Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I wonder if they are getting any money from these sales

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag_4_5/products/kit_selector.aspx?selector=118&network=AF

Maybe buy a few to clean the bogs with.

I see they've signed a 5 year deal with Kappa and are wearing the new shirts on Sunday. Don't know where Kappa have been for the last 6 months, they've obviously not done their homework on the blue few though.

Edited by krissyboy31

"Potentially worth hundreds of millions"? PMSL

I may have exaggerated a tad ;) but the sentiment is sound. Your club will never be worth what it would cost an investor/owner to get you back where you were two years ago. Let alone the additional cost of stadium and training facilities.

Imagine if they won the semi - how many players available for the final - last match of the season.

Oh, you can bet that if the skates somehow beat Spurs, then the 6 or so players who wouldn't be able to play the remaining meaningless PL matches, will "heroically" offer to play in the final and forgo any contract extensions, bonuses, etc. that would otherwise be triggered by playing extra games. And that doesn't include the handful of "injured" players who only become miraculously fit for the cup matches.

CHEATING BASTARDS

Oh, you can bet that if the skates somehow beat Spurs, then the 6 or so players who wouldn't be able to play the remaining meaningless PL matches, will "heroically" offer to play in the final and forgo any contract extensions, bonuses, etc. that would otherwise be triggered by playing extra games. And that doesn't include the handful of "injured" players who only become miraculously fit for the cup matches.

CHEATING BASTARDS

Apparently one (unnamed) player can't play Sunday for that reason.

Why do you think Pompey fans are so down on him being administrator chaps. His record at Swindon and the dirt in the Sunday Times article would be enough but when he's appointed by Chainrai and shares a solicitor with him (but says they'd never met) and then keeps saying Chainrai's the only credible person to take over after admin it just stinks more and more. He's been there 8 weeks but hasn't started the forensic accounting yet? Excuse me but isn't that a vital part of finding a new owner? Let's not even discuss him starting to talk about running the business for the next couple of seasons or his blatant obstruction of the group looking to take over.

He's part of the same corrupt crew (Chainrai, Azougy, Jacobs and their cronies) who have siphoned off millions from the club that could and should have been used to pay creditors. It's not the club, it's not the fans, it's these ******s.

And it's pretty clear that despite putting nothing into the club (Chainrai paid £17m to Pompey, Faraj transferred it straight to the Falcondrone BVI account and then no doubt it was transferred straight back to Chainrai's/ Portpin's BVI account) Chainrai will walk away with at least £14m (plus whatever he's already leached out of us) along with the next couple of years parachute payments if Andronikou gets his way. No wonder you lot are loving it.

Wow, I think that's what those in certain professions call a "breakthrough". Have you been having counseling/treatment?

and every week they are......how many weeks have they been toast but somehow squirm out of it?

If they were under the same business rules the rest of us have to adhere to then I'd agree, but weeks ago they should have turned the oxygen off, but somehow they stick in there.

My head tells me they will come to a sticky end but they certainly keep showing signs of life.

Getting relegated is not my idea of them getting their comuppence, and if that is all they get they have shafted everyone. Next week if they go out of the cup we may then see the meltdown but boy it gets tedious waiting for the excitement.When was that High Court winding up order heard??? I t has been going on for a lifetime

Oh do stop this tiresome drivel.

Do you think corporate insolvencies are done and dusted in a couple of weeks? They are screwed. They were never likely to get wound-up as a result of HMRC's petition; they were always likely to enter admin first. The only reason some people, including me, thought they might actually get wound-up at that point was because the people pulling the strings have a criminal past and genuinely didn't seem to give two hoots what happened.

They are clearly screwed. Unless you think someone uber-rich is going to buy them, they will be screwed for years.

As for the "cheat thing" for Pompey resting players before a semi final, give it up because you all sound silly

Ahh, back to normal. Phew.

You don't think signing Tosic, Owusi and O'Hara in January was cheating? Just a teeny bit? It was financial doping. Anyway, however you dress it up, PFC continues to be a quite disgusting example of what everyone loathes about the business of football.

and every week they are......how many weeks have they been toast but somehow squirm out of it?

If they were under the same business rules the rest of us have to adhere to then I'd agree, but weeks ago they should have turned the oxygen off, but somehow they stick in there.

My head tells me they will come to a sticky end but they certainly keep showing signs of life.

Getting relegated is not my idea of them getting their comuppence, and if that is all they get they have shafted everyone. Next week if they go out of the cup we may then see the meltdown but boy it gets tedious waiting for the excitement.When was that High Court winding up order heard??? I t has been going on for a lifetime

The PL are desperate to get this season finished and all fixtures completed to avoid complications.

Once the final table is complete, and they're out of the Premiership, the roof falls in for P*mpey.

Bigtime.

Yeah, we've just worked that out. Despite Pompey fans going as far as meeting with Israeli journalists months ago and petitioning the PL to chiuck these ******s out of the club months ago we've "just" worked it out.

You lot really do think you're something special don't you. It's laughable

Read some of your own forums - I accept a very few have got it, 99% still think it's a PL conspiracy against plucky little Poopey. We're not special, just on the ball

The PL are desperate to get this season finished and all fixtures completed to avoid complications.

Once the final table is complete, and they're out of the Premiership, the roof falls in for P*mpey.

Bigtime.

Excellent - some quality post-season entertainment to look forward to. Should keep us going until the World Cup starts. :D

I also don't see how they can be appointing a new Chief Exec at this time - isn't Android supposed to be solely responsible for running the show?

Seems odd to appoint a new CEO as any new owner would be likely to want to appoint their own man.

This says to me that there is virtually no chance of there being a new owner any time soon. :)

And, just as intriguing, why would a bloke with his supposed pedigree even want to consider a job in that cess pit :confused:

Oh do stop this tiresome drivel.

Do you think corporate insolvencies are done and dusted in a couple of weeks? They are screwed. They were never likely to get wound-up as a result of HMRC's petition; they were always likely to enter admin first. The only reason some people, including me, thought they might actually get wound-up at that point was because the people pulling the strings have a criminal past and genuinely didn't seem to give two hoots what happened.

They are clearly screwed. Unless you think someone uber-rich is going to buy them, they will be screwed for years.

That's great news then.

And, just as intriguing, why would a bloke with his supposed pedigree even want to consider a job in that cess pit :confused:

Yeah, that's odd too. Maybe he wants to get his hands dirty (metaphorically!) with a club as opposed to staying with the regulators. If he can do a good job there it would look good in his CV as he's going to have one hell of a challenge!

Agents don't seem to like "banana man"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-450992/Agents-angry-FAs-bananas-man.html

"The agents? anger is directed mainly at FA compliance department chief David Lampitt, who has recently been promoted to head of financial regulations despite the widespread criticism he attracts.

This reached a head when a banana was put in a seat that Lampitt should have occupied at a top-level sports industry conference debate about agents."

Sometimes I feel like we're missing something here.

How come Andy Android seems to carry on like everything is fine & being put in place for next season - a new CEO, talk of season tickets going on sale directly, an absolute presumption that the CVA is a formality.

Is he whistling in the dark or does he know that Chainrai/the Gaydys will bail them out before next season. For instance this Clampitt guy must have a good idea what has been going on down the road, but is still giving up a job with the FA for it.

Without lapsing into the world of the CHEATS are going to get away with it, it still seems like none of it quite squares at the moment with what we think we know.

Theyt are going to have a Creditors meeting in 4 weeks. OK understand that bit.

They wish to discuss and agree a CVA at that meeting?

Might be being thick here but HOW?

A CVA means they agree how much money they will accept? But if nobody has made any offer for the club how then can they have a CVA?

They may discuss what they would accept, but FFS when Fry came on board that was about the FIRST thing he did, he didn't wait 8 weeks or so to see what they would accept, he KNEW that figure from the moment he started to talk to people, all he then did was to try and get as MUCH as possible.

Either I'm reading this wrong or something is really odd

They still have income due from Sky.If AA has negotiated the advance of it all, and has player sales lined up (ok, that will only be a few million), then he may well be able to put that up as an 'offer' to try and get shot of the creditors. He may also include the sale of FP in that. Granted though that all income will need to have costs of admin, and continued running of the club deducted.

I forsee AA telling them to take it or leave it, pointing out that every week that goes by means that the amount they can pay will be reduced due to ongoing running costs.

If they agree (yeah, right), then he's left with a debt free club, with large contracts in place, a minus 15 start and no ground to give away to any one who fancies it.....Cracking!

Lampitt talking today:

"I am delighted to have the opportunity to take up this new challenge with Portsmouth," he told the club's website.

"The club has been through some tough times this season and I intend to bring some stability and transparency to operations.

"Pompey have some of the best fans in the country and they deserve their great support to be matched by equally high standards of governance at the club."

Another one who has fallen for this bollix!

Agents don't seem to like "banana man"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-450992/Agents-angry-FAs-bananas-man.html

"The agents? anger is directed mainly at FA compliance department chief David Lampitt, who has recently been promoted to head of financial regulations despite the widespread criticism he attracts.

This reached a head when a banana was put in a seat that Lampitt should have occupied at a top-level sports industry conference debate about agents."

After reading that article I wonder IF the FA decided to "let" him join Pimpey so that they, the FA,

could have better relations with the agents. These agents do seem to have a lot of power

over their clients.

'I intend to bring some stability and transparency to operations' said the new ceo...

Do what?? - Transparency's the last thing they need with money laundering, 'unusual' player activity and financial irregularities still on the go, AA will go up the wall when he sees that.

Lampitt must have been brought in to try and cover up the criminality not to advertise it.

I sense a new comedy chapter opening up, the fact that he was responsible for integrity is funny enough for starters.

Lampitt's diary notes for the next week -

Day one - seems like a friendly club, we should be able to turn things round.

Day two - got relegated.

Day three - got hammered out of the cup.

Day four - had the fraud squad knock the front door in at 6am, then AA sold half the squad for peanuts, fan unrest.

Day five - went for a farewell bash with Avram and got arrested by the vice squad, had to evict Storrie from my office.

Day six - had death threats from the Russian mafia, after lunch we gave away the other half of the squad, fan protests gathering pace.

Day seven - my Mondeo was blown up by Israeli secret service, also had some bad news from HMRC, and Lens, and Portpin, and Gaydamak, and Sol Campbell.

Day eight - called the FA and asked if they've filled my post yet.

I cannot see Lampitt giving up that cushey job at FA to go to poopey. I reckon the FA have put him in (Head of Football Integrity) to sniff out more underhand dealings and to see what Androcles is up to. I bet Lampitt's job has been left open at the FA.

I cannot see Lampitt giving up that cushey job at FA to go to poopey. I reckon the FA have put him in (Head of Football Integrity) to sniff out more underhand dealings and to see what Androcles is up to. I bet Lampitt's job has been left open at the FA.

Nice theory, if true I bet we never get to hear a thing as they drift off into that long dark night. Part of the "advancing the parachute money deal perhaps"

more likely to hush things up, the football authorities are sh*tting themselves over what is going to be uneathed at fratton.

A very interesting theory which may have some credence. I've been trying to figure why AA would be putting in a new CEO - does he have the authority to do so given that as the administrator he is in effect the CEO? And, as someone has already pointed out, if the club is sold then the new owners would want their own man in place.

Why do you think Pompey fans are so down on him being administrator chaps. His record at Swindon and the dirt in the Sunday Times article would be enough but when he's appointed by Chainrai and shares a solicitor with him (but says they'd never met) and then keeps saying Chainrai's the only credible person to take over after admin it just stinks more and more. He's been there 8 weeks but hasn't started the forensic accounting yet? Excuse me but isn't that a vital part of finding a new owner? Let's not even discuss him starting to talk about running the business for the next couple of seasons or his blatant obstruction of the group looking to take over.

He's part of the same corrupt crew (Chainrai, Azougy, Jacobs and their cronies) who have siphoned off millions from the club that could and should have been used to pay creditors. It's not the club, it's not the fans, it's these ******s.

