Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

But the income due is guarenteed from the PL and tv companies and so a nice risk free earner I would have thought

But surely they have to be a fully functioning club in order to receive the payments. If a team that is relegated them promoted before the parachute payment schedule is completed (i.e. after one season) the remaining parachute payment is distributed among the other Football League teams. If a club is liquidated in the same timeframe then surely the same thing would happen to the outstanding payments - they would go to the FL clubs.

The PL have never been tested on this but I would have thought that would be the course of events.

Think Walter has fixed this on the ibase 3rd year project, sorry website. Marc, if you're listening, no offence. Could you also correct the same misspelling on the LinkedIn page? Spelling is one thing , but is there anyone on here who can offer free credibility gap advice to our friend?

The only gap that needs filling is the void between his ears, it must be immense. The only thing that worries me is that business' might actually rely upon his 'so called' services - it is bloody scary really when you think about it.

I just got this spam email and immediately thought of Pompy.

http://www.cubeupload.com/files/d74200hmrc.jpg

I wonder if Mr Android is feverishly clicking his email folders in hope of the same kind of ''refund''. :)

I think you'll find that it was 'Mr Taxman' taking offence to PFC's reluctance to add to the nations tax collection that started this whole sorry mess. Even PFC wouldn't be so stupid enough to think that they actually qualified for a tax rebate.... would they....???? ;)

As there is little chance of a CVA, that may explain this rash of tales from 'Arry as he seeks a CYA defence.

Don't bet on it. I wouldn't be surprised if AA is busy working on getting Gay boy's unsecured creditor status above the magic 75% mark.

My take is he's trying to get a CVA approved 'in principle' first from all the creditors, then he'll know how much money he needs to go looking for...

I'm no expert on these things, but I'm not sure that's the best way to do things, but then this is Pompey we're talking about....

Or just one, if 75% of the unsecured debt is owed to that particular "creditor".

As some of us visionaries correctly predicted, Jesus has walked amongst the halt and the lame of Poopey this Easter and the sick are risen from their beds. Praise the Lord!

(Or just possibly Avram Judas Grant was just conning the media fopr the sympathy vote)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Pompey-given-triple-injury-boost.6205158.jp

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=677803#post677803

CHEATS! :snipe:

Hmm, anything you'd like to share Benjii? Do you have a penchant for photocopiers, and failing to buy football clubs? :-k

:lol:

People say I'm a photocopier salesman but I'm not.... sure I might have sold the odd photocopier now and then.... who hasn't?

Edited by benjii

:lol:

People say I'm a photocopier salesman but I'm not.... sure I might have sold the odd photocopier now and then.... who hasn't?

Ahhhh right - I understand now - so you'd be one of those 'business strategist' types then eh...???? ;)

Don't bet on it. I wouldn't be surprised if AA is busy working on getting Gay boy's unsecured creditor status above the magic 75% mark.

Or just one, if 75% of the unsecured debt is owed to that particular "creditor".

The real problem at the moment for AA isn't getting a CVA accepted by the required %age of creditors, but being able to put one on the table in the first place.

A CVA is an offer of some pence in the pound to settle debts. In order to offer some pence in the pound you need money. Without a buyer, he hasn't got any. AA himself acknowledged recently that to go down the CVA route, Chainrai will have to put more cash into the club now. Would you?

I think I must have been abducted by Aliens after the JPT final.

One minute I was standing on the platform at Waterloo and when I woke up 2hours and 10 minutes later I was in Salisbury and dying for a krap.

Must have been aliens as the train ride up had only taken 1 hour 24 mins.

Hic

I think I must have been abducted by Aliens after the JPT final.

One minute I was standing on the platform at Waterloo and when I woke up 2hours and 10 minutes later I was in Salisbury and dying for a krap.

Must have been aliens as the train ride up had only taken 1 hour 24 mins.

Hic

I think that you are on the wrong thread Phil! This is the one about 1950/60`s kids programmes not the "Alien Abduction"one!!

So you will also remember Captain Pugwash and yes Master Bates !!!

There was never a character called Master Bates in Captain Pugwash.

Neither was there a Seaman Staines or a Roger The Cabin-boy.

HTH.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

I remember Noggin the Nog and Ivor the Engine as a lad, They had more supporters than Pompey and probably still have...

picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=387

There's a Joy Divisionesque dark romantic streak running through the Ivor saga.

What I can't work out is how Idris the Dragon, who sleeps in Ivor's firebox, manages to appear from the chimney. As you are all no doubt well aware of the basic design principles of a steam engine boiler and will therefore know that smoke tubes for a loco of Ivor's class would be 2" internal diameter at most, too narrow for any dragon species to get through that I've ever come across. I mean it's laughable!

Thomas is for kids.

Oh, and....

CHEATS!!

Ok..to pull it back on thread.

We lovingly know him as 'Andy Android'..so to put the two themes together..perhaps he could be 'Metal Mickey'. Or Bod. Everyone forgot Bod.

On the Pimpley side of things, Utaka's in the Express today saying it's good they are underdogs.

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/167914/John-Utaka-has-a-spur-to-beat-odds

So are we now saying that there is only one chance of saving P*mpey and that's Michael Wilde the 2nd?

And if he doesn't come up with the goods then I assume there will be no buyer buy the start of next season so they will have more sanctions and penalties imposed?

I just can't see how anyone other than a die-hard super-wealthy, fan would invest in PFC... and to my knowledge, I know of no super-wealthy P*mpey fans.

As a business venture it's plain to see that there is no return on this business and the figures just don't add up to be a viable investment.

They are not a Premiership side anymore, they will not be a 'well-supported' Championship side and there is the very real possibility they will start next season on -15 which will have them as favourites for relegation to league one.

Why would anyone buy them? I really can't find a reason, even when I do take my SFC-hazed glasses off...?

I think that you are on the wrong thread Phil! This is the one about 1950/60`s kids programmes not the "Alien Abduction"one!!

Gosh darn it - you see how those sneaky feckers work, they not only abduct people but also your posts....

Meanwhile back at The Andy Pandy show up the road

Whatever reason Arkadi... sorry, I meant Sasha, Gaydamak bought them for?

Swapping broadcasting royalties with blood stained cash I think, tv money in the fizzy leagues is vastly reduced. I guess they could swap season ticket money with dirty funds, but knowing the 'few' that moneys probably dodgy already!

Found this in the main bored;

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/paulkelso/100006898/mawhinney-urges-football-league-to-tackle-financial-reform-in-parting-shot/

It left me thinking that all of Mawhinneys concerns revolve entirely around poopey, and there disgraceful/criminal/immoral behaviour.

Abusing the taxman, using HMRC as a bank loans, then defaulting on public money...

Overpaying players at the expense of other clubs such as Wolves...

Agents, eg, Willy Mckay, Redknapp and Storrie etc

Football creditors rule, not paying St. Johns Ambulance, Terry the builder etc...

Encouraging owner/director engagement with governing bodies: Ali Al Mirage!

Owners/benefactors lumping bridging loans on there club and creaming interest: Arkadi/Sasha, Comical Ali and Baloo Changalang!

Fit to trade/ unsustainable debt: Check!

So if Lord Mawhinney leaves his legacy with these plans being taken forward, the skates will continue to be the most morally reprehensible football club in the land.

Im getting a bit TIRED of all this, the press started to expose the skates for the disgrace that they are, but they seem to have laid off, and they were barely scratching the surface in the first place.

Im ANGRY that HMRC backed down, they should have pulled the trigger for the greater good.

I take COMFORT that in a couple of years time, we will have finally gone full circle (SFC).

As we charge back up to the top of the game, the skates cling on to anything they can as the bailiffs kick the doors in, this 5-6-7 year blip will be all but a distant memory.

And I can go back to not really having a clue what little poopey are up to, just like it used to be!

UTS

The News is posting that Dindane can now play on Sunday as they had 'miscounted' the number of games he could play, and it is in fact 22 instead of 20 before they have to pay Lens the £4 million.

Perhaps the inbreeding gives them some problems with the decimal system (The Romans based it on the number of fingers and thumbs of a non portsea resident) or could it be that the extra 2 games are Mr Storries usual 10% cut ?

So are we now saying that there is only one chance of saving P*mpey and that's Michael Wilde the 2nd?

And if he doesn't come up with the goods then I assume there will be no buyer buy the start of next season so they will have more sanctions and penalties imposed?

I just can't see how anyone other than a die-hard super-wealthy, fan would invest in PFC... and to my knowledge, I know of no super-wealthy P*mpey fans.

As a business venture it's plain to see that there is no return on this business and the figures just don't add up to be a viable investment.

They are not a Premiership side anymore, they will not be a 'well-supported' Championship side and there is the very real possibility they will start next season on -15 which will have them as favourites for relegation to league one.

Why would anyone buy them? I really can't find a reason, even when I do take my SFC-hazed glasses off...?

You're right in that nobody will buy them for more than the value of the assets, so Chanrai will stay as owner and sort out a deal with Gaydamak that sees them getting the most back out of the club that they can - and will do whatever is necessary. I really can see Poopey still being around in some form - but with Fratton sold off and all decent players gone.

all these positive stories, the players miraculously throwing away crutches, running off fractured cheekbones etc, and the captivating 'is he/isn't he' Dindane-hype is aimed at one thing - selling tickets that they can't shift, to dim people.

'Fortress Fratton', 'the siege mentality', 'Pompey til they die' - it's all rubbish aimed at motivating the hard of thinking.

The facts show that the fans have already abandoned ship, the players still aren't good enough, and AA isn't a real administrator, he's just buying time as he works to get Chanrai his and the child-maimer's monies back - this game is his last big opportunity.

So while it's lovely to hear all of the team news, can we just get back to the real issue and check up on how the whole 'paying off the massive debt thang' is progressing?......

Whether Dinadane or Messi plays for them is irrelevant - they need a billionaire not a gutsy showing in a cup game.

I thought Pardew's jacket and tracksuit combination nearly worked at Wembley, has Avram selected himself a nice Thai for the weekend?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Pompey-star-can-play-in.6213752.jp

What a farce. The club did not know that the trigger for Dindane was 22 games not 20. Someone is playing games here and I don't mean football.

And people wonder why I have said time and again 'Pompey will get away with it'

All of a sudden their injury ravaged side has got 4 players back.

Spurs should win,but dark forces are in play

all these positive stories, the players miraculously throwing away crutches, running off fractured cheekbones etc, and the captivating 'is he/isn't he' Dindane-hype is aimed at one thing - selling tickets that they can't shift, to dim people.

'Fortress Fratton', 'the siege mentality', 'Pompey til they die' - it's all rubbish aimed at motivating the hard of thinking.

The facts show that the fans have already abandoned ship, the players still aren't good enough, and AA isn't a real administrator, he's just buying time as he works to get Chanrai his and the child-maimer's monies back - this game is his last big opportunity.

So while it's lovely to hear all of the team news, can we just get back to the real issue and check up on how the whole 'paying off the massive debt thang' is progressing?......

Whether Dinadane or Messi plays for them is irrelevant - they need a billionaire not a gutsy showing in a cup game.

I thought Pardew's jacket and tracksuit combination nearly worked at Wembley, has Avram selected himself a nice Thai for the weekend?

Absolute class as always, rallyboy :D

Good post, and might not be far from the truth..but the drip drip of its all over is wearing thin as no action is happening. No doubt if they lose sunday then it will go into meltdown and the players will hae to find other employers

cos we are very special stuey,,,,,:smt008