Che Adams

TopGun

2 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

That is pretty baffling to me, I have to say.

The club's top priority probably is that they eventually receive 15 million for Che SR are in football for financial reasons that is why Spurs sold Kane

15 minutes ago, Galway saint said:

All the comments from RM were that he had bought into things. Seems a very odd move so we save a few quid and get a loan fee but lose a 20 Goals plus striker 

Clearly he was being smart and protecting the player if he needed to be reintegrated for whatever reason. The fact he was training separately from the group and was away from the first team means he made his feelings very clear IMO. 

14 minutes ago, Galway saint said:

All the comments from RM were that he had bought into things. Seems a very odd move so we save a few quid and get a loan fee but lose a 20 Goals plus striker 

Apart from one season for Birmingham he's never been a 20+ a season scorer, in the championship and premier League he's never got more than 10 apart from that one purple patch. Not sure why everyone is hailing him as this goal scoring hero. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Clearly he was being smart and protecting the player if he needed to be reintegrated for whatever reason. The fact he was training separately from the group and was away from the first team means he made his feelings very clear IMO. 

Am guessing money must be the main motivation behind the move. Nothing to do with protecting his place for Scotland, as he could be playing National League and still get picked. 

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Am guessing money must be the main motivation behind the move. Nothing to do with protecting his place for Scotland, as he could be playing National League and still get picked. 

That and he wants to be in the Premier league. Clearly no one wanted to pay what we wanted for him so we said we would let him go if he signed a new deal with us. Expect he will go elsewhere next year whatever happens. 

I really wanted to see Adams in this side and think he could have massively boosted our promotion and his career by scoring a hatful in the championship. But that’s a romantic notion in modern football. If this very odd deal goes through then it’s all about money, fair enough, but he won’t be welcomed back next summer regardless of where saints are. I hope and trust that it’ll be Stewart and A N other, quite possible Duk. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

That and he wants to be in the Premier league. Clearly no one wanted to pay what we wanted for him so we said we would let him go if he signed a new deal with us. Expect he will go elsewhere next year whatever happens. 

Not really sure that Wolves is the greatest of places for Adams to go to. They have that fella they signed last season that did his ACL against us in his first game on the recovery road. Not sure if they play two up top or not. Adams may not find himself as a regular starter.

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Not really sure that Wolves is the greatest of places for Adams to go to. They have that fella they signed last season that did his ACL against us in his first game on the recovery road. Not sure if they play two up top or not. Adams may not find himself as a regular starter.

Well he wanted to go to Everton so it doesn't seem he's that picky. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Think they play 1 upfront with Cunha slightly deeper.

24 minutes ago, Galway saint said:

He doesn’t want to be here. Sees himself as a Prem player 😂. Wolves are welcome to a player that missed so many chances that it helped relegate us.  Not sure it’ll be any different for them tbh.

• Like 1

This is just a delayed payment strategy. It makes no sense any other way.

He extends his contract, we let him go on loan and then there is an obligation to buy at the end of the season. I'm sure Watford and their journalists are hoping its an option, but it won't be at that price.

The only reason he is worth only £15m is because he only has 1 year left on his contract. Why would we give them the option to buy him at that reduced price if he extends, thereby having multiple years left on his contract and a higher value?

If he's going, he isn't coming back.

27 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

I’m confused who is the most desperate, Che for wanting to go to shit teams fighting relegation, or those teams for thinking che is the answer to their prayers.

Lets say this deal goes through, and he signs a new contract with us but Wolves go down and we go up, does he get to waltz straight back into our Premier League side? Get fucked, either leave permanently or not at all.

The whole thing is mad and pointless.

I don't get why we need to give him a new contract to then go and play for Wolves.

Next season:

1) if we go up, we don't need Che because he's shit 

2) If we stay down, we still don't really need Che because by then we have moved on with our lives and have a new strike force in place

The only season we will ever need him is this season.

If he doesn't want to do that, kindly fuck off to the midlands and don't come back.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

Tbh I genuinely believe it would've done Adams good to stay with us and potentially score 20+ goals. 

If he moves to Wolves I'd love nothing more for them to go down.

They probably will go down. They've got Che Adams up front for a start.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

The while thing is mad and pointless.

I don't get why we need to give him a new contract to then go and play for Wolves.

Because we’ve agreed he can leave to go there for the fee the club wants, it’s just a deferred payment as Wolves are stuffed for FFP. It’s why their old manager Loptegui left in acrimonious circumstances before the season started, Wolves need to get money in and only spend a little this window. Hence, they get Adams for “free” this summer and can put the £15M in next summer’s FFP bundle.

it’s a shit deal tbf. But it is what it is, Adams clearly wanted to go and was at times shoved on the bench and/or training away from the first team. If anything I’m not sure why we’d give someone like that the flipping armband.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Because we’ve agreed he can leave to go there for the fee the club wants, it’s just a deferred payment as Wolves are stuffed for FFP. It’s why their old manager Loptegui left in acrimonious circumstances before the season started, Wolves need to get money in and only spend a little this window. Hence, they get Adams for “free” this summer and can put the £15M in next summer’s FFP bundle.

it’s a shit deal tbf. But it is what it is, Adams clearly wanted to go and was at times shoved on the bench and/or training away from the first team. If anything I’m not sure why we’d give someone like that the flipping armband.

Some time soon, I am sure our time will come where we end up doing financially creative deals line this, too.

All absolutely nuts. 

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

You’re all getting upset over Che Adams. And not just the Che Adams that underwhelmed for us but the Che Adams who doesn’t want to be here. Just think about that for a moment and snap yourself out of it. 

I don’t really see much meltdown on here tbh

I’m not saying he isn’t leaving but all I can see is the report by TEAMtalk of the Wolves loan. I can’t see that any reputable sources have confirmed or followed up on their tweet? Unless I’ve missed something.

Saintsextra have them as a tier 4 source, but no idea how much research has been done to come up with those tiers:

2C5CEBBB-7BAE-43C1-B178-A53038B49E13.png

Edited by maysie
  • Confused 1

Wolves must have been impressed with his failure to head the ball into an empty net, right under the cross bar, but instead miss the header and handball it in instead. That took some skills to screw that one up! It was easier to just let it drop on your head and in the goal. 🙄 👏 👏 👏 

11 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

If your performance contributed to your employer losing £100million or more a year in revenue I think your be thanking God if all you got was a 40% pay cut.

If you felt the biggest factor in relegation was your employer making absolute whopper decisions in managerial appointments; you might feel pissed at losing 40% of your income. 

• Like 2

I wonder how Wolves fans will feel about signing the striker who (if my memory serves me right) managed while playing against them to miss an open goal on the goal line by handballing instead of heading?

I can see Wolves going down tbh. I think their party is over now.

4 hours ago, notnowcato said:

If you felt the biggest factor in relegation was your employer making absolute whopper decisions in managerial appointments; you might feel pissed at losing 40% of your income. 

This, the Nathan Jones experiment was the driving force behind our relegation I suspect if Ralph had stayed we would have scraped survival, the decision to appoint Jones and then stick with him for more than a week and let him blow a huge wedge of money on a lump of a striker for his hoof ball tactics was shocking.  If I was a player who had just lost 40% of my income and had the prospect of regaining that plus a nice signing on bonus I would be all over it and I find it funny how people expect footballers to react differently to the man in the street.  I would hand my notice in tomorrow for a 10% pay rise let alone 40%!

We will miss him if he goes he has shown enough already this season to convince me that he would manage a significant goal return and that will be hard to replace.

Edited by a1ex2001
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, maysie said:

I’m not saying he isn’t leaving but all I can see is the report by TEAMtalk of the Wolves loan. I can’t see that any reputable sources have confirmed or followed up on their tweet? Unless I’ve missed something.

Saintsextra have them as a tier 4 source, but no idea how much research has been done to come up with those tiers:

@kristian can answer

Anyone know if Che is likely to be in the squad tomorrow? I presume he will as, from what I can gather, the Wolves thing was never on the cards and nobody else came in for him so no reason for him not to be ready and willing to face Sunderland. Ok, he'll be disappointed but time to show those who didn't want to sign him what they missed. Go get 'em Che.

3 minutes ago, saintant said:

Anyone know if Che is likely to be in the squad tomorrow? I presume he will as, from what I can gather, the Wolves thing was never on the cards and nobody else came in for him so no reason for him not to be ready and willing to face Sunderland. Ok, he'll be disappointed but time to show those who didn't want to sign him what they missed. Go get 'em Che.

Bench at best I reckon. The manager said he’s been pulled from pillar to post so I imagine his head is all over the place. Plus he won’t have done final prep training today with the team.

On 31/08/2023 at 22:47, maysie said:

What a load of bollocks

• Haha 1

Next saga will be whether he signs the new contract or not.

I suspect not, at least for the time being as no real incentive for him to when being a free agent next summer would give him so many options.

Edited by Dusic

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams