the pss out of the hand that feeds him? 

If you believe that’ Che only plays well by design at certain times - and not because he’s inconsistent and pretty much always has been for us - let me show you a nice bridge I’ve got for sale near St Mary’s. Itchen bridge could be yours for three beans. Honest. 

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It was a good goal, pal.

Not remotely surprising though from 'shop window Che'.

8 goals scored this season, 5 of them when transfer windows were open, 2 within a week of it opening and one more 3 weeks before it opened!

I’ve put a tenner on McAdams for the championship’s top scorer by the end of January, doubled up with the Premier League’s longest drought Feb-May. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams?
54 minutes ago, Paulwantsapint81 said:

Che has 2 games until the transfer window ends 

Who wants him & can offer premier league next season

Imho his best shout is play & score for saints till end of season and reassess options including signing the contract at sms

That isn’t in his best interest, that’s our best interests. If he doesn’t get a new deal either with us or a transfer in January then he leaves himself open to risk being unemployed if he gets an injury. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him move on before the end of January. 

Anyone else notice he is suddenly using his left foot - 2 left foot goals in two games !. Every other season he would have tried to run round both those shots to get it on his right. Be annoyed if he’s suddenly become a two footer striker just before he’s off.

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

not seen it posted elsewhere, but Crook says Saints want £6m for Che https://talksport.com/football/1713914/transfer-news-man-utd-olise-liverpool-chelsea-phillips-newcastle/

It’s difficult isn’t it 6m on the face of it player with Prem experience and scored goals is cheap but only 6 months left on contract. 
When in transfer window form he is worth more to us as an option for  promotion chasing squad player and who will we get as replacement in January?

I guess Wilcox and Martin will assess where he is mentally and let go if not right for us but will need replacing and not left to last day panic

Edited by Give it to Ron

15 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

It’s difficult isn’t it 6m on the face of it player with Prem experience and scored goals is cheap but only 6 months left on contract. 
When in transfer window form he is worth more to us as an option for  promotion chasing squad player and who will we get as replacement in January?

I guess Wilcox and Martin will assess where he is mentally and let go if not right for us but will need replacing and not left to last day panic

£6m buys you buttons these days. It's nothing for a Prem side, but they will probably need to pay him £100k a week and that is a big decision on a player that really hasn't lit the Prem up.

For us, it just a matter of can we bring in a player we think can score goals now AND in the Prem too. 

16 hours ago, Chez said:

£6m buys you buttons these days. It's nothing for a Prem side, but they will probably need to pay him £100k a week and that is a big decision on a player that really hasn't lit the Prem up.

For us, it just a matter of can we bring in a player we think can score goals now AND in the Prem too. 

No way he is being offered £100k a week by anyone surely. i reckon he would take 60k on a 3 year deal from someone like palace or wolves. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wild-saint said:

No way he is being offered £100k a week by anyone surely. i reckon he would take 60k on a 3 year deal from someone like palace or wolves. 

yeah, you are probably right. What he wanted from us 18 months ago is different to what he can get now.

I’d keep, 5 goals in his last 6 - we can’t sign a player capable of that for £6m unless we get lucky. Recent transfer windows suggest we aren’t on a lucky streak for CF options. 

Perhaps if we do make it up he might sign a new contract. If the numbers were right for us he would be worth keeping on as a squad player for the PL. Otherwise we all move on, which seems the most likely outcome this summer really.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Potentially last time seen in a Saints shirt. Was his on pitch farewell Sunday  poignant in that way ? 

If he does go and there is no adequate replacement we can kiss goodbye to an automatic promotion spot.

Edited by saintant

6 hours ago, gio1saints said:

So did I just asking if anyone noticed anything that looked “ goodbye” about it. Sincerely hope not. 

Nope. He turned around as he was leaving the pitch and gave the away end the standard clap. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Will shop window Che carry on his form or will he revert back to closed window Che?

I hope he carries on but past performances suggest he won't.

Don't worry. He is still in the shop window if he wants to be employed this summer. 

