Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

But those six will play. They will renounce their contractual entitlements to enable them to play. They have to to add to their value on the transfer market as they will all be looking for new clubs at the end of the season. They have nothing to lose by not revoking those clauses that mean new contracts and financial bonuses. They either do not play in the final and lose out or revoke their contractual entitlements and play - what would you do?

P****y are not, despite everyone's claims, toast. Despite the speculation they soldier on and there is something eerily worrying about the appointment of a new chief executive who used to work for the FA. The man is not stupid so what does he know that we don't? All the predictions of those ITK on this thread have so far been proved totally wrong and I, for one, am not going to bet on them becoming 'toast' - who knows what they are up to behind those closed doors!

What is going on behind closed doors could be loosely termed as 'nefarious chicanery'.

P****y are not, despite everyone's claims, toast. Despite the speculation they soldier on and there is something eerily worrying about the appointment of a new chief executive who used to work for the FA. The man is not stupid so what does he know that we don't? All the predictions of those ITK on this thread have so far been proved totally wrong and I, for one, am not going to bet on them becoming 'toast' - who knows what they are up to behind those closed doors!

I beg to differ.

They are over £100m in debt, they will only have a few players at the start of the next season. They are yet to agree a CVA or have any credible buyer come forward.

They have no training ground, and their stadium is falling apart.

Apart from that, everything is rosy for them.

But those six will play. They will renounce their contractual entitlements to enable them to play. They have to to add to their value on the transfer market as they will all be looking for new clubs at the end of the season. They have nothing to lose by not revoking those clauses that mean new contracts and financial bonuses. They either do not play in the final and lose out or revoke their contractual entitlements and play - what would you do?

Yeah, everthing is fine and dandy. Cooooor, wish we were relegated, 100m in debt, hocked up to the eyeballs, getting rid of everything of value and facing certain relegation again next season.

I'd be chuffed to bits.

B@stards was my first thought.

Haha, but now they have to face full strength Chelski with apparently 6 of their squad unlikely to play.

Retribution could well begin in the showpiece final.

About ****ing time too.

C H E A T S

I've been rather ambivalent about whether they won today, for much the same reasons as you. If it is indeed correct that by playing today, several of their players cannot play any further part in the Skate's season without invoking massive bonus payments or the right to a renewed contract, then it will be a major embarrassment for the FA. The players can withdraw their right to those contract renewals or bonuses if they wish, but certainly the club under administration cannot afford them. And so the possibility looms large that the Skates will have to field a weakened team for the remainder of the season, raising the prospect of other clubs complaining that this is against the rules of the Premiership, especially as it might have an adverse affect on the top and the bottom of the division.

That covers the matches in the league, but what about the implications for the FA Cup final? Either those players forego those bonuses and contracts, or they miss out on potentially the greatest match of their careers with the glory attained should they win. And if they decide not to play, then again they will be fielding a massively weakened team against arguably the strongest team in British football. If Chelski really do the business on them and beat them by a ridiculous number of goals, then the FA Cup will be massively devalued and the FA will have egg all over their faces.

And anyway, they beat Harry Redcrapp's Spurs. I don't recall many on here believing that his stay here as manager was any sort of golden era and that they would like him back under any circumstances. After all, he got us relegated and then went back to the Skates and brought them success that he was unable to produce for us. So watching his team being beaten would have been a pleasure had it not been the Skates. And after all, it was also Spurs that they beat too. It isn't as if they are the favourite second team of many Saints fans since the Hoddle incident. When we played them in the FA Cup last, we tonked them 4-0.

So I certainly take the view that the whole scenario yet to unfold is really too delicious for words.

I suppose the positives are:

1. Chelsea should rip them a new ass hole in the final.

2. Going to a cup final is going to make it even harder for them to take getting smashed by S****horpe next year while Chanrai bleeds them dry of their parachute money.

Didn't we all say Spurs would do that in the semi's ?

Put your money on them in the Final. They will be good odds and lets face it the number of lucky breaks they have had in every round, as well as the bending of some rules to me shows their name is on the Cup this year !

We might as well have the consolation of making a few quid off them !

I suppose the positives are:

1. Chelsea should rip them a new ass hole in the final.

2. Going to a cup final is going to make it even harder for them to take getting smashed by S****horpe next year while Chanrai bleeds them dry of their parachute money.

Likewise with Spurs today.

They're getting the luck of the cup again, exactly how they won it in 2008 and if they win it this year than it would make this season very ****.

This may be a silly question but I understand that Pompey won't be allowed to compete in the Championship next season unless they clear all their footballing debts.

Will these footballing debts simply be cleared by the Sky/Parachute money to allow them to play or is it likely to be more complicated than that?

I understand that the SKY parachute money for two years has already been given by the FA to the Administrator to allow him to pay the players and keep the club going till the end of the season!

After posting this:

Dindane has, according to the Skates, one more game to play before invoking the £4m fee?

So, between now and the cup final, which game will he not be fit to play in?

All of them you say? they wouldn't cheat like that . . . .

. . . would they? . . .

. . . Surely not?

Oh!

CHEATS

Here: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/wembley/Pompey-through-to-FA-Cup.6218700.jp?CommentPage=5&CommentPageLength=10#5122966

One of the skates (Paul PO3) posted this:

"Were Relegated so think the young lads will get a run out and they deserve it, most of the players playing today should have been still in training to assess comeback from injuries, so we beat spurs with a crocked team, if they rest Dindane I have no problem with it after the amount of times he took a tumble today from spurs fouls. nice to see the scum still sore about their 4-1 thrashing, i see the spurs fans left before it was finished, did that tv footage bring back too sore memories lol."

They just don't get it do they? Blame the Cup for costing them last time, blame the EPL, anybody but themselves and then still continue with their cheating ways.

The Blue Phew, back to their inglorious cheating best!

You lot neet to man up you soppy bunch of ****s

Can I just say, firstly, that despite what a lot of posters on here continue to insist, I thought your fans did you proud yesterday.

Can I also just ask you to comment on how lucky you got to win that game 2-0? Your first goal should never have happened as Dawson would easily have got to the ball before Piquionne but slipped over cos of the awful pitch. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the disallowed Spurs equaliser that I could see, and the replays clearly show for the penalty incident that the Spurs defender won the ball.

You got a massive, massive helping hand from both the Wembley groundsmen (who must surely face the Spanish Inquisition after the travesty of both semi-finals this weekend) and a referee who was either incompetent or corrupt.

Can I just say, firstly, that despite what a lot of posters on here continue to insist, I thought your fans did you proud yesterday.

Can I also just ask you to comment on how lucky you got to win that game 2-0? Your first goal should never have happened as Dawson would easily have got to the ball before Piquionne but slipped over cos of the awful pitch. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the disallowed Spurs equaliser that I could see, and the replays clearly show for the penalty incident that the Spurs defender won the ball.

You got a massive, massive helping hand from both the Wembley groundsmen (who must surely face the Spanish Inquisition after the travesty of both semi-finals this weekend) and a referee who was either incompetent or corrupt.

PMSL, you girls aren't bitter at all are you?

So you're saying now we may have bought off the ref? Sorry, but that's the way football goes. Some decisions go for you and some go against you. Dawson slipped but there were a couple of times when our strikers could have been through but slipped. And whilst those decisions went for us there were at least three fantastic opportunities we had to score that we didn't take.

If we want to talk about dodgy decisions let's talk about the winning goal in the 1976 cup final that should clearly have been flagged as offside. Shall we debate that one?

We got the rub of the green yesterday and won the game. The same's happened to you lot on many occasions because that's the way football goes. Just get over it. The bitterness you're showing is making you look ridiculous and not a little pathetic.

So you're saying now we may have bought off the ref? Sorry, but that's the way football goes. Some decisions go for you and some go against you. Dawson slipped but there were a couple of times when our strikers could have been through but slipped. And whilst those decisions went for us there were at least three fantastic opportunities we had to score that we didn't take.

If we want to talk about dodgy decisions let's talk about the winning goal in the 1976 cup final that should clearly have been flagged as offside. Shall we debate that one?

We got the rub of the green yesterday and won the game. The same's happened to you lot on many occasions because that's the way football goes. Just get over it. The bitterness you're showing is making you look ridiculous and not a little pathetic.

pot....kettle! :rolleyes:

it wasnt that long ago you lot were doing exactly the same thing.

p.s yesterday you got to the final, not won anything yet. I suggest you take a look at who it is you will be playing and remember the 5-0 hammering you got from them recently. Oh and whilst you are at it, league table is looking good isnt it :D

well done

wonder how many will be at fratton for next home game

sorry forgot the new excuse of saving for final

Will the best fans in the world TM buy all their ticket allocation for the final?

How many were not sold for the semi 2000?

How many at Fratton 16500 for a prem game.

What a joke.

Bitter no,laughing at the corrupt Prem team yes.You are just a blot on the landscape in Prem history.

Championship next season with no money and stuck with administration so another -10 to start the season on.

Well f**k you then Ho you warped little ***t. I was actually trying to be magnanimous by saying that I was impressed with your fans yesterday, and only asking you to comment on whether you felt you deserved to win or if you actually got a bit of a helping hand. Why does that make me bitter?

I accept that there was a possibility that Bobby Stokes was offside in 76, and if he was then yes we probably got a bit lucky. Unfortunately the only video of the incident available is form an angle that makes it very difficult to judge, and seeing as I was only born the previous year, I was not actually at Wembley or able to make a judgement on it there and then.

I ask you for your comments and you have to go totally on the defensive claiming that we are all bitter and twisted about it, but that is only in your mind.

Your problem, you snivelling little cvnt, is that you only read what you want to read out of people's posts. I try to be civil to people on this board, really I do. But I'm afraid that all of the abuse you get on here you bring on yourself and you deserve every bit of it.

Do you actually read what is on here? There's very little bitterness - we are more than a bit ****ed off by the incompetence of Spuds & the ref (though at least it proves all the conspiracy theories you lot spout are drivel. The ref was clearly not corrupt, just as crap as they ever are), but we are not bitter. Your moment will still come, our fun still goes on, hey-ho.

Wonder how Admin Andy is feeling today? Sore head? Had been waiting for today to start the big cull, but now they've only gone and won it (with a little help from TCWTW).

So what will Andy do? Terminate contracts, or appease the Few (we saw the empty seats!) and become personally liable for wages over the next few weeks? Probably too late anyhow, as he's already become personally liable for any bonuses that the club can't honour. Ouch, yesterday must have been a game Admin Andy wanted desperately to lose...

I understand that the SKY parachute money for two years has already been given by the FA to the Administrator to allow him to pay the players and keep the club going till the end of the season!

That was the plan but that has been derailed. The cash is discounted at 30% and has been loaned/secured against already....

The rest is easy to work out as to who got their hands on it

allegedly

It was reported that the bonuses that caused a lot of the problems were for "qualifying for Europe".

Given that Chelsea are already going to be in the Champions league technically they have qualified (even if they chose to turn it down).

It would be unfortunate if this semi final win increased the wage bill to the point that the administrator felt complelled to shut up shop...

(I doubt this will happen but an amusing thought)

Well f**k you then Ho you warped little ***t. I was actually trying to be magnanimous by saying that I was impressed with your fans yesterday, and only asking you to comment on whether you felt you deserved to win or if you actually got a bit of a helping hand. Why does that make me bitter?

I accept that there was a possibility that Bobby Stokes was offside in 76, and if he was then yes we probably got a bit lucky. Unfortunately the only video of the incident available is form an angle that makes it very difficult to judge, and seeing as I was only born the previous year, I was not actually at Wembley or able to make a judgement on it there and then.

I ask you for your comments and you have to go totally on the defensive claiming that we are all bitter and twisted about it, but that is only in your mind.

Your problem, you snivelling little cvnt, is that you only read what you want to read out of people's posts. I try to be civil to people on this board, really I do. But I'm afraid that all of the abuse you get on here you bring on yourself and you deserve every bit of it.

LOL. Yes, you were complimentary about our fans (the only one on here I who has been I might add) but to claim you're being magnanimous when you go on to say that the refree was possibly corrupt is a bit much, wouldn't you say? I wasn't being defensive at all, just pointing out that in football sometimes you get the decisions and sometimes you don't. As for your fans not being bitter and twisted, just read the thread about the game yesterday started by the Romsey Retard and try and tell me that with a straight face. Some of the claims and quotes in there are so laughable it's untrue. The fact that you yourself said our fans were great yesterday when somany of your other fans said we were crap says it all about how Saints fans are in denial about the volume Pompey fans generate. Post after post about how deluded the media are about us.

So thanks for your comments Bexy but saying the ref was possibly corrupt negates your claim maganimity

Do you actually read what is on here? There's very little bitterness - we are more than a bit ****ed off by the incompetence of Spuds & the ref (though at least it proves all the conspiracy theories you lot spout are drivel. The ref was clearly not corrupt, just as crap as they ever are), but we are not bitter. Your moment will still come, our fun still goes on, hey-ho.

Like I said, read the Pompey Spurs match thread and tell me there's no bitterness. As for not reading what's written, that's some advice you could give to your own fans about many of my posts. If people actually read what I wrote rather than just knee jerking in response they might understand some of my comments properly

That was the plan but that has been derailed. The cash is discounted at 30% and has been loaned/secured against already....

The rest is easy to work out as to who got their hands on it

allegedly

Phil, have you seen this substantiated anywhere or have you been caught up in the speculation. As far as I'm aware nothing has been agreed about any deal to bring parachute money forward (maybe behind close doors I guess but I've seen nothing in the press detailing it). Pompey fans are dead against the idea as, like you say, it will undoubtedly go straight in Chainrai's pocket. Would be interested if you coudl post a link to prove what you're saying

Corp never comes on after a Pompey win or do something good, ever.

No, I've only been on here this season because we've done so well all year haven't I? PMSL

Oh look, corp is on, what a shock.

I for one loved watching Arry lose yesterday and I'll enjoy watching Chelski win the final.

Doesn't really get any better for us Saints fans, especially knowing what the immediate future holds for the blue few.

Pity that there were so many empty seats in the upper tier meaning that the hardcore fans missed it.

Phil, have you seen this substantiated anywhere or have you been caught up in the speculation. As far as I'm aware nothing has been agreed about any deal to bring parachute money forward (maybe behind close doors I guess but I've seen nothing in the press detailing it). Pompey fans are dead against the idea as, like you say, it will undoubtedly go straight in Chainrai's pocket. Would be interested if you coudl post a link to prove what you're saying

I was very careful to comment on vague allegations I have heard, not read

If there were links then the volcano would have erupted already. Let's keep it to an analysis from afar and the occassional research that has been fair to medium so far. But would expect your last line has happened paperwork wise if not actually.

Away from where I heard it, interpret these facts

Chanrai puts in 5mil for admin costs = the due Sky payment??

It costs 3/4mil a month to run the club during admin = the parachute money???

Add the rumours of looking for a business process that allows PFC to draw down the money = a loan??

How much = 15mil?? = parachute payment??

Then it's about how much interest you can charge on the secured loan and who made it

Other question (tee hee)

How long does a Kit Sponsorship contract last for?

Anyone EVER seen a contract change in mid season?

And if you were contracted as the sponsor, just what would you feel like on a Monday morning IF the team you had paid SHED loads of money to waltzed out on global TV wearing another company's product?...

More legal fees possibly

One question about yesterday, which may have already been answered elsewhere... how come Pompey were wearing next season's kit?

we have done this plenty of times before..

maybe not this early..but we have worn "next seasons kit" on the last home game of the current season..

maybe not this early..but we have worn "next seasons kit" on the last home game of the current season..

Not when it's been a completely new manufacturer because the contract with the old one would still be in place. As Phil says above, unless the contract with Canterbury had been bought out (with what?), they would be mighty p!ssed that the team you were paying to wear your kit, turned up wearing a competitor's.

Edited by krissyboy31

All well and good doing it on the last day of the season (it's probably written into the contract that the club can do that), but to do it a month before the end of the season??

anyway, putting aside all the excitement of their glorious and partially-well-earned but official-assisted victory over a striker-free Spurs for a moment, how's that debt clearance going?

Has the new owner put £60M on the table yet or are they still on course for a decade or two in the wilderness?

you can put a dirty old tramp in a new kit but he's still a dirty old tramp.

Other question (tee hee)

How long does a Kit Sponsorship contract last for?

Anyone EVER seen a contract change in mid season?

And if you were contracted as the sponsor, just what would you feel like on a Monday morning IF the team you had paid SHED loads of money to waltzed out on global TV wearing another company's product?...

More legal fees possibly

Sorry to **** on your chips everyone who's raised this point but the reason we were able to wear the new Kappa kit was because the previous supplier (Canterbury) went bust earlier in the year so sorry but I can't see any more legal fees coming our way. Try and keep up eh? More worrying from my point of view is the 5 year deal with Kappa. I suspect Andronikou has done the deal at a knock down price and the money will have gone straight to Chainrai.

One last thing on my last post of the day. There was a post earlier about something posted on a Pompey board about info being sent to the BBC (good to see you lot still scouring Pompey messageboards). The guy who posted that is a friend of mine and whilst I'm not saying all I've been told about it it apprently concerns Azougy and details of someone instructing Pompey's staff that Azougy was to have full control of the clubs finances. Could cause real problems for some people I'm told.

before you gloat about points deductions, whilst that's a possibility, remember that if it's shown that the club has been the victim of criminal intent there's even a possibility that the current points deduction could be rescinded. Not saying that will happen but it's in the PL rule book

Bye for now girls

Is Harry in court this week?

Not checking the whole thread to see if its mentioned

Storrieteller - Thursday 15th April 2010 for plea then the real court case is 16th May 2011 and then IMO the points penalties.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1244847/Sol-Campbell-sues-troubled-Portsmouth-money-owed-Arsenal-defender.html#ixzz0hgfy6Bxq

The other 2 (Milan and Henry) I believe are in court Wed 14th April 2010 for plea.

All at Southwark Crown Court.

IMO the "leaked" email the other week will not have helped any of them.