And it's pretty clear that despite putting nothing into the club (Chainrai paid £17m to Pompey, Faraj transferred it straight to the Falcondrone BVI account and then no doubt it was transferred straight back to Chainrai's/ Portpin's BVI account) Chainrai will walk away with at least £14m (plus whatever he's already leached out of us) along with the next couple of years parachute payments if Andronikou gets his way. No wonder you lot are loving it.

Yep. You bet we're loving it.

Do you remember that thread after we had been taken over by Markus Liebherr that asked whether you would prefer to be a Saint or a Skate, even though we were in the third division and you were in the Premiership? I seem to recall you defending your preference pretty strongly, even though you were already on the slide.

Care to reveal whether you may have changed your mind? After all, our future seems to look pretty bright and stable, whereas even the most obstinate dull-brained Skate is having to admit to themselves that Pompey's future looks incredibly bleak. The possibilities include you not getting a wealthy owner, not clearing the CVA, playing in the fizzy pop with potentially no ground and no decent players and -15 points or even more. In just over a year, provided that you haven't been liquidated, we will swap divisions and that will be that for years and years.

The future's bright - and it's Red & White.

Yeah, that's odd too. Maybe he wants to get his hands dirty (metaphorically!) with a club as opposed to staying with the regulators. If he can do a good job there it would look good in his CV as he's going to have one hell of a challenge!

Perhaps what i say is drivel, but how many times have we been told they are finished?

Some very good judges have been proved wrong so far about this business and the Administrator instead of losing costs has appointed a new CEO, that would increase their costs not lose them.

I have been very cauious about the trumpetting of their demise as they keep wriggling.

I have not bothered to go back and look at your posts pre the high court case, but if you were then saying they were toast or goners you were at that time yourself talking drivel as it turned out incorrect.

When they go out of the cup perhaps your prediction will come to pass but the sheer audacity of how things are going seem to go against all laws of business practice. I have yet to see anyone who seems to be able to give a full account of why.

That is not a criticism of anyone but just shows how things are in this case

Perhaps what i say is drivel, but how many times have we been told they are finished?

Some very good judges have been proved wrong so far about this business and the Administrator instead of losing costs has appointed a new CEO, that would increase their costs not lose them.

I have been very cauious about the trumpetting of their demise as they keep wriggling.

I have not bothered to go back and look at your posts pre the high court case, but if you were then saying they were toast or goners you were at that time yourself talking drivel as it turned out incorrect.

When they go out of the cup perhaps your prediction will come to pass but the sheer audacity of how things are going seem to go against all laws of business practice. I have yet to see anyone who seems to be able to give a full account of why.

nick..you seem to think them turning into toast was going to happen in a few weeks...? when in fact, it is still happening

I'm not sure whether you're being deliberately thick or just a bit blinkered...

They are TOAST!

They have no money - we know this because Vantis provided a statement of affairs to the high court which stated they owed various people £70m!! - this has been confirmed and even made bigger by their 'mock' administrator and now stands at £100m!

They have the worst fans in the world ™ who are deserting them in their 1000s thus reducing the amount of money coming in.

They have an administrator who seems to think that the best way to reduce costs is to get rid of a few part timers, and appoint a new CEO :rolleyes: - which technically is his job anyway!

So, unless they get a really stupid person to buy them who has buckets full of money to **** against the wall [good luck with that!!], there is no way a CVA will be approved - they cannot legally offer 100% of the football creditors debt without offering the same to ALL the other unsecured creditors, including HMRC - so they will start in the Chumpionship next season on negative points.

I'm not sure what your definition of 'toast' is, but that's enough for a start isn't it? Unless of course you'd only accept them going completely bust - which to be fair is still a REAL possibility :D

there's a general feeling that they should be despatched to the conference or worse and until that happens many here will consider that they have got away with it.

I still believe they are in BIG trouble but we have yet to see decent progress on that front, until we see real sanctions the 'toast' debate will smoulder on.

I'm sure the unusual and timely appointment of a new ceo isn't a blatant attempt to buy off the main FA investigator, that would be a ridiculous allegation.

Though it does look like the prosecution's lead solicitor has just changed sides

mid-investigation.

And from today's papers there are concerns about these new contract issues and that Pompey will field a weakened side from Monday.

1. This would not be weakened but their real side, one that isn't artificially-strengthened through financial irregularity.

2. I think it will be shown in their starting line up tomorrow that they have been resting players in the league for the last month, thus breaking further Prem rules.

3. As Avram states he doesn't know about these contract issues, he must be very thick.

Hopefully Harry will walk into town dressed as Judge Dredd and issue justice on the pitch.

Bale to Crouch, get in there!

Just a question at what point did Didane not become available due to the additional money to be paid to his former club, Was it after they got through to the FA semi final.

Strange how he can play two more games all of a sudden. If they win tomorrow, then he can play in the final. I hope they lose or it goes to a replay (or is it penalties.) they are really a bunch of cheating C**nts

Just a question at what point did Didane not become available due to the additional money to be paid to his former club, Was it after they got through to the FA semi final.

Strange how he can play two more games all of a sudden. If they win tomorrow, then he can play in the final. I hope they lose or it goes to a replay (or is it penalties.) they are really a bunch of cheating C**nts

If it goes to a replay he'll be 'unfit' for the replay.

Still, there's always Riquelme to fall back on.

CHEATS

If they get relagated today and loose tomorrow i reckon the fun will begin on monday..

Hmm, doubt it.

Think there will be more twists and turns yet.

Wouldn't mind betting that there will be several million reasons why they have to get to the end of the season and officially become a part of the CCC. I doubt their parachute payment will be paid out however it is tied up as security simply because they are technically relegated this weekend.

I would also bet that somehow some people have managed to find a way to ensure that they milk that 15mil out of the club for little if any return.

I may also have been a little conservative in my commercial ideas and terms for interest on anything linked to that money. I thought credit card rates may apply, but that may be too low. maybe nearer 33.333% would match a missing number or two if recent weeks in the debts/income statements.

Nice work if you can get it.

Seeming like they are even more fooked than a fooked person would think it possible to be fooked up and the only reason they are still on life support is simply to ensure that no possible drop of blood is extracted from the living corpse.

Look our for lots of Marketing vibes sponsporship deals and oh yes next season's kit going on sale - all extra cash to suck out before the inevitable oh dear we tried so hard for those fantastic fans statement

I bought some new Kappa trainers a week ago, should have known:

"Kappa have signed a five-year deal with Pompey to become the club's official kit partner.

The deal starts from next season but the Blues will wear a special one-off Kappa kit in Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham at Wembley.

Pompey's head of operations Lucius Peart said: "We are delighted to be working with such an iconic sporting brand and we look forward to building a strong relationship with Kappa.

"We can't wait to see the players take to the field at Wembley on Sunday wearing their new Kappa kit.

"It looks really strong and we have really tried to integrate all the historical aspects of the club's kit by being very careful and particular with the choice of colours."

Kappa CEO Simon Bamber said: "We are delighted to be partnering with Pompey. Their long history and tradition - and above all their incredible support - makes us proud to be part of the club's future."

Read more: http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=194640#ixzz0khRWY2fe"

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I bought some new Kappa trainers a week ago, should have known:

"Kappa have signed a five-year deal with Pompey to become the club's official kit partner.

The deal starts from next season but the Blues will wear a special one-off Kappa kit in Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham at Wembley.

Pompey's head of operations Lucius Peart said: "We are delighted to be working with such an iconic sporting brand and we look forward to building a strong relationship with Kappa.

"We can't wait to see the players take to the field at Wembley on Sunday wearing their new Kappa kit.

"It looks really strong and we have really tried to integrate all the historical aspects of the club's kit by being very careful and particular with the choice of colours."

Kappa CEO Simon Bamber said: "We are delighted to be partnering with Pompey. Their long history and tradition - and above all their incredible support - makes us proud to be part of the club's future."

Read more: http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=194640#ixzz0khRWY2fe"

It looks like a seagull has done a massive crap on the shoulder.