Having mulled this over, we were only going to get another out and out striker if Adams had left, and this would likely have been one of the lads in the Scottish Premier.  That could have been an relatively expensive hit and miss on a number of levels.  Adams has got nine goals in all competitions this year and has looked sharper recently (albeit that this may be some of the previous transfer window vim).  We at least know what we are getting and he knows his teammates and the system, on his day he is a real handful particularly against the more physical teams in this league and we me see the bruise brothers version this afternoon v Rotherham.  First time in years there are goal threats throughout this Saints team, and we have brought in more guile, goals and assists via Brooks.  Management and squad all look genuinely up for the second half of the season and I think it's in Che's interest and ours that he's an intrinsic part of that.  Optimistic.  

• 1 month later...

I know he scored yesterday but it still amazes me that we are still starting wth this absolutely shocking player after years of his dogshit finishing . Another bunch of scuffed shots yesterday. Rose Stewart with one leg would probably finish better ..

It’s just shocking that he’s been allowed to prove he’s terrible for this long,

you just know he’s gonna end up signing a new deal and starting next year as well 🤮

• Like 1

We always play better when Adams plays vs when he doesn't.

Thought he was good yesterday, especially with his link up play.

Hopefully he starts every game until the end of the season.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I know he scored yesterday but it still amazes me that we are still starting wth this absolutely shocking player after years of his dogshit finishing . Another bunch of scuffed shots yesterday. Rose Stewart with one leg would probably finish better ..

you just know he’s gonna end up signing a new deal and starting next year as well 🤮

He played ok yesterday?

Held the ball up well, brought others into play - was key in the equalising goal with his quick pass out wide. Thought he was a bit unlucky with a couple of his efforts as well, all in all it was a good number 9 performance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dusic said:

We always play better when Adams plays vs when he doesn't.

Thought he was good yesterday, especially with his link up play.

Hopefully he starts every game until the end of the season.

Quietly having a good, if not spectacular season.

But I'd rather him in the side than out, Might not score a bucket load but he is fantastic as a lone CF and his passing is quality.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

He played ok yesterday?

Held the ball up well, brought others into play - was key in the equalising goal with his quick pass out wide. Thought he was a bit unlucky with a couple of his efforts as well, all in all it was a good number 9 performance.

He had 2 or 3 chances he just smashed wide with no technique.. nearly fell over before scoring . But this is what he does and we all know this by now ..

the goals he does score are usually close range efforts of no quality anyway. Do u ever see che have any awareness in the box when finishing ?

He’s just so frustrating in front of goal 

• Like 1

When he’s on his game Adams is most effective as a bully centre forward, the only one we have currently who can use his strength to hold up play, in other words holding his own with the oppo centre backs. Not a great finisher of course but this season looks pretty good when Armstrong is played on the right. Right to retain him in January rather than throw the dice I think. 

28 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

He had 2 or 3 chances he just smashed wide with no technique.. nearly fell over before scoring . But this is what he does and we all know this by now ..

the goals he does score are usually close range efforts of no quality anyway. Do u ever see che have any awareness in the box when finishing ?

He’s just so frustrating in front of goal 

“There’s no such thing as a bad goal”

19 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Dread the thought. He's done all can do here, time for us and him to move on.

In my view he is in for a tough future and will find it hard to pick up a new contract anywhere especially one that pays him near what he is getting at SFC. He is an appalling finisher, clumsy on the ball and has the vision of a blinkered horse. I doubt many FL clubs have a vacancy specifically for that type of striker let alone struggling PL sides who need goals, goals, goals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Dread the thought. He's done all can do here, time for us and him to move on.

In my view he is in for a tough future and will find it hard to pick up a new contract anywhere especially one that pays him near what he is getting at SFC. He is an appalling finisher, clumsy on the ball and has the vision of a blinkered horse. I doubt many FL clubs have a vacancy specifically for that type of striker let alone struggling PL sides who need goals, goals, goals. 

His goals per 90 minutes is comparable with Blackburn's Szmodic who leads the scoring chart in the Championship. If Che had played the same number of games as him at his current goals per 90 minutes he'd have netted the same number 19. He is nowhere near as bad as some claim in my opinion plus his hold up play is excellent and very important for the team. Plenty of clubs would be happy to have him.

Edited by saintant
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams