Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@dazbushy: @Boyce_SmithDJ @Davie_Pearce Inside information KL not happy with amount of investment with no return

I received this tweet from a Skate who insisted on trotting out the old story about KL not wanting involved in the club.

Tbh it's getting very boring now how the deluded few cling to anything at all in a pathetic attempt to ignore their reality

It's always surprised me how the few know very little about what is happening within their own club, the debts, the securities, the conditions of administration, the details of the penalties etc - but they know everything that happens in the Saints' boardroom.

Do you think there's a mole?

I think it's amusing how the Skates are all now saying out with the dead wood and new broom required. Good riddance etc. Up until a week ago had anyone suggested that some of those players should be released they would have gone bananas about it!

David James got a special halftime welcome from the Northam/Kingsland corner where he was working for TV.

The abuse was merciless, it's the first time I've seen a pundit helped away by security.

tbf he did insist on Pompey adhering to the contract they signed with him. It was a shock for them.

Interesting read about the continued development of a true fan-owned club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32787590

But no it cannot be true... but at least they're not the bestest. And they're only two divisions below pompey now.

[/font][/color]

Certainly puts the gaptoothiest in the shade for commitment and dare I say passion

Think I'll put a quid on Newport, just so I can empathise more with The9..

I bought an F1 car on eBay in February for a quid, I have more chance of seeing that again than you would.

I shall be betting on Newport only for relegation when those odds finally come out. :(

Just for the record, the reason the Skate odds are so short is (again) because they're all betting on it - when I went on oddschecker the other day it showed betting activity levels, and there are loads more bets on them than any others (unsurprising given the relative fanbases in League 2), rather than the bookies thinking they're a decent bet.

Just for the record, Doncaster's average attendance last season was 6807, they've been around the 9-11k mark in Championship and 7000 in L1. Not really a surprise a team getting 15k for 4 of the last 5 seasons can outbid them. More surprising the likes of Sheff U weren't interested... if he's any good.

Interesting way to approach games. Cook says during their pre season friendlies, his players will intentionally give their opponents the ball so they can learn to defend better. Obviously very confident in his strikers abilities or putting out the excuses early for losses against inferior opposition...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/cook-eyeing-pompey-trip-to-the-sun-1-6755248

I was told by a boar member today the playing budget for the coming season (including Cook's salary) is £2.5m.

Not sure how that compares with other clubs in the division.

He also said that Awford is returning to the club after a holiday, to run the academy.

It seems as though they have little choice. They were so desperate to get Awford in post that they agreed to his condition; "I'll only take the job providing you can't sack me and kick me out of the club like you did Guy Whittingham."

So it appears they are saddled with each other for some time

Oh jesus, it has:

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=592402

Fair play to this guy :lol:

I'm gutted and I'll tell you why.

After years of mis-understanding what a 'release clause value' was, numerous posters helped to clarify that it was just a starting amount that clubs would offer, and before we knew it a huge bidding war would be underway. So even though the contract specified £275k as a release amount, the smarter clubs would soon be offering hundreds of thousands more to PFC because it would 'impress Jed' and get him to sign for them. But if we're only going to get the £275k it's made me think that some of those posts were well, erm nonsense. It's all very confusing.

"Never forget Darren Anderton was told by the Stripey Scouts that he was just to gawky, and not good enough for them. That cost them almost 2 million almost 23 years ago."

I'll never forget Mark Chamberlain refusing to allow his son to sign for some two bit club, that he had actually played for himself, that has had a woeful youth system for as long as I remember, in favour of Saints, which you could say cost them £12-15m.

Sicknote went for £1.75m by the way. Almost £2m I suppose, but roughly a `Jed Wallace transfer fee' amount short.

£250k for their best player, very funny. We could quite easily get £25m for our best player. Never mind.

We could probably sell 3 or 4 of our players for more than £25 million. We'd be hard pushed to find a player we own that costs £275k. Perhaps Kelvin or one of the youth. Even Mayuka would fetch more you'd think.

"Never forget Darren Anderton was told by the Stripey Scouts that he was just to gawky, and not good enough for them. That cost them almost 2 million almost 23 years ago."

I'll never forget Mark Chamberlain refusing to allow his son to sign for some two bit club, that he had actually played for himself, that has had a woeful youth system for as long as I remember, in favour of Saints, which you could say cost them £12-15m.

Sicknote went for £1.75m by the way. Almost £2m I suppose, but roughly a `Jed Wallace transfer fee' amount short.

How much is former Skate JWP worth? The England u21 captain, the one whose parents intentionally put him into our academy.... who were also Skates.....

Edited by Colinjb

Is that a new unit of measurement? In addition to a monkey, pony etc

So if Morgan goes for 25 million do we term it as 100 Jeds?

£27.5 million is 100 Jeds. £25 million is 91 Jeds, give or take.

Precisely £0.00

Delicious. I'll laugh even more if Wolves then loan him straight out to a League One side like Gillingham, which they might. Would still represent considerable career progress for Jed.

The Anderton example is hilarious. They had obviously forgotten a long line of expensive and fine players on their patch who have played for us - Chamberlain, JWP, Moran and I'm sure I could come up with others.

If Awford returns to his old job, that will make a very political environment for Paul Cook. Can see that being quite unsettling and undermining all round, in addition to the usual hype they are heaping onto themselves before the start of the season.

The Anderton example is hilarious. They had obviously forgotten a long line of expensive and fine players on their patch who have played for us - Chamberlain, JWP, Moran and I'm sure I could come up with others.

there's that little fella who scored quite an important a goal at Wembley.

You can add Steve Mills, Mark Whitlock, Mark Blake, Paul Moody and Calum Chambers if you think Petersfield is skate territory and Pat Earles if the wonderful Titchfield is seen in the same way.

Edited by Chez

got my Skate buzzword bingo card ready for when he releases a statement

Words will include

Biggest

Best

Fans

Massive

League One

Huge

Challenge

Amazing

Feel free to add your own

I was surprised to see nobody had jumped onto the skate buzzword bingo after their huge signing yesterday!

Bennett said: “This is a massive club with a great fan base and the manager expressed a desire to bring me here."

“I’ve had a few other offers from the league above, but I certainly don’t see this as a backward step."

“This club are looking to go somewhere and I want to be a part of that. I know what it takes to win promotion from this division because I’ve done it before.”

Bennett also revealed that he is looking forward to running out in front of the Fratton faithful.

He said: “I’ve played against Pompey before and know what the supporters are like. They’re loud and there’s plenty of them."

Pure gold.

I was told by a boar member today the playing budget for the coming season (including Cook's salary) is £2.5m.

Not sure how that compares with other clubs in the division.

As I may have mentioned, Newport's is £900k for next season.

I was surprised to see nobody had jumped onto the skate buzzword bingo after their huge signing yesterday!

Bennett said: “This is a massive club with a great fan base and the manager expressed a desire to bring me here."

“I’ve had a few other offers from the league above, but I certainly don’t see this as a backward step."

“This club are looking to go somewhere and I want to be a part of that. I know what it takes to win promotion from this division because I’ve done it before.”

Bennett also revealed that he is looking forward to running out in front of the Fratton faithful.

He said: “I’ve played against Pompey before and know what the supporters are like. They’re loud and there’s plenty of them."

Pure gold.

:) The trusty template makes another appearance

Pure gold.

Which translates to the are paying me more money.

I don't see why they should have paid any debt - Man United and Chelsea owe people money but you don't see them getting picked on by the football authorities.

Fair play to pompey for making a stand and only paying a pittance - it's a victory for the underdog!

And we should know because our administration was exactly the same as theirs, and we'll be back in it soon because I've heard that the Liebherr family wants to sell up asap because the fans boo their own players and the council owns the stadium.

Etc.

Bennett said: “This club are looking to go somewhere and I want to be a part of that.”

Portugal, apparently.

So he hasn't been booed there. Yet.

I don't see why they should have paid any debt - Man United and Chelsea owe people money but you don't see them getting picked on by the football authorities.

Fair play to pompey for making a stand and only paying a pittance - it's a victory for the underdog!

And we should know because our administration was exactly the same as theirs, and we'll be back in it soon because I've heard that the Liebherr family wants to sell up asap because the fans boo their own players and the council owns the stadium.

Etc.

:lol: Can actually see their lot spewing that out whilst getting very red in the face , stamping their six toed feet.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})