Saints 3-0 Watford - Match Thread

goodymatt

HT. The good: Meg, Dibbles, Rothwell. 
The not so good : Che Shea and Sekou. 
The rest : ok. 
I wish I was at home and some other cold Saint was texting updates because it’s cold wet and not fun football. Looks messy messy messy. Watford look to break any time they can. 
2nd half we should score if this carries in but it’s not vintage and Watford can easily steal this match if we don’t get our acts together. Lethargic so far for most part with flashes of skull from the kids. 
note for RM : SM at LW playing with Che not working. At all. Can see Sam coming in for him soon - or Brooks. 😎

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I agree, in much the same way that I’d rather have sex with a Victoria Secret model than eat an entire Terry’s Chocolate Orange tomorrow. Sadly one is infinitely more achievable than the other.

You sound very confident about promotion 🤔

Adams so poor in front of goal and yet again Mara just looks so off the pace.

Dibling and Meghoma have been our best players.

I'm sat next to the dugout and it's safe to say Russell was not best pleased with that...

• Like 1

Just now, gio1saints said:

Just now, captainchris said:

Jack Rothwell ….. Been watching him … Aweful… Just stands around marked 

Love how people can watch the same game and totally disagree.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Che has had two opportunities in which if he had any pace at all he’s scoring…44

great first touch and threaded pass from Mara to set up that Che chance. Has he been poor otherwise?

3 minutes ago, captainchris said:

Two people who should be nowhere near this pitch…

The ref …..

Jack Rothwell ….. Been watching him … Aweful… Just stands around marked 

Yeah Jack Rothwell is shit.

His brother Joe is supposed to be alright though.

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

The not so good : Che Shea and Sekou. 
The rest : ok. 
I wish I was at home and some other cold Saint was texting updates because it’s cold wet and not fun football. Looks messy messy messy. Watford look to break any time they can. 
2nd half we should score if this carries in but it’s not vintage and Watford can easily steal this match if we don’t get our acts together. Lethargic so far for most part with flashes of skull from the kids. 
note for RM : SM at LW playing with Che not working. At all. Can see Sam coming in for him soon - or Brooks. 😎

Appreciating the updates. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

I think Rothwell is doing ok, certainly better than he did up at Vicarage Road.

CaptainChris does have a point though. He certainly doesn't show for the ball as much as Stu. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I can't remember half time music being so obnoxiously loud in a long time. It's actually giving me a headache and means I have to shout to be heard by the person next to me. 

They’re probably seeing it as a blessing in disguise 😉

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

great first touch and threaded pass from Mara to set up that Che chance. Has he been poor otherwise?

Che had two chances which if he had any pace he goes forwards shoots and scores. For example- broja scores both those. Instead he hesitates and passes it wide. I get it, he’s not got the legs nor the king shit, but it did expose his limitations even if he is deadly from 3 yards..

8 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

Rothwell got clobbered halfway through the half. Surprised he’s still on. Dibbles wins a yc with another good run..46

28 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

They also called for the head steward to meet someone in the control room. I'm guessing it's security related. 

When you hear ‘Will Inspector Sands report to the Operations Room’ (or wherever) over the tannoy*, it’s the common code for a fire having been reported in that location. The follow-up announcement ‘Inspector Sands has left the building’ means the alert is over.

So while I don’t want to alarm you, it probably means the stadium’s on fire. 

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/articles/inspector-sands-and-why-the-london-underground-keeps-asking-for-him-50951/

(*It’s actually public address system Lynn… Tannoy is a brand name) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Looks like we’re winning.

IMG_0935.png

I was in a bar in Helsinki one evening and they had the CEEFAX on a TV above the bar displaying the EPL live scores. Under Saints it had something displayed in green about Niemi, and similarly Jaaskalainen under Bolton. I asked the bartender what this green text signified, it was simply telling us that they were playing.

On 05/02/2024 at 14:37, Ekelund24 said:

You can watch it on the Bet365 app as long as you have £5 in your account.

Anyone got bet365 to work? 

Nice assist from Chele according to Tessem. And a smart instinctive finish 

Edited by Jack

2-0 sekou again what a goal!!!!! Brilliant brilliant brilliant team goal from Lumley to back of the net 12 passes 

watch this over and over again. Thing if beauty.dibbles was heavily involved great attacking run with the ball 

Edited by gio1saints

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-0 Watford - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic