Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Interesting though - they obvioulsy did sell thier allocation and some, and what happened to the easy Spurs win.

Spurs final and finishing ball was hopeless, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. They may get tonked in the final (don't bet on it though) but credit where it's due - they've done ok to get to the final.

Who knows, the FA may yet be further embarrassed by the fact that thier showpiece cup competition being won by a team that has cheated it's way through both league and cup, whilst they have stood by and done nothing.

I'm sure I saw a a fair few rows of empty seats at the back of the upper tier in their end. The rest of your post is spot on though.

Sorry to **** on your chips everyone who's raised this point but the reason we were able to wear the new Kappa kit was because the previous supplier (Canterbury) went bust earlier in the year so sorry but I can't see any more legal fees coming our way. Try and keep up eh? More worrying from my point of view is the 5 year deal with Kappa. I suspect Andronikou has done the deal at a knock down price and the money will have gone straight to Chainrai.

One last thing on my last post of the day. There was a post earlier about something posted on a Pompey board about info being sent to the BBC (good to see you lot still scouring Pompey messageboards). The guy who posted that is a friend of mine and whilst I'm not saying all I've been told about it it apprently concerns Azougy and details of someone instructing Pompey's staff that Azougy was to have full control of the clubs finances. Could cause real problems for some people I'm told.

before you gloat about points deductions, whilst that's a possibility, remember that if it's shown that the club has been the victim of criminal intent there's even a possibility that the current points deduction could be rescinded. Not saying that will happen but it's in the PL rule book

Bye for now girls

LMFAO

You are one funny little c*nt. hahahahahahaha

I was ******ed off yesterday when you got to the final, thinking about it now, I couldn't give a flying fook because it just keeps your hopes up before freefall.

Sorry to **** on your chips everyone who's raised this point but the reason we were able to wear the new Kappa kit was because the previous supplier (Canterbury) went bust earlier in the year so sorry but I can't see any more legal fees coming our way. Try and keep up eh? More worrying from my point of view is the 5 year deal with Kappa. I suspect Andronikou has done the deal at a knock down price and the money will have gone straight to Chainrai.

One last thing on my last post of the day. There was a post earlier about something posted on a Pompey board about info being sent to the BBC (good to see you lot still scouring Pompey messageboards). The guy who posted that is a friend of mine and whilst I'm not saying all I've been told about it it apprently concerns Azougy and details of someone instructing Pompey's staff that Azougy was to have full control of the clubs finances. Could cause real problems for some people I'm told.

before you gloat about points deductions, whilst that's a possibility, remember that if it's shown that the club has been the victim of criminal intent there's even a possibility that the current points deduction could be rescinded. Not saying that will happen but it's in the PL rule book

Bye for now girls

Is that the sound of clutching at straws?

Unlikely given that it was those in charge of the club at the time who appointed him in the first place, knowing that he has a string of convictions for fraudulent activity.

The Premier League will argue that the club didn't take a reasonable level of care when appointing him to a job of that magnitude, and that if he was indeed in full control of the finances, the club then subsequently lied to the Premier League when they asked them to clarify his role.

Bye for now girls

Don't let the digs into history stop your mates from digging at the now. There's probably worse to come.

Have things been legal or nearly so, not necessarily the issue, my thought process is more along the lines of working out the AA & Chanrai game. What I see so far is making me start to think points deductions will be the least of your worries. If you like something along the lines of "If somebody has already got their money back and more and they don't have any future liability at a fixed point in time would they worry about selling their shares or would they get out at the first possible moment.

Sorry to **** on your chips everyone who's raised this point but the reason we were able to wear the new Kappa kit was because the previous supplier (Canterbury) went bust earlier in the year so sorry but I can't see any more legal fees coming our way.

I think you'll find they had a great deal more success than finding a buyer and coming out of Administration than you lot. I'm sure JD will be picking over the the legalities as we speak.

Despite a couple of bits of luck, with Spurs players slipping at key moments for both goals and a few key referreing decisions going there way, I hate to say it, but I thought they matched Spurs throughout and were the better team for fair sized parts of the game (if you were a Spurs fan you'd be fuming, I know a fair few Spurs who already hated Redknapp).

But yesterday just goes to show that those who have said "they're getting away with it" have been right. They have cheated their way to an FA Cup Final, beaten a Spurs side full of expensive internationals. They've been allowed to take whatever the current figure is (£18 million??) of HMRC money and spend it on a half decent forward linel. We can laugh or they want and talk about them being "toast" and continue to speculate as to what may or may not happen to them in the future, but as it currently stands they have just won at Wembley and will be playing in the FA Cup final. They would have most likely have been relegated without the 9 point deduction, so at this point in time they have "got away with it".

Compare that to our punishment for going into administration - basically not being in a play off position as our results from this season should have guaranteed.

Don't let the digs into history stop your mates from digging at the now. There's probably worse to come.

Have things been legal or nearly so, not necessarily the issue, my thought process is more along the lines of working out the AA & Chanrai game. What I see so far is making me start to think points deductions will be the least of your worries. If you like something along the lines of "If somebody has already got their money back and more and they don't have any future liability at a fixed point in time would they worry about selling their shares or would they get out at the first possible moment.

So for us thickies on here, what you are saying is that once Chainrai has got his money out of the club, he will up and run ?

If sky payments are being paid in advance (is that what your saying ?) then surely they will be paid direct to running costs, players ect ?

Sorry Phil, but can't understand how he will get his money without selling of club or assets.

But yesterday just goes to show that those who have said "they're getting away with it" have been right. They have cheated their way to an FA Cup Final, beaten a Spurs side full of expensive internationals. They've been allowed to take whatever the current figure is (£18 million??) of HMRC money and spend it on a half decent forward linel. We can laugh or they want and talk about them being "toast" and continue to speculate as to what may or may not happen to them in the future, but as it currently stands they have just won at Wembley and will be playing in the FA Cup final. They would have most likely have been relegated without the 9 point deduction, so at this point in time they have "got away with it".

Compare that to our punishment for going into administration - basically not being in a play off position as our results from this season should have guaranteed.

I think we can grant them a final hurrah... but where are you getting the 'getting away with it' nonsense from? The storm clouds over Krap Nottarf are still think and darkening by the day. They most definately haven't got out of the brown stuff yet.

You forget one thing Corpy,

You have now been relegated so by the time a footballing body comes to look at points deductions, it won't be your friendly chums at the PL that will look at it - it will now been down to the FL. I think if you find a Luton fan and ask him how the FL react to clubs uncovering criminal activity, I think you'll say they don't give a monkeys and its down to the club & you can have an extra points deduction. But if you think that its a possibility that you'll get the current deduction rescinded then a) you're completely deluded and b) you're still going down anyway.

Just heard on Talksport that AA is going to appeal to the FA about not putting in an application to play in Europe next season. Words fail me....

Did I hear something on BBC Radio 4 this morning along the lines of 'The Premier League are considering extending the parachute payments from 2 to 4 seasons'? I'm not certain but I think there was some comment about that helping Pompey.

Edit: there's something about it here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/09/premier-league-parachute-payments-extend

I think we can grant them a final hurrah... but where are you getting the 'getting away with it' nonsense from? The storm clouds over Krap Nottarf are still think and darkening by the day. They most definately haven't got out of the brown stuff yet.

Yeah, yeah, there are 466 pages telling us about how f*****d the skates are and of course I can see the future doesn't look to clever for them, but we can only speculate what may or may not happen to them. There were plenty on here suggesting that they may not have been able to fulfil their cup fixture with us, now look at them, winning at Wembley and in an FA Cup Final with players in effect paid for out of money due to the HMRC. In my eyes they have currently "got away with it", I'm not going to comment on ifs or maybes until they actually come to fruition, however likely they may or may not seem.

Bye for now girls

So you are only concerned about sticking to the rules when it suits you???

Did I hear something on BBC Radio 4 this morning along the lines of 'The Premier League are considering extending the parachute payments from 2 to 4 seasons'? I'm not certain but I think there was some comment about that helping Pompey.

Edit: there's something about it here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/09/premier-league-parachute-payments-extend

So the Prem Chairmen will vote on it.

Chair: Gentlemen, next up is the vote to extend parachute payments from 2 to 4 years. Basically, if it comes to it and you "do a Pompey" (s******s all round), do you want us to give you some money for 2 years, or for 4?

FFS.

The Football League also has to agree to it - far from a formality for obvious reasons.

PL spokesman: Hello FL, if a team comes down, would you like them to bring with them 2 years worth of cash to buy stuff from other clubs under your control, or 4 years worth of dirty filthy cash?

FL spokesman: 4 please, now lube me up and ride me like you have for the last decade or so.

PL spokesman: Hello FL, if a team comes down, would you like them to bring with them 2 years worth of cash to buy stuff from other clubs under your control, or 4 years worth of dirty filthy cash?

FL spokesman: 4 please, now lube me up and ride me like you have for the last decade or so.

Don't think so! Many FL Chairmen and Managers up in arms about it already. Will make a mockery of their competition because basically, no team coming down from the Prem will be able to compete.

Bye for now girls

Shame you're no longer in the 'PL' then ho

I think they should appeal to UEFA. If they get let in it will probably be funny.

Yesterday was, in many ways, the perfect outcome. Redknapp failed, PFC achieved, well another trip to Wembley to get destroyed by Chelsea. Whoppee doo. It probably made them a couple of £m. Again, whoppee doo. Drop in the ocean. It's made Redknapp look silly and will only make the relegation pill harder to swallow.

If I was a neutral watching yesterday, I would have been impressed with their support and the way they played. Grant clearly out coached Redknapp and although Spurs had 70% of the ball, The Skates had some great chances before they even scored. I certainly changed my opinion on Wilson, Mokenea and Rocha, none of who I rated, as all 3 were superb yesterday, with Bale head and shoulders above any other Spurs player.I think it would be a bit churlish to say they were lucky yesterday, as luck has always played a part in football. They were lucky at O/T the last time they won the cup, but yesterday I thought they just about edged it. It was nice to see Rednapp shown up as a poor coach, something he showed us week in week out, but something the rest of football seems to ignore.

In the long run, It's not going to make too much difference to the club and it's finances, although extra exposure is always going to be a plus rather than a minus.

LOL. Yes, you were complimentary about our fans (the only one on here I who has been I might add) but to claim you're being magnanimous when you go on to say that the refree was possibly corrupt is a bit much, wouldn't you say? I wasn't being defensive at all, just pointing out that in football sometimes you get the decisions and sometimes you don't. As for your fans not being bitter and twisted, just read the thread about the game yesterday started by the Romsey Retard and try and tell me that with a straight face. Some of the claims and quotes in there are so laughable it's untrue. The fact that you yourself said our fans were great yesterday when somany of your other fans said we were crap says it all about how Saints fans are in denial about the volume Pompey fans generate. Post after post about how deluded the media are about us.

So thanks for your comments Bexy but saying the ref was possibly corrupt negates your claim maganimity

So you accept that I was actually being quite gracious, and that other people appear to be bitter, yet you still found it necessary to attack me and my post?

I suggest you have a read of this book Corp... It might give you some pointers about where you are going wrong.

PMSL, you girls aren't bitter at all are you?

So you're saying now we may have bought off the ref? Sorry, but that's the way football goes. Some decisions go for you and some go against you. Dawson slipped but there were a couple of times when our strikers could have been through but slipped. And whilst those decisions went for us there were at least three fantastic opportunities we had to score that we didn't take.

If we want to talk about dodgy decisions let's talk about the winning goal in the 1976 cup final that should clearly have been flagged as offside. Shall we debate that one?

We got the rub of the green yesterday and won the game. The same's happened to you lot on many occasions because that's the way football goes. Just get over it. The bitterness you're showing is making you look ridiculous and not a little pathetic.

I agree - you won fair and square, both teams played on the same pitch and both had the same referee to contend with. It was the same for both teams - and you were the better team on the day.

The fact that you played with players that you patently cannot afford, and who should not be employed by the club is neither here nor there. The fact that you decided not to pay your TAX, Agents, Other Clubs and even own employee's contrary to the law really is not your problem. It's everybody elses fault - not yours - you are only the club that cheated, but everybody else is to blame because they let you cheat.

I've read posts from your fans on many forums admitting that your last cup success was 'bought' with money that you don't have. They say that there is a very 'sweet taste' to cup success - I think, that if your club and your fans, have an ounce of morals, you will taste nothing but bitter pungent shyte.

