Stupid Durham on talksport

adysaint

Did anyone hear it about half an hour ago...

Comment was along the line of:

"How come someone like Rickie Lambert who has never played in the top 2 divisions has now played at Wembley twice when some great players never get to play there..."

...and:

"If he was good enough, he'd have made it by now..."

Closest I've ever come to ringing up a phone in:mad:

I couldn't understand where he was coming from - Was he suggesting things like the JPT shouldn't be played at Wembley? Or was he taking a cheap pop at our best striker?

I mean, a man and his dog can play at Wembley now. They had a schoolgirls match on the pitch before KO.

Unless Barca get to a European Final at Wembley or England play Argentina in a friendly, its quite likely that someone like Messi might never play at Wembley.

Hope RL scores a hattrick against The Posh next season

Just looking for a reaction, can't stand Talksport at times.

Durham and that ginger t w@t Parry just say things to get a reaction as do most of the idiot presenters on Talksport, how many other people end up shouting at the car radio.

I think talksport`s presenters just say provocative things to wind people up.Then everybody phones in.One of the reasons why i don`t listen to that station all that often

how they keep their income from advertisors is by having high listener numbers.

Durham is the worst because the views he expresses are in complete contradiction with supporting a club of Peterboro's size.

Talksport is bloody awful the majority of the time,imo.

Irani/Brazil and the 'moose' just talk over each other constantly and it's usually drivel anyhow.

Mostly showing off who got invited to what freebie event.

Brazil constantly drops the hint he is ITK but actually knows feck all.

Irani is thick as ****.full stop,just panders in agreement to whatever a guest says.

Talking prvocative bollix to get a reaction,and some fall for it.

Parry is a ****.

Only shows worth a listen are,strangly enough,the ones with no connection to discussion on sporting topics.

He's a bit of a mish mash according to Wikipedia, born in Italy, brought up in America, Germany, Poland...

But to me he sounds American and therefore knows **** all about football;)

You missed the main point, which is undisputed... He is soooooo up his own arse it is unbelievable.

Adrian Durham is very arrogant indeed. He dimisses other peoples opinions even though a talk show is about sharing opinions.

Did anyone else hear Alan Green comment that Saints dont have 44k "true" supporters. That really wound me up. I felt like phoning in and saying that he was wrong. I would have asked him if he thinks Chelsea have 44k "true" supporters. He would have said yes for sure. Then I would have asked him would he think Chelsea would sell out Stamford Bridge if they were in the champ or league 1? The answer would be no. Because some of the 44k saints fans dont go regualrly to the games doesnt mean they are not true supporters. I myself have been to 4 games this season. Two of them the tickets were bought for me (bday and xmas) and the other two MK Dons and Wembley I used my credit card. Now I simply cant afford to go to games but I still go through the emotions every saturday listening on the radio, biting my nails, mood swings when we lose etc At the end of the day I made a sacrafice to get a wembley ticket which I couldnt do every week but I class myself as a "True" supporter.

Adrian Durham is surely the most opinionated of them all. I did hear a little of the show live last night, driving home, and did hear the offensive piece the original poster refers to.

A stupid line of reasoning to infer that Rickie Lambert is only a big fish in a small pond, and that low grade teams and their players shouldn't be allowed to play at Wembley as it downgrades the achievement of having played there - viz "if rubbish players like him can play there, then it shouldn't be allowed."

I was driving, so had no intention of taking the bait and calling in. I simply found another station to listen to.

The other night he was all "so where did all these 44k fans come from? they can't all be Saints fans." Had me answering back. "yeah they are, and there's another 20k who couldn't get tickets."

I had a call from a market researcher last year who was calling on behalf of sports talk shows. She was interested in my feedback on output and was happy that I was prepared to name names. Asked me who I enjoyed and who I didn't. Didn't help much, though, as Durham is still on the airwaves.

He's a contrary so-and-so, but as others have noted before, probably deliberately so, to stimulate reaction. If he's really like that in his private life, he must be hell to live with.

Adrian Durham is very arrogant indeed. He dimisses other peoples opinions even though a talk show is about sharing opinions.

Did anyone else hear Alan Green comment that Saints dont have 44k "true" supporters. That really wound me up. I felt like phoning in and saying that he was wrong. I would have asked him if he thinks Chelsea have 44k "true" supporters. He would have said yes for sure. Then I would have asked him would he think Chelsea would sell out Stamford Bridge if they were in the champ or league 1? The answer would be no. Because some of the 44k saints fans dont go regualrly to the games doesnt mean they are not true supporters. I myself have been to 4 games this season. Two of them the tickets were bought for me (bday and xmas) and the other two MK Dons and Wembley I used my credit card. Now I simply cant afford to go to games but I still go through the emotions every saturday listening on the radio, biting my nails, mood swings when we lose etc At the end of the day I made a sacrafice to get a wembley ticket which I couldnt do every week but I class myself as a "True" supporter.

I did hear Alan Green's comment and like you I was offended by it. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford the money and time to be a season ticket holder. (For me a round trip to St Marys is 170 miles). I have been a st holder since the move to St Marys. Before then I was no less a supporter that I am now. One day I may not be able to affored the money / time to hold a sticket. That will not mean that I will be less of a supporter than I am now. These are basic facts of life - perhaps Alan Green lives such an exalted life as a Five Live commentator that he has forgotten what it is like to be a normal supporter with pressures of time and money.

A comment like this would not have been unexpected on a station like TalkSport or from someone like Adrian Durham. To hear it from Alan Green and on Radio 5 was most surprising.

I listen to talksport a fair bit because I'm in the car a lot and er, I like sport, but what a waste of a sports radio channel it is.

I notice they have got ****flaps on board for the world cup. Another reason to dislike them.

I totally agree. Whether 'true supporters' or not there are only a handful of clubs who would have 44k fans making trip to wembley from outside of London. To be fair i thought Carlisle done well to take over 20k thousand fans considering distance.

Unless Barca get to a European Final at Wembley or England play Argentina in a friendly, its quite likely that someone like Messi might never play at Wembley.

Hope RL scores a hattrick against The Posh next season

Might be being picky, but I saw Messi play at Wembley last Summer in the Wembley Cup!

Durham's a bit like Scooby or 19C, he does it just to wind people up. Ray Houghton seems to get really wound up by him. On the whole I find it better than 5dead. Sunday afternoons are great and H & J good. Dont agree with his politics but Galloway is entertaining.Mike Dickin RIP was great as well.I used to like Rodney Marsh on there, his interview with George Best shortly before he died was one of the best bits of radio I've ever heard.

At the end of the day, dont take it too seriously and it's a good station.

Just ignore it Talksport presenters are nobs in the main.

Spot on. Durham is stupidly provocative just to get idiots phoning up to challenge him - as is Parry. Irani is dire. Collymore is in love with himself. Only one who talks sensibly is Ray Houghton.

Alan Green is a total arshole in the flesh as well. I had to pick some people up from SMS right after the England Macedonia game. As they were getting in Green walks up and starts trying to get in the cab. I told him I wasn't taking him as I was full already. He got really arsey with me and started giving it the 'do you know who I am?' bit. Didn't like it much when I told him I ddn't know him from Adam. Tosser.

I'm a bit tempted to listen to Durham's uninformed arrogance again. I caught a bit of it a couple of months back where I was working and didn't have the control of a radio being played nearby. I found Darren Gough bearable, but Durham was a complete aresehole. He wasn't even humourously pathetic.

Hawkesby & Jacobs are actually quite good fun, but they wouldn't get me to shift from Radio 4, if I had a choice. Radio Silence is good too.