Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They got a Europa Cup place as well next season, if their allowed to compete in it.

they haven't.

been confirmed a few weeks back that they did not send the documentation through to UEFA in time to even be considered, if there was a possibility.

so that place will go to the 7th place team afaik.

so they get more luck, thats wehy I cant help thinking they will get away with it. Relegation is hardly punisdhment and add to that the worldwide coverage will up their profile and you never know if a benefactor comes forward

they haven't.

been confirmed a few weeks back that they did not send the documentation through to UEFA in time to even be considered, if there was a possibility.

so that place will go to the 7th place team afaik.

Ah yes of course.

Now we're gonna have to put up with even more cringeworthy PR from Avram saying they should be given special dispensation

Interesting though - they obvioulsy did sell thier allocation and some, and what happened to the easy Spurs win.

Spurs final and finishing ball was hopeless, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. They may get tonked in the final (don't bet on it though) but credit where it's due - they've done ok to get to the final.

Who knows, the FA may yet be further embarrassed by the fact that thier showpiece cup competition being won by a team that has cheated it's way through both league and cup, whilst they have stood by and done nothing.

Interesting though - they obvioulsy did sell thier allocation and some, and what happened to the easy Spurs win.

Spurs final and finishing ball was hopeless, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. They may get tonked in the final (don't bet on it though) but credit where it's due - they've done ok to get to the final.

Who knows, the FA may yet be further embarrassed by the fact that thier showpiece cup competition being won by a team that has cheated it's way through both league and cup, whilst they have stood by and done nothing.

There were plenty of empty seats in the upper tier.

so they get more luck, thats wehy I cant help thinking they will get away with it. Relegation is hardly punisdhment and add to that the worldwide coverage will up their profile and you never know if a benefactor comes forward

So a benefactor comes forward and inspects the books... what do you think he would find Nick?

So no Euro tour, makes you wonder why they didn't want UEFA poking their noses into their books!

This may be a silly question but I understand that Pompey won't be allowed to compete in the Championship next season unless they clear all their footballing debts.

Will these footballing debts simply be cleared by the Sky/Parachute money to allow them to play or is it likely to be more complicated than that?

not going into europe as the bonuses paid would have been to great, david james said on football focus yesterday

Does that mean English clubs lose a European spot because the Skates won or does that mean the Premier League gets another entry?

I'm now rooting for a Pompey FA cup win :D

What does the winner of the cup get, £1m isn't it?

Since Storrie the wonder negotiator negotiated all the player's contracts, I'm willing to bet it'll cost them around £2.5m in FA cup winning bonuses again :D

Thus increasing their football debt and edging out HMRC?

This may be a silly question but I understand that Pompey won't be allowed to compete in the Championship next season unless they clear all their footballing debts.

Will these footballing debts simply be cleared by the Sky/Parachute money to allow them to play or is it likely to be more complicated than that?

They (as a club) have as much chance of ever seeing that parachute money as we have of a direct promotion to the Premier League for being a nice club.:cool:

ronnie rosenthal, dean richards, harry redknapp, alan sugar, darren anderton, Glenda hoddle, oh when the spurs, ian walkers hair..now this. Only the fact that those filthy inbred cheating *****s have disgustingly ignored every rule and bought players on tick without the slightest intention of paying them or paying their taxes and then having the pure cheek to whine that it's all so unfair and it's not been a level playing field makes me despise them more than the poxy ****ing yids. Well done you useless tits. 4th place pmsl. I hope harry works his financial wizardry like his other clubs.

For which said administrator will be liable? That's the deal, isn't it?

He is responsible for any liabilities taken on during his watch.

I can't believe that the "cutting to the bone" that he has done so far has resulted in them becoming profitable, even with the cup run.

My vote still goes for toast.

Since Storrie the wonder negotiator negotiated all the player's contracts, I'm willing to bet it'll cost them around £2.5m in FA cup winning bonuses again :D

No, really you're not, thats just daft.

They (as a club) have as much chance of ever seeing that parachute money as we have of a direct promotion to the Premier League for being a nice club.:cool:

So is the scenario of them not being allowed in the Championship a genuine possibility?

Does that mean English clubs lose a European spot because the Skates won or does that mean the Premier League gets another entry?

England still has the same amount of Europa League slots as before (presumably +1 if Liverpool or Fulham win it). One should go to the winners of the FA Cup but if the winners have already qualified, the FA hand it to the runners-up (but that is at their discretion). In this instance (and in most instances outside this country) they will hand it to the 7th placed team.

£900k for winning the semi-final, £900k for losing the final £1.8m for winning the final. Who'll get the money, I wonder?

B@stards was my first thought.

Haha, but now they have to face full strength Chelski with apparently 6 of their squad unlikely to play.

Retribution could well begin in the showpiece final.

About ****ing time too.

C H E A T S

But those six will play. They will renounce their contractual entitlements to enable them to play. They have to to add to their value on the transfer market as they will all be looking for new clubs at the end of the season. They have nothing to lose by not revoking those clauses that mean new contracts and financial bonuses. They either do not play in the final and lose out or revoke their contractual entitlements and play - what would you do?

P****y are not, despite everyone's claims, toast. Despite the speculation they soldier on and there is something eerily worrying about the appointment of a new chief executive who used to work for the FA. The man is not stupid so what does he know that we don't? All the predictions of those ITK on this thread have so far been proved totally wrong and I, for one, am not going to bet on them becoming 'toast' - who knows what they are up to behind those closed doors!