And on your next 'victory' parade when the 1 million people take to the streets applauding and cheering, have a little thought for the 50 odd million that are actually thinking, 'Cheats'. That is what all of the professional players, managers and chairman will be thinking - but perhaps too much of a good sport to actually come out and say it.

Good luck to you. Win the cup, by all means - but why not try to win it by fair means.

Edited by Micky

I bought some new Kappa trainers a week ago, should have known:

"Kappa have signed a five-year deal with Pompey to become the club's official kit partner.

The deal starts from next season but the Blues will wear a special one-off Kappa kit in Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham at Wembley.

Pompey's head of operations Lucius Peart said: "We are delighted to be working with such an iconic sporting brand and we look forward to building a strong relationship with Kappa.

"We can't wait to see the players take to the field at Wembley on Sunday wearing their new Kappa kit.

"It looks really strong and we have really tried to integrate all the historical aspects of the club's kit by being very careful and particular with the choice of colours."

Kappa CEO Simon Bamber said: "We are delighted to be partnering with Pompey. Their long history and tradition - and above all their incredible support - makes us proud to be part of the club's future."

Read more: http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=194640#ixzz0khRWY2fe"[/quote]

Isn`t he in "Harry Potter and the Crock of ****e"??

Hey, why haven't we got a substantially big name as a sponsor?

Because we don't need one is why!

100,000 fans?

Grant is having a mare, that means he's lost 150,000 from his orginal 250,000 figure in just three months.

At this rate they will be down to a hardcore of barely 50,000 regulars in no time and the new world cup superstadium won't be needed anymore.

They need to stop the rot and get that fanbase back up to 250,000 asap!

Presumably the acres of empty seats in their section at Wembley was some sort of worthy and noble protest against the nasty old Prem/taxman/FA/FL?

In fact it must have felt like a home game for them, all that space to wander around or to shout across to the bloke sat next to them.

What a day out, the bus that took them all must have been like a little mobile disco party on the way back down the deserted A3.

I think they should appeal to UEFA. If they get let in it will probably be funny.

Yesterday was, in many ways, the perfect outcome. Redknapp failed, PFC achieved, well another trip to Wembley to get destroyed by Chelsea. Whoppee doo. It probably made them a couple of £m. Again, whoppee doo. Drop in the ocean. It's made Redknapp look silly and will only make the relegation pill harder to swallow.

Yeah, you're right, most football fans tend to agree that winning at Wembely and getting to an FA Cup Final makes relegation harder to take :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're right, most football fans tend to agree that winning at Wembely and getting to an FA Cup Final makes relegation harder to take :rolleyes:

Well, I think yesterday's performance showed that they should have got a lot more points this season. That will be hard to take IMO. Losing a final will suck too. Especially when it is the last thing remotely positive about the club.

When we lost to Arsenal it was ok because we (thought we) still had a bright future at the time and we had PL stability and Europe to look forward to.

Their match against Chelsea will be the only positive thing on the horizon for years and years. I think it will be hard for them to take. Of course not everyone thinks the same.

Well, I think yesterday's performance showed that they should have got a lot more points this season. That will be hard to take IMO. Losing a final will suck too. Especially when it is the last thing remotely positive about the club.

When we lost to Arsenal it was ok because we (thought we) still had a bright future at the time and we had PL stability and Europe to look forward to.

Their match against Chelsea will be the only positive thing on the horizon for years and years. I think it will be hard for them to take. Of course not everyone thinks the same.

As with their game against Spurs yesterday, they have very little to lose, most of them have given up on the league and well have a guaranteed good day out at Wembley, the only way it'd turn bad for them was if they were to be 4-0 at half time and completely humiliated, but I said the same before yesterdays game......

As with their game against Spurs yesterday, they have very little to lose, most of them have given up on the league and well have a guaranteed good day out at Wembley, the only way it'd turn bad for them was if they were to be 4-0 at half time and completely humiliated, but I said the same before yesterdays game......

Yesterday my skate mates expected to lose.

Today, even the most lucid, are starting to believe that it's fate for them to win it.

It's the hope that is really going to kill 'em.

100,000 fans?

Presumably the acres of empty seats in their section at Wembley was some sort of worthy and noble protest against the nasty old Prem/taxman/FA/FL?

QUOTE]

Good picture in todays Telegraph Sport section showing the empty seats at the Blue few end. Shame that I can't find the same picture on the Telegraph website.

Best bit about the photo is that standing out load and proud is the name of one club................ yep SOUTHAMPTON.... oh the irony.

Good picture in todays Telegraph Sport section showing the empty seats at the Blue few end. Shame that I can't find the same picture on the Telegraph website.

Best bit about the photo is that standing out load and proud is the name of one club................ yep SOUTHAMPTON.... oh the irony.

Get it scanned in mate.

We all know that in the future they'll be telling us that they took 1,000,000 the Wembley that day.

It would be nice to have photographic proof to deflate them.

If I was a neutral watching yesterday, I would have been impressed with their support and the way they played. Grant clearly out coached Redknapp and although Spurs had 70% of the ball, The Skates had some great chances before they even scored. I certainly changed my opinion on Wilson, Mokenea and Rocha, none of who I rated, as all 3 were superb yesterday, with Bale head and shoulders above any other Spurs player.I think it would be a bit churlish to say they were lucky yesterday, as luck has always played a part in football. They were lucky at O/T the last time they won the cup, but yesterday I thought they just about edged it. It was nice to see Rednapp shown up as a poor coach, something he showed us week in week out, but something the rest of football seems to ignore.

they won fair and square yesterday. it is though the only thing they have done fair and square the last couple of years

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8558580.stm

Yes, it's having a 'can-do' approach that has got them into the problems they're now in. Unbelievable, they now want UEFA to change their rules to suit them as well.

Cheating barstewards.

I don't blame them for trying this at all. If you are the administrator and there is a possible revenue stream that can be opened you might as well fire of a quick missive saying "look, sorry we didn't apply, any chance of reconsidering?".

It's a whole different kettle of fish to their antics this season IMO.

Their administrator has admitted they are selling everyone and they will return all loan players. They are likely to have a new manager and coaching staff along with further points deductions. The administrator said next season will likely have a squad full of free transfers and youth players. The best free transfers won't go to Pompey but instead to other Championship clubs so they will be scrapping the barrel of the free transfers no-one else wants. Any European campaign with a squad like they will have won't last long so it doesn't really matter if in Europe or not.

(In any case none of that matters because they won't be allowed in Europe anyway)

Yesterday my skate mates expected to lose.

Today, even the most lucid, are starting to believe that it's fate for them to win it.

It's the hope that is really going to kill 'em.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they beat Chelsea in the final, after the luck they had yesterday. It's the old "name on the cup" thing.

I don't even think it's superstition, it's like with us in the JPT Norwich game when the ball fell to Papa in the last second of the game. Things like that, and yesterday where Spurs did batter them and have a perfectly good goal chalked off, give teams an inner belief that it's their time. They will go into the Chelsea game confident with nothing to fear.

Sorry to **** on your chips everyone who's raised this point but the reason we were able to wear the new Kappa kit was because the previous supplier (Canterbury) went bust earlier in the year so sorry but I can't see any more legal fees coming our way.

...and the reason they went bust? Did it have anything to do with your crappy little club not paying them, hence they were also bolted onto the HMRC winding up petition!

So for us thickies on here, what you are saying is that once Chainrai has got his money out of the club, he will up and run ?

If sky payments are being paid in advance (is that what your saying ?) then surely they will be paid direct to running costs, players ect ?

Sorry Phil, but can't understand how he will get his money without selling of club or assets.

That's what I'd been struggling with.

Unless, it's something like-AA, here's a loan to pay the running costs... 3mil

Cheers matey, Here's the TV payment 5mil

AA old buddy, Here's a loan to pay the running costs to the end of the season 10 mil

Thanks dude, Here's the parachute payment 15mil

Obviously he has costs and needs to charge interest....

He's a secured creditor, nobody buys the club his debt is still secured so he can take it out of cash flow or on interest charged on new guaranteed loans.

We assume he wants to bother with paying debt off or HMRC's new bills or footballing debt. But if we stop assuming that (let's face it we all find the idea of someone actually BUYING them to be unlikely) then what are you left with?

I think it is now about Chanrai getting his money out. He WAS stitched up, he won't care about anything except the way to get it back.

Just for one minute ignore the "It's a great club" type spin, HOW can he get his money out legally during Admin?

Starts to add up is all i'm saying, it's an idea, may be miles off or may have the start of the answer in it