Saints 5-3 Huddersfield - Match Thread

goodymatt

5 minutes ago, Edmonton Saint said:

Pretty sad that we spunked £10 million on a crocked striker. Crazy decision. We still don’t score enough for me. Not ruthless enough. 

Wouldn't have made a difference in that first half anyway. We created nothing.

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Manager out, no plan B, same team all the time, lost the dressing room, head's elsewhere, too many backwards passes, too many long balls, clown emoji, ref loves other team.

Are there any more losing football fan cliche's I'm missing?

Someone in the Kingsland corner shouted "fuck off Martin" while walking down the stairs early for a half time pint. Cracked me up.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Edmonton Saint said:

Pretty sad that we spunked £10 million on a crocked striker. Crazy decision. We still don’t score enough for me. Not ruthless enough. 

Meanwhile Miovski who we didn't take a cheap punt on is banging them in up north.

3 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Possibly because it’s an obvious default from where we are. We took 13 points out of 30 from teams 1-10 at start of today. That may well be our downfall.  Second half still to come though.

I had a sense we hadn’t done so well against the better teams, but I had no idea we had dropped so many points against the top half. 

Huddersfield deservedly ahead, they have done to us what we do to other teams.

We can't keep the ball, disjointed all over the picture, S Armstrong has turned losing the ball into an art form.

We look terrible.

We need the lego hair dryer, a change of personnel or tactics and some fucking goals

9 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Stuck with Manning because we've got no fullbacks on the bench.

Damn. Could bring Stephens on and go 3 at the back. Might have to if we’re to rescue something.

7 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Haven't most of their attacks come down KWP's side ?

the second goal was certainly from their left hand side. Bednarek got made to look like an absolute carthorse. 

Bad first half but fair play to Huddersfield for the way they have played. Do Saints fans expect every team to turn up and just roll over?? 
Get Adams off, Adarma up top with Brooks down the right. Give it 15 mins then get Sulemana on for Stuey. If we get one back before 60 mins, we win this game. 

• Like 3

Just now, SaintNewForest said:

Well no fucking shit, Sherlock. 

Do you think it's acceptable to boo a team off after 24 games unbeaten? Because that's just sheer entitlement. 

Saints fans? Entitled?! Never!!!

Can't believe how quick people are to turn. We've had one of the most incredible runs of all-time, thanks to a brilliant manager and superb team.  Any football game in any league can be lost. It's how football works.   But this one is still wide open for us. The next goal crucial of course.

• Like 9

Just now, bpsaint said:

I’m here and booed as unlike yourself I’ve paid money to watch this shit.

As you point out, you pay your money, you react how you like. You could have boo'd after the 8-0 win against Sunderland and it's entirely your right.

It's also our right to find that utterly ridiculous and also my right to believe you're a firm part of the problem.

• Like 9

Just now, bpsaint said:

I’m here and booed as unlike yourself I’ve paid money to watch this shit.

Sorry I've got kids to look after. Id be there if i could. Guess I'm just a lesser fan than you. My apologies.

Utter cretins those who booed by the way, but as a lesser fan, my opinion is null and void.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looked like groin issue for downes. But really disjointed and so many occasions our players getting each others way. Need to hold more natural width and KWP final ball needs to be better. But Huddersfield been very organised. 

3 minutes ago, SaintNewForest said:

Well no fucking shit, Sherlock. 

Do you think it's acceptable to boo a team off after 24 games unbeaten? Because that's just sheer entitlement. 

I take it for what it is. An expression of how fucking awful the performance was. Not an overall conclusion of the crowds feelings towards the team/players/manager. 

They got clapped and cheered back on just now, by the way. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

Can't believe how quick people are to turn. We've had one of the most incredible runs of all-time, thanks to a brilliant manager and superb team.  Any football game in any league can be lost. It's how football works.   But this one is still wide open for us. The next goal crucial of course.

At least we’ll see what they’re made of. If they’re not up for a comeback at home against a team in the lower reaches of the league then it doesn’t augur well for a tense promotion run in.

Edited by Winnersaint
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

As you point out, you pay your money, you react how you like. You could have boo'd after the 8-0 win against Sunderland and it's entirely your right.

It's also our right to find that utterly ridiculous and also my right to believe you're a firm part of the problem.

Another keyboard fan, thanks for your input. That half was absolute dire, and it’s fair they know that from us mere working class.

Edited by bpsaint

2 minutes ago, SaintNewForest said:

Sorry I've got kids to look after. Id be there if i could. Guess I'm just a lesser fan than you. My apologies.

Utter cretins those who booed by the way, but as a lesser fan, my opinion is null and void.

Indeed.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 5-3 Huddersfield - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic