Che Adams

TopGun

9 hours ago, Chez said:

Ings went for £25m plus add ons. He had one year left on his contract, was 28 years old and scored 41 prem goals in 91 games. Che also has a year left, is 26 and has scored 25 goals in 123 Prem games. Not sure we'll get £25-30m for him. 

That's sound logic but you need to factor in the cost of living crisis and inflation, it will be higher than you expect as a result.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, manji said:

“ We’ll bring the club where it belongs for you “ How can that be misinterpreted other than he’s staying. 
should be a good season.

21 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Where it belongs is League One. Maybe even League Two.

3EB5387B-DB6C-4909-9C2B-056091132FBD.jpeg

• Haha 2

I'd like him to stay because I think he'd do very well in the champ and we are going to need lots of goals. Che would be a great fit.
He's not going to have a queue of prem clubs wanting him but there may be one or two that would fancy him.

If that is the case I hope he goes soon so we can get on with the rebuild.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cabrone said:

I'd like him to stay because I think he'd do very well in the champ and we are going to need lots of goals. Che would be a great fit.
He's not going to have a queue of prem clubs wanting him but there may be one or two that would fancy him.

If that is the case I hope he goes soon so we can get on with the rebuild.

We aren't keeping him and Paul... i'd keep che, but suspect that wages and contract lengths dictate we'll be keeping Paul.

On 15/05/2023 at 17:37, Dman said:

I don’t think you’ll find many who disagree, but that is also the reason why we’re going down. 

Everyone always said if we need to rely on his goals we’re in trouble and that has proven to be spot on.

I think there are a lot of people who disagree.his misses have been one of the main reasons we are going down.His lack of confidence,only using one foot lack of pace,inability to win ball in air etc etc Let him start again with another club

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint86 said:

We aren't keeping him and Paul... i'd keep che, but suspect that wages and contract lengths dictate we'll be keeping Paul.

My gut feeling is that none of those two and Adam Armstrong will be here next season. Onuachu is a donkey, and if they club want to move forward with possession based football, he’s better out on loan somewhere. 

On 15/05/2023 at 21:57, Ted Bates Statue said:

That's sound logic but you need to factor in the cost of living crisis and inflation, it will be higher than you expect as a result.

Hope so, but not sure high gas prices will impact his sale price all that much.

For InGS, there was a price point that had to be reached before we were willing to lose his goals and potential prem safety, even knowing we'd lose him for free the following season. Relegation means that aspect is not there for Adams. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Crazy to let him go, unless for ridiculous money. Around £12m is the reported figure. Compare that to the £18m spent on Tall Paul. And if the club sell him could you trust them to get a decent replacement? £12m is peanuts if it's the difference between going up or staying down. Let him walk on a free next summer I say.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

Crazy to let him go, unless for ridiculous money. Around £12m is the reported figure. Compare that to the £18m spent on Tall Paul. And if the club sell him could you trust them to get a decent replacement? £12m is peanuts if it's the difference between going up or staying down. Let him walk on a free next summer I say.

Totally agree. An absolute no brainer. If you said to me now that we go back up with Che this season but we lose him on a free next summer, I’d rip your arm off.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

The difference is the length of contract.

7 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Let him walk for free next summer if we don't go up.

The reward pf promotion is definitely worth the gamble.

I would using this as a selling point to get us back up. We have a good enough squad to win this league or definitely challenge to get back up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

The difference is the length of contract.

His replacement will be on a contract too, and could be a Tall Paul II, or worse yet, a Carrillo II.

£12m + the small difference we pay him for the year compared to any cheaper replacement is well worth the gamble.

6 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

I would using this as a selling point to get us back up. We have a good enough squad to win this league or definitely challenge to get back up. 

He'd be in a much stronger position to negotiate a contract moving on a free after a 20+ goal season as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

His replacement will be on a contract too, and could be a Tall Paul II, or worse yet, a Carrillo II.

£12m + the small difference we pay him for the year compared to any cheaper replacement is well worth the gamble.

I was referring to the difference in valuation between what we might get for Che and what we paid for Tall Paul.

An alternative might be a contract extension for Che but whether he would be up for that is debatable.

8 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Everton getting a 4-0 battering by Villa would certainly make people reluctant to move to the club.

If the powers that be wanted to, now may be an opportunity to add two years to the contract.

If he refused to extend his contract in the prem he's never going to do so in the Championship.

• Like 1

Just now, Baird of the land said:

If he refused to extend his contract in the prem he's never going to do so in the Championship.

You never know.

Completely different folk in the heirachy currently. Completely different outlook on the pitch.

• Like 1

That Glen fella from the Saints Podcast and Adam Blackmore amongst those peddling the idea that Che shouldn't be going to Everton because they are so bad. Up there with the JWP regretting the move to West Ham nonsense. Really arrogant narrative to push and hilarious because they'd be the first to imply any striker moving from the Championship to us last season would have been a step up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nolan said:

You never know.

Completely different folk in the heirachy currently. Completely different outlook on the pitch.

Agreed. He comes across quite level headed, no doubt he want to be back in the Premier League like all players do but he must know he isn’t score more than ten in that Everton team.

Stay a year, bang in 25 goals, help promote your team and then rethink your options.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

That Glen fella from the Saints Podcast and Adam Blackmore amongst those peddling the idea that Che shouldn't be going to Everton because they are so bad. Up there with the JWP regretting the move to West Ham nonsense. Really arrogant narrative to push and hilarious because they'd be the first to imply any striker moving from the Championship to us last season would have been a step up. 

Do you think we struggled to sign strikers in January because of the outlook and uncertainty?

Because that's what Everton will be having right now.

It's not arrogance, just reality.

Edited by Nolan

11 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Do you think we struggled to sign strikers in January because of the outlook and uncertainty?

Because that's what Everton will be having right now.

It's not arrogance, just reality.

The reality is that Che is going to probably go to Everton or somewhere else in the Prem because it's a step up. I don't remember us targeting a Championship striker in January and if we did I cant imagine Blackmore, Glen and any other dope were peddling a narrative that they shouldn't be. I do remember some of them questioning the current Chelsea starting striker's pedigree though.

53 minutes ago, the colonel said:

But, why would Everton think Che Adams is the answer to their problems?!?! He is hardly a prolific premier striker or lay maker. Affordable is the only reason I can think of.

Desperation and lack of money to buy the kind of striker they really need.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, the colonel said:

But, why would Everton think Che Adams is the answer to their problems?!?! He is hardly a prolific premier striker or lay maker. Affordable is the only reason I can think of.

Desperation to be seen to be doing something. 

I think we turn around and offer him a bonus for staying and getting us back into the premier league, upon scoring x amount of goals. IF we go up we see if he wants to stay, if not we take realistic offers. 

This is going to be a fun season, for the club, fans and players, especially those with premier league aspirations. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CSA96 said:

Ché Adams is not turning down a 4yr/5yr contract on PL terms (for now, anyway) when he's 27 and has 1yr left on his current deal (which has fallen by 40% due to relegation).

And nor should he be.

Did he not do exactly this last season?

1 hour ago, CSA96 said:

Ché Adams is not turning down a 4yr/5yr contract on PL terms (for now, anyway) when he's 27 and has 1yr left on his current deal (which has fallen by 40% due to relegation).

And nor should he be.

He is still under contract, so he can't just walk out if Saints want to keep him for one year.

Of course he could down tools, etc. But he doesn't appear to be a Van Dick, and more importantly he knows he's free to walk at the end of the season, so there is no pressure for him to push hard for a move now if Saints want to keep him until the end of the season. Also, if he leaves on a free his new club could afford to offer him a better contract and/or a nice signing-on bonus.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

He is still under contract, so he can't just walk out if Saints want to keep him for one year.

Of course he could down tools, etc. But he doesn't appear to be a Van Dick, and more importantly he knows he's free to walk at the end of the season, so there is no pressure for him to push hard for a move now if Saints want to keep him until the end of the season. Also, if he leaves on a free his new club could afford to offer him a better contract and/or a nice signing-on bonus.

Presumably one thing that stops players running down their contracts in the last year  when there is a good long term offer on the table is fear of something bad happening in terms of injury ? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Agreed. He comes across quite level headed, no doubt he want to be back in the Premier League like all players do but he must know he isn’t score more than ten in that Everton team.

Stay a year, bang in 25 goals, help promote your team and then rethink your options.  

That's my view on it. I can totally understand Tino, JWP, Lavia moving on - they're going to clubs who will be in Europe and compete well in the PL, so it's a good opportunity for them.

To move to Everton for someone like Che, who is so confidence driven, is totally the wrong call for him. He's spent many years with us circling the drain and losing games of football, he should listen to Martin who said that actually a year in the Championship can be more fun/more rewarding than losing every week in the league above.

If he does well he can either negotiate a better contract with us, or have the pick of better clubs in the PL. Jumping to Everton now, which is toxic to say the least, is a very daft move. PL or not, he'll be losing every week and probably end up being berated by the fans for not scoring - doesn't sound like much fun.

• Like 5

Everton fans don’t want him, he’s not exactly prolific in the PL, and Everton are a basket case. It’s a match made in hell. 

Certainly more of a loss to us then he is a gain to Everton. 

Edited by LGTL
  • Like 2

Imagine wanting to go and play for that bunch of entitled whiny scouse cunts that chase their players down the road after a poor performance. He’s not exactly the prolific goal scorer they need so they’ll be on his back straight from the off.

Even if he does leave I’m trying not to get too downhearted as he was still part of the worst saints team in living memory, and 2 of the 3 goals he’s scored for us so far even Ali Dia would have converted.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

That's my view on it. I can totally understand Tino, JWP, Lavia moving on - they're going to clubs who will be in Europe and compete well in the PL, so it's a good opportunity for them.

To move to Everton for someone like Che, who is so confidence driven, is totally the wrong call for him. He's spent many years with us circling the drain and losing games of football, he should listen to Martin who said that actually a year in the Championship can be more fun/more rewarding than losing every week in the league above.

If he does well he can either negotiate a better contract with us, or have the pick of better clubs in the PL. Jumping to Everton now, which is toxic to say the least, is a very daft move. PL or not, he'll be losing every week and probably end up being berated by the fans for not scoring - doesn't sound like much fun.

I see their fans have been abusing Calvert-Lewin, along with Maupay.

If Che misses a few sitters (more than likely) they will be on his back straight away. Horrible fan base. 

• Like 4

Che would be in a much better position smashing this season and letting his contract expire - leaving or staying. 

As for 15m, I seem to remember we had to pay that amount for Arma when he was in the last year of his contract - and that was before the market madness. 

• Like 1

We need to keep Che, AA, Alcaraz and Tella. That is a strike unit that will get us promoted. 

I cannot see us replacing them with anything better so why let them go? They are under contract and we need them.

Defence is where the club needs to focus. CB would be my priority.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Seems like a poor deal for all parties, IMO. 

Why would he not just want to stay and get us back up like he said he would...

image.png.af877b1b0dc9048f3911bc770d231fcf.png

Crap deal and a rubbish result for us. The first outgoing I'm really gutted about. We need some incomings badly. 

• Like 1

Terrible deal for us, terrible move for Che, not a great deal for them either. 

We as fans and Martin as someone who need to pick a competitive side to gain promotion are being let down by the club who clearly lack any ambition other than making money.  

Losing Che is 20 goals taken out of our side - thats the difference between promotion or not. He's not the best player, he's replaceable (especially if we do go up), but I do not trust the senior figures at our club to get it right.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

Terrible deal for us, terrible move for Che, not a great deal for them either. 

We as fans and Martin as someone who need to pick a competitive side to gain promotion are being let down by the club who clearly lack any ambition other than making money.  

Losing Che is 20 goals taken out of our side - thats the difference between promotion or not. He's not the best player, he's replaceable (especially if we do go up), but I do not trust the senior figures at our club to get it right.  

Has he officially gone?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams