Che Adams

TopGun

He had a poor 1st half of the season (bar August when the transfer window was open).

Perhaps he had a niggling injury, or his head wasn't in it. Whatever. 

But he's looked really good since Xmas time, and absolutely in my first choice XI right now. 

• 4 weeks later...

He’s so fucking bad you could put jack stephens up front with his boots on the wrong feet an. He would still be a upgrade in the finishing department .. I’m serious too.. how fucking long will it take before the club realises 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Let's hope it's fucking binding so we don't get saddled with him any longer.

Would be saintsy to offer him a new contract.

He's had a new contract on the table from us since January last year but he's been stalling because he thinks he's better than us. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It surprises me that Prem teams still want him. He's not a finisher. He's Ok as a second striker but not leading the line on his own and we only play with 1 striker. Good luck to Wolves if they have won the race for him. We need a refresh in attack in the summer anyway, AA aside (who at times has looked jaded and is better out wide) we have a long term injured striker in Ross, Che who is a poor finisher, and a striker who has shown limited potential in Mara. Even Dom Ballard is crocked long term. We need at least one, if not two, new strikers in the summer.

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

He is just shit. One of the main reasons we went down, and the main reason we are not in the top two. I would be amazed if any Premier side were after him.

I know different players suit different styles and different clubs, but how Wolves think he'll be better at 1 on 1s with them I have no idea. 

A likeable chap, but league 1 or 2 for me.

(Have we sent Smallbone's CV to Wolves?)

58 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

I know different players suit different styles and different clubs, but how Wolves think he'll be better at 1 on 1s with them I have no idea. 

A likeable chap, but league 1 or 2 for me.

(Have we sent Smallbone's CV to Wolves?)

It's nothing about style or tactics with Che, he's just a truly horrific finisher. 

Stick him in tandem with a finisher and let him do all the dirty work and it will be more fruitful, but if you're expecting him to score you the goals then you're in for a rude awakening. When we sold Ings the club hung their coat on Che, with the likes of Armstrong and Broja supporting him. It didn't even take much for Broja to out perform him and he wasn't even ours.

What I want more than anything this summer is a proper number 9, a consistent finisher to play through the middle. I fully accept Adams will go (blessing) and so will Armstrong with just 1 year left, so it gives us a great opportunity to properly revamp that area. I just don't want to hear any nonsense in the summer about how Stewart is fitter than ever etc etc, we need to be aiming to replace him too - he is nothing more than a squad player in my eyes at this stage.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

The most wasteful striker I’ve ever seen in my time watching Saints, and as I said in the match thread I can’t wait till we no longer have to watch him in a Saints shirt ever again.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It's nothing about style or tactics with Che, he's just a truly horrific finisher. 

Stick him in tandem with a finisher and let him do all the dirty work and it will be more fruitful, but if you're expecting him to score you the goals then you're in for a rude awakening. When we sold Ings the club hung their coat on Che, with the likes of Armstrong and Broja supporting him. It didn't even take much for Broja to out perform him and he wasn't even ours.

What I want more than anything this summer is a proper number 9, a consistent finisher to play through the middle. I fully accept Adams will go (blessing) and so will Armstrong with just 1 year left, so it gives us a great opportunity to properly revamp that area. I just don't want to hear any nonsense in the summer about how Stewart is fitter than ever etc etc, we need to be aiming to replace him too - he is nothing more than a squad player in my eyes at this stage.

His first miss was horrific today. How do you not even get it on target in front of the goal unmarked on the 6 yard line. The second one although he probably should have scored i can just about forgive him as it was a very congested 6 yard box, he at least got it on target. Two chances like that in a game though and not even take one of them is incredibly poor. I've been a big support of Adams as i think there is a good player in there but im out of patience as he repeatedly misses chances that sometimes you cant believe he misses.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I’ve been banging on about the same thing for 4 years. It’s not Adams’ fault he’s a crap finisher, as horrible as yesterday’s misses were.

Ever since Ings made it obvious he wasn’t staying we’ve desperately needed a quality striker and haven’t got one. It’s why we got relegated and it’s why we’re not getting automatic promotion.

Adams, Mara and ArmA (as a 9) aren’t at the required standard. Broja was a kid and on loan - we were lucky he managed a brief purple patch. Tall Paul?? Literally wtf.

And as for Stewart … not his fault he’s crocked but you’d have thought the club went for a better, safer, less risky option after 3 years of fuck ups.

It is so obvious what our biggest problem is and has been for years and yet we haven’t resolved it. Someone like Ings 4 years ago can create a goal out of nothing, let alone finish a gilt edge chance. Adams can’t even do the latter. Simply not good enough from him or - much more culpably - the club.

Edited by Chewy
Typo
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

His first miss was horrific today. How do you not even get it on target in front of the goal unmarked on the 6 yard line. The second one although he probably should have scored i can just about forgive him as it was a very congested 6 yard box, he at least got it on target. Two chances like that in a game though and not even take one of them is incredibly poor. I've been a big support of Adams as i think there is a good player in there but im out of patience as he repeatedly misses chances that sometimes you cant believe he misses.

Wasn't his first miss the one on one with the keeper? He telegraphed he was going near post but lacked the ability to smack it in the far.

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

Yep, well put.  I've been a patient supporter of Che; particularly at this level - but in a season where we've needed an on-song striker he's been a grave disappointment.

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

Well put.

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Wasn't his first miss the one on one with the keeper? He telegraphed he was going near post but lacked the ability to smack it in the far.

I only saw the highlights so didn’t see that one

28 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I only saw the highlights so didn’t see that one

He was in a very similar position to Rothwell's second goal against Huddersfield. 

Rather than blasting it into the far side of the goal he dithered, then tried to curve it around the keeper into the near post but it was a tame effort which the keeper saved easily. I'm not even sure it was on target.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well no bazunu to moan about anymore so back to the Ronald McDonald with his boots on the wrong feet at the other end of the pitch .

still bemuses me how this cart horse seems to continue to stay in the team and people forget about how absolutely shit he is . Just because he manages to scuff in a few close range chances .. 

he needs about 6 sitters to get a goal even if he does score he is still fucking woeful 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

He’s in the team because we have no better. We needed a striker in the summer and blew our budget on one that was injured and has played about 20 mins all season.

how different things might have been if we’d signed Piroe or Stewart was fit…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams
30 minutes ago, Dman said:

Who’s gonna sign him by the way? If he wants PL, he’s laughing. 

Got Everton on a free written all over it. It's literally his middle name.

On 20/04/2024 at 17:45, Dman said:

He’s in the team because we have no better. We needed a striker in the summer and blew our budget on one that was injured and has played about 20 mins all season.

how different things might have been if we’d signed Piroe or Stewart was fit…

We could try Aribo there instead in a false 9 role he’s done it before and we tried it with Charly 

Aribo is perfectly capable of doing anything that che can , che can only score close range scuffs anyway . Arribo couldn’t ?

all we keep hearing from russ is we created enough chances but we not clinical enough .. Well hello what the fuck do you expect with Che Adams up front ?

its madness